Staying at Casa Colonial is like staying at an uncle's Plantation House in the heart of the Caribbean. As a Small Luxury Hotels of the World you can expect well trained staff willing to pamper the request of the small number of guest staying at 50 Luxury Suites.
What's cool about this hotel is that it is hidden within the Playa Dorada Complex, a popular destination for Canadians and New Yorkers in the late 80s. Since some the hotels of that period where transforms in Condo Appartments, Casa Colonial will give you the Shocking Look that you get in Italy when you go around places of low profile, not dangerous at all, but not flashy at all, until you get into it's gates and there it is Paradise.
In fact the must romantic dinner I have ever had, was at this place. I strongly encourage you to book a dinner at the beach and, when I say at the beach it is literally a table for you, at the beach with waiter and chef just serving you. Book ahead since it is highly requested and it might not be available if you don't booked at least one day ahead or as soon as you arrive.
The hotel is an ocean front property, the beach is good, but what I like more is the service you get from the hotel. I have tried with my wife and also with my daughters and they still remember the family dinner at the beach too, as well as the indulgence of the Spa with great products to pamper you.
You probably don't want to leave from the hotel once you are there. The guest I have found seams to be handpick too, a happy cosmopolitan small crowd that also make the stay pleasant, but since the place is big, you can also have your own space if you don't want to mingle. If you are staying at other hotels in the region, such as Cabarete, you might be aware that if by the timing you are visiting there is a national holiday in the DR, the beaches and roads get crowded, but that never affect the place (during my previous visits) because it is like a private Chateau o House as we said before.
Good places to see near by are Cabarete, after Sosua, let's say 30 minutes away. Cabarete is the regional Capital of the Windsurf and KiteSurf. If you go there, try eating at Papi's Restaurant, he is such a character, is like Foxy's at Just Van Dyke, you have to visit the place, except that here the attraction is the Food instead of the drink. If you approach a bar there, try a Jar of a Bar-Fly if you are in a group or by the glass. That's the Painkiller of the place.
In a nutshell, friendly staff, great place, spacious rooms, very private atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exotic north coast of the Dominican Republic and directly on the crystal water, Casa Colonial Beach & Spa is the ultimate, world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Colonial Beach & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Colonial Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Casa Colonial Beach And Spa
- Hotel Casa Colonial Beach
- Casa Colonial Beach & Spa Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata