“Paradise on Earth ( from Miami)”

Casa Colonial Beach & Spa
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The hotel architecture is one of a kind.The staff very elegant and professional, caring but not too friendly..The bedroom an oasis ,very tasteful.
The food very good especially the deserts!Fabulous beach and constant breeze creating a wonderful temperature, even during the summer you are never sweating. The pool on top has an amazing view of the coast and you really feel that you are leaving a dream!
So: Elegance, Privacy,Warmth, Tranquility,in other words, HEAVEN!!!
And by the way, I would leave the children at home>

Room Tip: Get the Lanai Suite, it is a beach front room with an amazing bathtub ...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Resort_Team, Manager at Casa Colonial Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for your positive review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. Please stay with us again (with or without the kids!).

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is by far the most exclusive dining experience on the Dominican North Coast - bar none. Five star plus treatment all the way in every aspect - ambience,decor, service, food presentation and quality, hospitality. Being here makes you feel like a SOMEBODY! You deserve a treat today.

Room Tip: The Casa Colonila Beach and Spa will satisfy those with the most discriminating tastes and requireme...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Resort_Team, Manager at Casa Colonial Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience at Lucia. We hope you join us again for many more ‘treats’!

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Spectacular! Beautiful! Luxury at its best! Gorgeous rooms, excellent food and service. Divine spa! Fabulous beach!
Highly recommended if you are looking for a place to relax and unwind.
The atmosphere is just captivating.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your recent vacation with us. We do hope to have you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I really have nothing negative to say. But I feel it is a little over priced. the quality is at par with any five start hotel at NY or LA. But it is not in NY or LA. It is in POP. But it is just my opinion. Everything is indeed perfect.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TorontoGuy311
Resort_Team, Manager at Casa Colonial Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

We are truly delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Casa Colonial. We do occasionally run special offers, so we invite you to sign up for our newsletter on our website to be kept informed of any future deals. We do hope to be able to welcome you back to Casa Colonial.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

There just isn't much to say other than they don't miss a thing. The property is beautiful, the rooms are very comfortable, the food is off the chart. Lunch by the pool on the roof is not to be missed. We only had a two night stay before meeting friends at another resort for the rest of the week and wished we would have brought them to Casa Colonial instead. We could not quit talking about Casa. I don't have a lot of experience at high end hotels to compare with but I can't imagine that it can be a better experience than this.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We very much appreciate receiving your glowing review. Thank you! Our team truly appreciates your kind remarks and we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Beautiful place, luxurious rooms, beautiful views, great food and impeccable service. I tried all things Dominican they offered and was not disappointed. I tried their Sancocho for lunch one day, excellent! I had a Dominican breakfast the next morning which consisted of fried eggs, fried white farm cheese, Dominican salami, and mangu (mashed green plantains with pickled red onions) what a great way to start the day. I had a sample goat appetizer and it was so tender and flavorful. I also had something not Dominican, the lobster raviolis. OMG! Thanks Casa Colonial for a great stay. Kim Mitchell

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad one.
2  Thank Kim M

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed the resort as well as our local cuisine. We hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I went to DR for our 4th Year Anniversary. We were so excited since it was our 1st time in DR. We stated at VH Gran Ventana Resort. We wanted to try the spa service and they told us that they have it at the sister hotel (Casa Colonial) around the corner named Bagua Spa. We had a little tour of the site. They claimed being one of the best hotel in DR (5stars) and even Versace was there, so we reserved it for the next day. My husband got the Aromatherapy and I got the Hot stone massage. The therapists were very professional and we were totally relaxed. After the treatment, I came back to the resting area and put my mask on. Few minutes later the receptionist came to the room and rushed me saying that they're closing in 20min. Since I just had put my mask on, I wanted to wait at least 5min more to let it dry, so I said ok. But she was starring at me and waiting for me to move! Oh mine!!
We came out all rushed up to the counter before 4. When we got the bill, we were charged for something called "servicio" (service), so we asked if this was the tip for the therapist. She said it was for all the staff working there. Then we asked: "so is it optional?" She yelled: "No!!"
We were so confused and as we were trying to figure out the situation, she crashed the drawers to the counter making a BIG noise. Finally we asked: "Is this the tax??" Then she goes: "Yes!!", rolling her eyes and looking at us as stupids. She was totally NASTY and RUDE!!!!
Although we were very displeased, we didnt want to make a big deal out of it so we let it go.
After this, we said that we wanted to add the tips to the total. She snatched the receipt from my hand, made another receipt with a new subtotal and leaving the tips in blank.
We had a feeling that the tips won't go to our therapists so we asked if she can give the tips to them now. She yelled at us saying: "No, they will get the tips in 2 weeks!!"
And just closed the counter and kicked us out since she was rushing to be out from there before 4!!
It was the worst customer service ever and the most disrespectful employee we ever met!!!
We came back to our room very displeased and irritated that I ended up having a dispute with my husband that night.
After this incident, our whole perspective of the hotel changed.
This receptionist, Noemi totally ruined our vacation!!! We will NEVER come back to this place just to be treated like a crab!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
18  Thank Yemima L

We are so sorry to hear that even though you enjoyed your spa services, that one employee ruined your experience. We will, of course, discuss this review with the staff to ensure this situation does not happen again. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.