I was quite surprised at how much I loved the hotel and hotel room. It was clean, spacious, and beautiful. The cut out wall next to the bed, which allowed a view of the ample sized tub, was my favorite. (The only thing I was not fond of was the firm bed. I am used to a super plush style.)
We had an ocean view room on the third floor and I spent a lot of time lounging on our balcony looking at the beach and listening to the rolling tide.
The staff was exceptional. Offering a smile, a hello, and a 'may I help you" every time we passed. There were so many of them. Far more than the few guests who were also staying there at the time we were. I'd be surprised if there were 10 rooms full during our stay. (We only saw adults at the hotel. Everyone seeming to prefer their quiet privacy.)
The food was exceptional. We had breakfast downstairs the first day and both the eggs ad the plantain served with it were quite good. The second day, we were not as hungry and ordered a continental breakfast in our room. The fruit plate was ridiculously good! With the bread basket, jams, honey, fresh juice, and coffee, this became our breakfast of choice. We lunched on the pool deck a few times and our favorites were the goat stew and the creole jambalaya. The flan was good, too. But my favorite food was the wonderful high end restaurant downstairs. She had a lobster meal, which was very rich. I had the deer osso bucco, which was superb.
We hired a driver through the hotel and he drove us around one day wherever we requested. We felt safe and attended to at all times. He was friendly and capable and drove us to Puerto Plata town and Sosua beach, which we requested. When the day was over, we asked to go to a local Dominican restaurant, and he took us to EXACTLY what we were hoping for. Our day ended up being about the same price as it would have been for the two of us to take the Puerto Plata city tour, but with much more flexibilty.
We also enjoyed a couples massage and the sauna and a nice double shower at the spa.
All in all, this was a wonderful trip and a classy hotel, I am not sure I would have changed a thing, other than add some cush to the bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exotic north coast of the Dominican Republic and directly on the crystal water, Casa Colonial Beach & Spa is the ultimate, world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, HotelsClick, Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Colonial Beach & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Colonial Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Casa Colonial Beach And Spa
- Hotel Casa Colonial Beach
- Casa Colonial Beach & Spa Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata