My boyfriend and I just spent 3 lovely days at Casa Colonial. The hotel is beautiful - the rooms are very spacious and the staff was generally extremely attentive. Although the beach area is well kept and pretty peaceful, I wouldn't say it's the most amazing beach ever. Every 3 minutes someone comes over to try to sell you something, which can be annoying when you are trying to relax.
Overall our experience was great and we would love to go back. The best part about the hotel for us was the pool on the roof with the four jacuzzi's facing the ocean. It's open all night and was so relaxing that we didn't get out - until about 2am.
One other thing to note - it was practically empty when we were there. Never more then 5 other people in the restaurant or on the beach. I guess that is good or bad depending on what you are looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exotic north coast of the Dominican Republic and directly on the crystal water, Casa Colonial Beach & Spa is the ultimate, world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Colonial Beach & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Colonial Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Casa Colonial Beach And Spa
- Hotel Casa Colonial Beach
- Casa Colonial Beach & Spa Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata