My wife and I just returned from Casa Colonial and felt compelled to write about our magical experience over the past week. From the moment you arrive you are struck by the beautiful and tasteful architecture and appointments, by the kind and welcoming staff and with the lush manicured grounds. The small nature of the resort adds to the feeling of being part of something exclusive and allowed us to develop several friendships with other guests and with the staff. Casa can honestly boast not only one of the best restaurants on the island but one of the best restaurants we have ever experienced. Lucia’s host, Ramón, always met us with a smile and immediately whisked us to a great table where we looked forward to each new course.
We found Israel, the concierge, to be very knowledgeable and very helpful. The bartenders Louis, Luce, Kennedy and Hector are the consummate professionals. From the pristine beach to the beautifully designed infinity pool; every space is designed to inspire relaxation. The spa treatments were fantastic, the gym was surprisingly spacious and well equipped and the romantic beach dinner for two is highly recommended. We can’t say enough good things about every minute we spent at the resort and are looking forward to returning soon.
For the review that I just read that did not find the resort as wonderful as we did I have two recommendations. First if you are traveling to any country where the primary language is not English, learn a few practical words and phrases. Imagine someone from Portugal approaching you in New Jersey and getting upset that you did not fully understand Portuguese. Secondly another American trait that will garner you more attention when you are dying for a drink and sulking that no one is around to get it for you…try tipping a few pesos and see how much more pleasant your stay will be.
Tony & Linda - Oxford, MI
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exotic north coast of the Dominican Republic and directly on the crystal water, Casa Colonial Beach & Spa is the ultimate, world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Colonial Beach & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Colonial Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Casa Colonial Beach And Spa
- Hotel Casa Colonial Beach
- Casa Colonial Beach & Spa Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata