As a regular at Lifestyles there are things you expect: both good and bad.
Rooms - The Presidential Suites are as nice this year as they were the last time I stayed at them two years ago. I was on the ground floor of the first building (nearest the lobby). The room was very clean and the air conditioning worked well. My friends stayed on the top floor of the next to the last building at the bottom of the hill. The air conditioning had a hard time keeping up and, close to the sewer holding tanks at the bottom of the hill, there was always a slight odor of sewage. All in all, the Presidential Suites are some of the nicest accommodations on the Lifestyles property.
Food - The ala carte restaurants are fairly good. Had great meals at Bellini, Trapiche, The Blue Lagoon, Rodizio, Simply Goutmet and Jazz. The only bad ala carte meal was at El Pilon. The food was awful and the wait staff had no sense of customer service at all. If you eat at a buffet, the Pearl is great. Could always find something there for the kids: pizza and pasta. The pasta bar always had a great selection.
Beaches – We stayed mostly on the VIP Member beaches (Serenity, Harmony, NV) and service was better than past experiences. Servers were very attentive at the bars and cabanas. The beach grill foods were good. NV had a great pizza grill, Harmony has the conch fritters and Serenity has the crepes. Love the Elvis crepe. Serenity also has a limited raw oyster bar. Slurping down oysters and chasing them with tequila is a great way to start any morning.
Downside – The hard selling. As usual, the staff is trying hard to sell you on a new membership or to upgrade your current one. They can be relentless. One of the families in our group was supposed to stay in a villa. However, his villa was not ready until Tuesday (we arrived on Sunday). His customer service rep did nothing to help him out other than to put him in a Suite. She would not even give him his golf cart until he moved into the villa. That doesn’t sound too unreasonable until we bumped into two families at Serenity Beach. Both came in on Sunday. Both bought memberships that day and both upgraded to villas that night indicating there was ample stock of villas. Made existing members feel as if they are not valued after the initial sale.
All-in-all…the family and friends will return next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Presidential Suites by Lifestyle are the newest luxury accommodations to be added to the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, setting a standard of lavish comfort with 60 scrumptiously appointed two-bedroom suites, filled with dramatic furniture and stainless steel appliances.All suites are dramatically decorated with dark, rich wood, and stainless steel accoutrements and appliances. The smallest details have been carefully crafted to provide guests with every comfort and luxury available, making the Presidential Suites by Lifestyle a one of the most relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experiences ever.Providing both service and features that are beyond compare, the Presidential Suites offer a unique luxury accommodations experience. As a Lifestyle property, the Presidential Suites provide the easy, relaxed ambience of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting,The Presidential Suites offer a matchless vacation experience for the most discriminating traveler. All suites have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the décor has a distinctive modern design, featuring cherry wood furnishing and stainless steel. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather.On Property amenities include: a large centralized pool with waterfall; Jazz, a French Fusion Restaurant; Bourbon Street bar; three tennis courts; and a full-press lighted basketball court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club Crown Villas Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Crown Residence Hotel
- Hotel Lifestyle Crown Residence
- Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata