“Inside Lifesytles and the Presidential Suites” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort

Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
“Inside Lifesytles and the Presidential Suites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

As a regular at Lifestyles there are things you expect: both good and bad.

Rooms - The Presidential Suites are as nice this year as they were the last time I stayed at them two years ago. I was on the ground floor of the first building (nearest the lobby). The room was very clean and the air conditioning worked well. My friends stayed on the top floor of the next to the last building at the bottom of the hill. The air conditioning had a hard time keeping up and, close to the sewer holding tanks at the bottom of the hill, there was always a slight odor of sewage. All in all, the Presidential Suites are some of the nicest accommodations on the Lifestyles property.

Food - The ala carte restaurants are fairly good. Had great meals at Bellini, Trapiche, The Blue Lagoon, Rodizio, Simply Goutmet and Jazz. The only bad ala carte meal was at El Pilon. The food was awful and the wait staff had no sense of customer service at all. If you eat at a buffet, the Pearl is great. Could always find something there for the kids: pizza and pasta. The pasta bar always had a great selection.

Beaches – We stayed mostly on the VIP Member beaches (Serenity, Harmony, NV) and service was better than past experiences. Servers were very attentive at the bars and cabanas. The beach grill foods were good. NV had a great pizza grill, Harmony has the conch fritters and Serenity has the crepes. Love the Elvis crepe. Serenity also has a limited raw oyster bar. Slurping down oysters and chasing them with tequila is a great way to start any morning.

Downside – The hard selling. As usual, the staff is trying hard to sell you on a new membership or to upgrade your current one. They can be relentless. One of the families in our group was supposed to stay in a villa. However, his villa was not ready until Tuesday (we arrived on Sunday). His customer service rep did nothing to help him out other than to put him in a Suite. She would not even give him his golf cart until he moved into the villa. That doesn’t sound too unreasonable until we bumped into two families at Serenity Beach. Both came in on Sunday. Both bought memberships that day and both upgraded to villas that night indicating there was ample stock of villas. Made existing members feel as if they are not valued after the initial sale.

All-in-all…the family and friends will return next year!

Room Tip: Need a gold VIP membership to access the better amenities: bars, restaurants and beaches. If you...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Edward S
The Management T, Manager at Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, 26 October 2014
Dear Guest

Receive cordial greetings from all the team working at Presidential Suites by Lifestyle.
We greatly appreciate that you have chosen one of our Resort as your holiday destination. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our Hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback as it enables us to continue improving and providing our service for our guests.

Your comments are taken very seriously, hoping to host you again very soon.

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Succasunna, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed in the presidential Suites in Puerto Plata.. we had a two bedroom suite. absolutely gorgeous.. Staff were very nice and went out of their way .. excellent service. The resort itself was very nice...there were three different places to stay in.. the Tropical, which were regular style hotel rooms, Confresi palms which I believe had two rooms and also were located closed to the beach and all activities. Then there was the presidential suites , which were two bedroom suites, but were away from all activities , not to far though, 3 minute. I liked it because I didn't want to hear all the late night noise outside . They also had villas you could rent. it was a mandatory all inclusive for everyone ,except owners. Owners had the option to all inclusive or not. I will say the only thing I did not like was the different badges people had.. (we were never asked if we wanted to upgrade either , not sure if there was a choice, because other people said they didn't have an option to upgrade..) if you had A tan VIP wrist band , you could go to any beach or restaurant. if you had RCI band , you could go into more then others , but not NV or Serenity beach(which also had bars, restaurants on) . Every day we were given an daily event calendar and it stated which restaurants and days RCI, LHVC and other Guests members could go to and when.. but had to have reservation, which were made at the specified front desk and if you missed your reservation , well ,you were out of luck. you had to eat at buffet(Casablanca or Pearl which had a great breakfasts) . we had tired to make another reservation for another night , but were told we couldn't . which , your not missing anything,.. Bellini and Rodizio restaurants were the only really good ones, the others we ate at (Blue Lagoon, trapiche , Azul were not that good at all, but that's just my taste. Other colored wrists bands were not allowed in NV , Serenity or VIP beach or VIP pool and some restaurants, they had to eat at buffets, and only one or two of the other restaurants,, that was what most people complained about.. Not much of night life for younger crowd. restaurants closed at 10pm. Late night snacks were offered but in only a couple places and although stated open from 11pm til 3am , not true, .I didn't care, but my kids did. Vip pool club closed at 12 and some people could not get into ,because of the color band they had .. which is not right.. everyone should be allowed to go into club , that's were all the dancing and music was. we did the city tour , which was nice and tip -top catamaran (tip top.. they have no food on board , serve only lunch, which is brought onto catamaran around noon or 1pm . so bring snacks. if you want them) over all it was a really nice place. food was just ok. Not really what I expected.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GeriM2013
Dear Guest

Thank you to take your time to write and share your detailed review in Tripadvisor.
We try to keep our quality service to give our best and we take all guest feedback very seriously.

Thank you very much again to give us your opinion.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

My wife and I stay at the Presidential Suites for our Honeymoon and let me tell you about it! It was amazing!! the rooms are incredible. We enjoy everything from the Jacuzzi to the balcony. The staff made our day every time we saw them greeting us with a big smile. The food was tasty and many options. Is like 8 different restaurants in the resort, from Brazilian steakhouse (Rodizio) to sushi bar. Our favorite restaurant was Simply Gourmet. It was exquisite. The VIP areas, from the pool and the beaches are incredible, good set up and the service was always quick. On Sunday the resort throws a huge party with the biggest buffet that I have ever seen. Fireworks and music. Is a must go!! We are definitely going back, by our self's or with family but we are going back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Jaime R
The Management T, Manager at Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, 3 October 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your nice comments regarding your stay in our Presidential Suites by Lifestyle. It is a pleasure to know that you had a wonderful time and thank you for been part of our beautiful country.

We are glad you had a nice experience. It is good to know that you took advantage of this place and enjoyed the most of everything

mslibra80
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I just got back from 7 days at the Presidential Suites and I enjoyed my stay. I will say that it is VERY important to do your research on this resort so that you can make informed decisions. The resort is big and their are a lot of ways to book your accommodations and a lot of accommodations to choose from.
I went with a large group and we booked through a shareholder and received gold bands.
The room looks just like the pictures online, we were all very pleased. It was also clean, and I did not encounter any bugs, ants or mosquito problems in the room. There was a musty/mildew like smell, however, a plugin air-freshener solved the problem. The drawers also had a smell but was resolved with fabric softener dryer sheets.
There are plenty of english tv channels which was nice to relax in bed and watch after a long day outside.
The tub was large. My 6'2" hubby and I (5'10") both fit comfortably in the tub together... which is rare.
The beds were comfortable but the hammock outside on the patio was serene. We were on the first floor but due to the hills of the resort, the view from the patio was as if we were on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
The fridge was stocked daily with beer, soda and water. Housekeeping did a great job at keeping things tidy. If you want to tip, do so daily because you may not get the same housekeeper everyday.
The Blues restaurant is right in the presidential suites. We ate there most mornings because it was close and they offered just about everything the other buffets offered. In regards to the food, it was pretty good... not great... but good. I was pleasantly surprised by the food at Casablanca. Many people gave reviews saying their food was horrible but I didnt have that experience. For dinner, we didn't get all the restaurants that were requested... ending up with some reservations for places I knew we wouldnt like, so we ate outside the resort for dinner 3 of the 7 nights. 1 night we had bbq in a villa because one of our group members ended up becoming a member and OMG the food was GOOOOD. A big disappointment for me was the food at the Sunday party. From other reviews I came with the expectation of the food to be good... but it was the worst of my stay. All the food was under a HOT tent and there were long lines for each of the buffet options. It took me about 20min to get a plate with a variety of what the buffet had to offer and I ended up not eating almost everything on my plate.
If you have read a lot of reviews on the resort as I have, then I'm sure you have heard about travelers having stomach issues and blaming it on the food. I dont think its the food at all. Its the drinks that contain milk - pina coladas, daiquiris, miami vices, etc... Even one of these types of drinks is enough to give you a bathroom "issue". I drunk mostly rum and punches and was fine. Its hard to stay away from those milky drinks because they are so tasty.
The resort was too big for me to experience everything in 7 days but I do know that they have something for everyone. There are quiet areas for those that want to relax and busier, more lively areas for those that want action.
Service at the restaurants, beaches and pool were great,.. except for 1 morning at Casablanca as they were real slow bringing our drinks. The staff were friendly... no one snapped or gave us attitude.
In summary, I had a great time. I would definitely recommend the pres suites over other options such as the tropical. The villa our friends upgraded to was brand new and gorgeous, but with myself not being a member, I didn't want to chance booking a villa and ending up with an older and outdated unit. If you do your research, you will make good choices and have a good time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank mslibra80
The Management T, Manager at Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Presidential Suites by Lifestyle as the hotel to enjoy your vacation and we also thank you for writing this comment about your experience here at our resort.
We are very happy to read that you had a great vacation and that you would recommend us to your friends.
Hope to have you back with us very soon.

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I recently went to Presidential Suites with 5 of my friends (6 of us total) for my bachelor's party. I was excited to get to the resort because the website looked awesome and the VIP perks seemed really nice. Unfortunately this was NOT the case.

Dinner reservations/ VIP Perks: We arrived around 2:40 pm on Saturday for a 3 PM check -in. We were planning on staying for 3 nights. After checking in to the hotel, the front desk directed us to the VIP desk to make dinner reservations and to choose our 1 bottle of liquor per guest (bottom shelf Brugal variations = instant hangover). When we spoke to the representative she told us that all the dinner reservations for Saturday where already filled; there was dinner provided at the VIP reception party on Sunday night, but it had been canceled due to rain (it never rained on Sunday) so we would have to go to a buffet; and the only reservation available was for the Steak & Seafood restaurant at 8:30 pm on Monday. We reluctantly made our reservation for 8:30 on Monday night, disappointed that as “VIP’s” there were no reservations available at restaurants even if we checked in before your scheduled time. As the weekend went on, we eventually called the desk to check on another mater (the broken AC) on Monday only to find out that our reservation had been canceled and rescheduled for Jazz (New Orleans Cuisine) without any notification to any of the 6 people in our party. When we arrived at our reservation at Jazz things got even worst. The hostess told us that we would not be seated because some of the members of the party were wearing shorts (in 90 degree tropical weather). I immediately ask to speak to the manager, but he declined to allow us to be seated indoors. He then proceeded to tell us that they could prepare a place outside for us to sit and have dinner (like second class citizens). At this point we are all starving so we agreed to sit outside and have our meal while swatting mosquitoes.

"Presidential" Suite: Our next adventure had to do with our room. We deiced to stay in the upgraded presidential suite instead of the standard room due to it being a special occasion. When we arrived to the room we were thrilled. The bedrooms and living rooms where spacious, and the bathroom and kitchen were very clean. But after further inspection, this was NOT the case. The shower in the master bedroom did not have any hot water all weekend, and one of the other bathrooms toilets and emitting a faint "sewer gas smell". To make matters worst, our AC broke down on day 1 of 4-day trip (90+ degrees inside the suite for 3 days). After several calls and visits to the front desk to complain about the lack of AC we only received the same "We are working on it” response. When I got to my breaking point I approached the night manager JESUS MARIA to ask him when the AC would be fixed and I immediately got the WORST ATTITUDE AND CONDESCENDING tone I have ever experienced while on vacation. At one point during the conversations he literally threw his hands up and lunged at me yelling, "We are working on it!!!” I have never been so disappointed by a lack of customer service and I let him know that I would be contacting his supervisor and corporate office to voice my displeasure.

Overall, my recommendation to all travelers would be to STEER CLEAR OF PRESIDENTIAL SUITES. Though your first impression of the facility will blow you away, you will quickly realize how little your money is appreciated there once you experience their inadequate accommodations, rude/condescending management, and poor customer service.

Room Tip: Inspect your room to make sure AC is operational, hot water is functional and bathrooms are not emit...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank SportsPT1
Dear Guest

Thank you for having chosen our Presidential Suites by Lifestyle to spend your holidays. We appreciate you took the time to express your experience. We are deeply sorry that your experience was not as good as you expected and that you were not completely satisfied with our service.

We wish to assure you that we take any comments as a constructive criticism. Our management will take note of your comments to evaluate how we can improve. We thank you again for your comments and for having been part of our hotel , we wish to restore your confidence in our product and hope to see you in the future.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

First thing first we are time share owners and exchanged into Lifestyles through Interval international.158 dollars for the week. and 40 dollars a person per day (5 In my party so we paid 1400 for the all inclusive NOT BAD compared to other A.I. we have stayed at) with that said we had a two bedroom at the Presidential Suites VERY NICE!! 1 room with a king 2nd room with two queens and a murphy bed in the living room fully equipped kitchen(didn't use) all three areas had there own mini fridge stocked with water, soda and beer
Everyday whether we wanted it or not the room was cleaned and the fridges were restocked. GREAT house keeping!! The resort is HUGE there are like 6 or 7 resorts on the Lifestyles Holiday property so just know walking around to everything although not impossible will tire you out shuttles are greatly appreciated and utilized.
Food: the ala cart restaurants are only for dinner. Breakfast and lunch are either at your beach or at the buffets we tried all that we available and on our next to last day we found the diamond in the rough The Pearl!! go there you will love it....It is on a different level from Casablanca(HORRIBLE) and The Blues(good but not great).the best restaurant we liked was the Dominican. We ate at at every one we could an they all were just average food I cant explain it the food just didn't have a lot of flavor and the quality was not there. but for 200 a day I couldn't feed my family in the states for that much.
Medications: DO take tums, you will get the domican squirts, sun block a necessity!!
We went to the VIP beach and the Cofresi Beach we really liked Cofresi because the cabana beds aren't on top of each other as they are at VIP. as well there is a pool if you don't want to get in the ocean water. Drinks were great regardless of where we ordered.
Service was hot and cold some people were excellent and others were horrible.
You will pay 10 a person at the airport to get a "Tourist Card" to get into the country RIP OFF and you will pay it cash only. we did not have to pay to get out as I read in other reviews.
souvenir's on the beach are great price and don't be afraid of haggling and one thing that I found works is put the cash in the their hands they don't like giving it back and I would say that 90% of the stuff we bought we paid half of the asking price.
The excursions through the resort are expensive but we haggles there too tell them you know you can take a taxi too the excursion spot and get it for a fraction of their price and they will drop there price the excursion we did was 90 a person for a total of 450 for five of us and we got them down to 240.
Bring lots of cash no one likes to take credit cards and according to the people most don't have CC machines. take American dollars the Dominican Peso is horrible 1 usd = 43 DRP so remember it may only be a dollar to you but its a lot more to them.
wrapping this up by saying the resort is beautiful. very large(we didn't care for this) the food is average at best(Mexican restaurant had no guacamole) if you go to the Sunday VIP party go at least 45 minutes early or you will get NO seafood of anykind and once it is gone they do not replenish it.
Entertainment is decent but if you have young kids be wear their idea of "Family Friendly" shows is vegas style shows with women in thongs im not a prude but I don't want my kids seeing that at 10....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ktfitness
The Management T, Manager at Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for having chosen Presidential Suites by Lifestyle to spend your holidays. We appreciate you took the time to express your experience. We are deeply sorry that your experience was not as good as you expected and that you were not completely satisfied with our service.

we take any comments as a constructive criticism. Our management will take note of your comments to evaluate how we can improve. We thank you again for your comments and for having been part of us, we wish to restore your confidence in our product and hope to see you in the future.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Presidential Suites as VIP guests and that is the way to go! The room was more than we needed -- it was ultimately two hotel rooms as one! We were fortunate to travel as guests of a shareholder, so we had transportation to/from the airport and resort. Upon arrival we encountered a brief hiccup, but the men checking us in was oh-so fabulous! Being there as a VIP guest we had to immediately made dinner reservations for the week. We lucked out and only had to eat at a buffet once, thank goodness! The buffet's are absolutely horrible and I feel terrible for those who pay so much money and have to eat that garbage. We ate at Casa Blanca and the best food there was the corn dogs and the bread bar. Overall service on the resort was top notch. Be prepared to get stopped and hauled off to a sales pitch to buy in as a shareholder. If you're VIP definitely check out the VIP pool and the little bar that's along the side. Have Raul be your server, he's the best! Our favorite beaches were Serenity Beach and the VIP Beach. The shows and parties are over the top entertaining so do not miss out on those!

My only complaint would be in the evening our room smelled like smoke. So, evidently the suites are not smoke free. Also, towards the end of our stay we noticed the hot water never got hot. We literally had to jump into the shower, clean, and jump out. Not sure what happened there...

I encourage those who are thinking about going to pay the extra to be a VIP (gold bracelet) or go as a regular guest and pay for the upgrade. The gold bracelet will allow you access into so many more places than the blue bracelet will.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LoveTryingNewThings
Dear Guest

Thank you for having chosen Presidential Suites by Lifestyle to spend your holidays. We appreciate you took the time to express your experience in this review. We are deeply sorry that your experience was not as good as you had expected and that you were not completely satisfied with our service.
We wish to assure you that we take any comments as a constructive criticism. Our management will take note of your comments to evaluate how we can improve our services.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Plata
VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort
#3 of 41 in Puerto Plata
4.0 of 5 bubbles 5,228 reviews
Sunscape Puerto Plata Dominican Republic

Been to Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!