“AMAZING” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Damajaqua Cascades (27 Waterfalls)

Damajaqua Cascades (27 Waterfalls)
Book In Advance
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

it was a long 15 dominican minute hike (2 hrs up and 1.5hr down) but every minute was soooo worth it. Our group was one of only a few who did the 27 waterfalls. There was an option to do 7 and 12 with other activities but we opted out. Our tour guides Bernie and Ari were amazing. They were friendly, funny and informative. They made a hard hike fun and intimate. It was an experience that not many get to experience and getting the opportunity to free jump 30 meters off a cliff into water was something we didn't think we were going to do but it was fun.

Wearing water shoes is a good thing to do. No hats or sunglasses were allowed which was a good idea because we probably would have lost them. Make sure you sunblock beforehand!

Visited May 2014

53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Our tour Camel Safari was comprised of village visit, tasting coffee and chocolate, cock fightings and finally we went to the waterfalls. Expect 30 minutes climbing after that you get to the level 12 of waterfalls. The way consists of stone slizes, jumps and walking and swimming in the fresh water. Our guides were careful ready to help and explain to anybody how to get down. Our way down was recorded by one of our guides and finally I decided to buy CD and it was great to see our performance! I would recommend this trip to everybody who likes fun and likes water.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank DoctorCube
Avon Lake, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“great place for kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hike was enjoyable and jumping down the cliffs and sliding on the rock ledges was a lot of fun. My teenagers had a ball and made fun of us old folks as they put it. great time

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Lisa O
Washington DC, District of Columbia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great experience…be careful of tour organizers and guides”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

The waterfall experience was thrilling! the guides (assigned by the park) knew what they were doing and did not rush anyone. My complaint is with the tour organizer representative. I got there on a Fri and the representative named Loiri/Loiris from Amstar tells me that I can only do 12 falls and the tour was only available for three days in a week. What he conveniently forgot to mention was that their company only offers that WhenI came back and complained about it , other reps told me that I experienced the best and the rest would have been more hiking, well , thats exactly what I wanted to do. After paying a hefty price of $70 for the tour (if you buy it at the place its only $12 for all 27 waterfalls) I did not even get the full experience.
Now to the Tour guide named Marino (I'm not sure if this was his real name) was SO obnoxious with women, He constantly gave them hugs and kissed their arm…even when you pushed him away. Considering he is in the hospitality business you would think he would know better. After the tour he then takes people to a mini fundraiser outside a school and a so called factory where he had an arrangement. I just felt I was there to help his personal business.
My recommendation to anyone is to not believe what these reps tell you at the resort and look around for options. A lot of people bought excursions on the beach and I did not hear anyone who got stood up. Good luck! the trip is definitely worth it.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank SK k
Abington, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

worth it! If i could do this every day, i would. We only did the 7 waterfalls but they were amazing. JUMP off the last one. It is so worth it

Visited April 2014