“Sweet Sweet !!!”
Review of 27 Charcos

27 Charcos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Did this tour with Runners Adventures. I love rivers ...more than I love the beach so this was freaking awesome!!!. Had to rent plastic shoes at the site for $2. While not cute they protected my feet very well..sneaker water shoes are more appropriate foot wear. Well the 40 minute hike up the mountain side was a work out for me..I was huffing and puffing the whole way but in the end it was totally worth it. I did 12 of the 27 falls I don't think I could handle the hike further up the mountain to so 27. It was an amazing experience I jumpped the first fall but slid for the rest. The water was clear and cold..They offered the pics for $40 but you could bring your own water proof camera. They also held on to my prescription glasses for all the jumps and slides. I had an awesome time!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,887)
All reviews
"iguana mama"
in 50 reviews
"long hike"
in 43 reviews
"helmets and life jackets"
in 23 reviews
in 22 reviews
"afraid of heights"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I'm writing this review about 15 years late! my experience here was so memorable - it was fun, exciting, adventurous. It can be a difficult climb though, even two of our group (young 20s but out of shape) were unable to join us. its too bad they missed out. chance of a lifetime to slide down these waterfalls!

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

A must see. I rented a motorcycle to get there. Only 45 min from Puerto Plata. You can rent a safe for your valuables. Guides know the place very well. Very safe and clean.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

This is not for lazy, elderly, or injured. The hike is about 35 minutes there and back. Lots of uphill, downhill, and steep stairs. I'm in my late 20s and fit, and was out of breath. This place is incredible. Not only because it is beautiful, it was so much fun. If coming from a cruise I recommend hiring a private taxi to get there, it's a 20 minute drive from amber cove port. There's different levels of waterfalls (1 hour you see 9, 2 1/2 hours you see 12, and 4 1/2 you see 20 something) we chose the 2 1/2 hours to insure plenty of time to get back to the boat. We were only with one other couple because we showed up privately. All the cruise people were in two extremely large groups of 25 plus people. I'm so happy we chose this, although I was terrified to jump down some of those very high ledges, it was so worth it!!!

1  Thank cecilia p