“Full day ride”

Rancho Lorilar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 21 April 2014

On April 7th my husband treated me to the full day ride seeing that I own my own horse. Only the 2 of us and 2 guides (Roberto and Alex). What an amazing way to see the country; do it just for the relaxation and enjoyment of the animals. Crazy Alex is a real horseman and took care of my husband while I rode ahead with Roberto. I can honesly say that I have not galloped like this for so many years through the country with such well behaved and conditioned horses; it truly was incredible. Cantering through the villages on the mountain and through rivers and streams was a once in a lifetime cherished memories.
Stopping for a swim and then off again only to stop at a house in the mountains to be served an excellent Dominican meal was amazing. Not only is this the best way to see the country and explore but you truly do see the friendly and accomodating generosity of these people.

All that I can say is do it; I will next time that I am in Dominican and it truly cannot be soon enough....

Thanks for the wonderful experience to all the staff at Rancho Lorilar...you all are amazing!!!!

1  Thank Nancy N

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I did the full day ride. It was only the two of us, plus two guides. Horses were well behaved and we enjoyed the tour. My only advise is for the ladies to wear a good tight sports bra, cuz it was rough on the breasts!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I spent two weeks in Puerto Plata and rode at Rancho Lorilar 7 times. Each ride was fantastic and different depending on who was on the ride that day. I rode a couple horses that I hadn't ridden before and each one of them was better than the one before!! I would take each and everyone back to the States if I could afford to.
The Ranch's website is not working right now, but you can get information on there Facebook page. Just search for Rancho Lorilar for details, and you can contact them directly at lorilar@gmail.com or call (809) 320-0498
You get a better rate booking directly with the Ranch and options for a morning or afternoon half day ride or the full day which includes a fantastic lunch at a restaurant on the Mountain and swimming in the river if you want which feels great if you are hot and sweaty.
No experience riding a horse is necessary as they take out virgin riders all the time (young and old) and a great time is had by all. You will think you've been a cowboy or girl for a while by the time you are headed back to the Ranch at a much faster gait then you were going when you left:)

If you don't want to stay in a resort while in POP , Joyce has a studio and a one bedroom apartment which you can rent for a very reasonable price which can be found on airbnb.com

1  Thank perplemule
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Went riding with my husband and brother, first time on a horse i was very frightened, but i could not have been in safer hands. Alex looked after me very well and by the end of the ride i was enjoying myself. Can't wait to go horse riding again. Thank you all very much. The trip and the video were well worth the money.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We revisited Rancho Lorilar this past February and it was just as amazing as our first visit. Our visit included myself, my husband and our two daughters. Again we were paired up with the perfect horse for each of our riding ability--my husband and I ended up with the same horses we had two years ago and, while our daughters rode different horses, the match-up was still perfect.

Joyce was a hoot as always and made us feel very welcome again. She was very impressed that my daughter could remember all the horses we rode two years before! (told you she was a horse girl haha)

Crazy Alex and the gang did another wonderful job of guiding us through the ride. We always feel safe and the views and scenery just cannot be beat!

If you're visiting the Puerto Plata area you MUST made Rancho Lorilar one of your excursions. Thank you Joyce and crew for another wonderful experience. When we're back in Puerto Plata we'll be back for another ride!

PS-don't forget to bring bananas from your resort for the horses after the ride!