We just got back from a very nice week at one of the 3 bedroom villas. The most important advice I could give is that it is definitely worthwhile to pay to get the highest status. We had the gold VIP bands and were able to go to the best beaches and restaurants. We did see some of the other places open to guests without the gold bands, and they were not even close to being as nice. I don’t think going to this resort would be worth it without the gold bands.
The villa we rented was perfect, very well laid out and comfortable. However, the pool was very deep so it was not so good for children. I think each villa has a different type of pool. Our housekeeper/cook was fabulous, and it was a real luxury to wake up to a pot of fresh coffee and have breakfast made for us each am.
There was a lot for kids to do at the resort, including a kid’s pool and kid’s club, so our 2 1/2 year old grandson had an especially wonderful time. The staff at the resort was generally extremely friendly and great with kids. They all seemed genuinely happy to see my grandson and catered to his needs/wants even in the fancier restaurants.
The food at the VIP restaurants was generally very good, and the restaurant staff was fabulous. Three of the VIP restaurants were closed while we were there – a bit disappointing, but the ones that were open were quite nice. We liked Jazz and the Brazilian restaurant best. There was a good selection of lunch foods available at the VIP beaches. The drinks were also very good (the iced coffee is highly recommended.)We liked Serenity Beach the most, but also spent lots of time at Harmony Beach.
The grounds of the resort are huge. Although they are nicely planted, it would be an improvement if there were more places to sit (not just at the beaches/pools). Some garden areas would be nice. Having a golf cart was a huge bonus. At one point during the week, our golf cart was stolen while we were having dinner, Although the staff got it back for us the next day, we needed to rely on the shuttles for a little while. There is no way to walk to things given the size of the grounds, and the shuttles were a problem, especially with a young child. When we did call for a shuttle, it often took 30-45 minutes to arrive.
We had free tickets to Ocean world included in our package. It was cute, but I think it would generally be better for older kids, 8 and up. It wouldn’t have been worth it if we had to pay. There were a lot of things that weren’t included in the admission, including lunch and dolphin/shark encounters (and moderate pressure to buy them), and the swimming opportunities were much worse than we had at the resort. The pools at Ocean World were not especially clean.
We were very disappointed in the lack of decent wifi access throughout the resort. If this is something that is very important to you, you might want to look for accommodations elsewhere. There was no wifi in the villa, and the wifi on the beaches and at the pools was spotty at best - a real surprise in a resort of this caliber.. You can go to the VIP offices in the “Tower”, and the wifi there generally worked, but it wasn’t an especially pleasant place to spend time, especially given how nice the beaches and pool areas were. There was a bar/coffee shop there, but the tables were generally crowded with people getting sales pitches for buying property/shares. It was noisy and certainly not private. Keeping in touch through Skype was very difficult.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown Villas are the ultimate in luxury and exclusivity, as each is a small estate home with sumptuous, private three and four bedrooms that offer guests a unique and exclusive vacation experience. All of these villas are a classical Spanish Mediterranean style architecture, with red tile roofs, stucco plastered archways and distinguished stone columns with generous tropical gardens where hibiscus, bougainvilleas and other magnificent tropical plants abound. All have a private swimming pool, shaded terrace, veranda, kitchen, and a full private bath leading directly off each bedroom. The villas are furnished with rattan, elephant bamboo and a natural Caribbean wattle work and are equipped with air conditioning, overhead fans, and cable television. The Crown Villas are part of the all-inclusive Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort and guests have access to all the facilities of the Resort (excluding the V.I.P areas). A personal maid and an exclusive menu in each of the seven Resort restaurants complete these perfect accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Crown Villas Hotel Puerto Plata
- The Crown Villas At Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata