We returned 2 weeks ago, vowing never to back to this place. We were never told about a " sales presentation" being part of our weeks vacation and were greatly offended when Alfredo wouldn't stop following us everywhere we went, especially coming and going for braekfast, until I agreed after 3 days, to take his "tour" to see the whole resort. Alfredo turned us over to his "brother in law", who did his sales pitch on us.
After an hour of seeing where we could'nt go in the compound and repeatedly telling him that we're not buying, he took us to a shuttle stop to get back to our area of the resort.
For 4 days, we couldn't get both the hot water and cold water to work at the same time- either no hot water, or scalding hot water from both the hot water and cold water faucets in the bathrooms and showers.
There were never enough chaise lounges at any of the pools or beaches. The food was ok at best. The hotel staff and dining staff at all the restaurants were mostly attentive, except when trying to get a second glass of wine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A classical Mediterranean style Villa, with red tile roof, archways and stone columns with a magnificent tropical garden. The Villa offers a private swimming pool, a superb location, shaded terrace, veranda, kitchen, and a full private bath leading directly off each bedroom. Also included is a maid and a golf-cart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Crown Villas Hotel Puerto Plata
- The Crown Villas At Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata