We traded our timeshare in Maui for a week here with extended family...eight in all. Check in was effortless...we were handed sangria and greeted by a lovely woman who works for RCI named Andrea. We were promptly brought to our villa...upgraded from a 3 br to a 4br with 4 baths. The place was very. very nice...villa 45...secluded backyard, clean and well stocked. I did see a couple bugs and critters, but nothing horrible. I attributed this to our surroundings, not uncleanliness. All rooms had seperate thermostats and A/C. The villa was great except there wasn't enough living room furniture for 8 people and it was very uncomfortable furniture.
Onto the food....hmmmmmmm...this is where my review gets the mixed feelings. Because we booked through RCI and not a member, which was cheaper, we paid a pretty penny for the all-inclusive. We are not food snobs, and I realize all-inclusives do not have the best caliber of food...but some of what we were served left us speechless. Andrea made our reservations for the whole week, so getting into the restuarants was no problem (thank you Andrea) but one place gave you great food, another horrible...what's up with that? We didn't starve, but for the price we paid, I would have liked better food. The maid who cooked our breakfast in the morning did her best with what she had....some of the meats and cheeses??????????? eww. The food at the VIP beach and pool was ok...not WOW!
The weather for the week..Jan. 9-16 was horrible...and then there was the earthquake, which we felt...all that I cannot hold the resort responsible, but it put a huge damper on our vacation. I felt there was nothing to do if the sun didn't shine...my husbands fishing trip was canceled three times. Puerto Plata is not the type of city to explore yourself, especially if you do not speak Spanish. I felt a little trapped.
The resort is clean, pretty, lovely employees, all friendly and eager to please. I went on the presentation to buy into the resort.....nice idea....if I were rich. It's not a timeshare, it works very different and even if I had the money, Puerto Plata would not be my choice. All in all, it's not a bad place, I wish the food was better and there was more to do inside the resort and out. If food and activities aren't on your wish list, this is the place to go.
A little side note....there were a lot of stray cats and dogs. We are animal lovers and enjoyed their company...they would come by and hang for awhile, then take off...if you do not like animals or are allergic....please be kind and shoo them away...they have no real home and are helpless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown Villas are the ultimate in luxury and exclusivity, as each is a small estate home with sumptuous, private three and four bedrooms that offer guests a unique and exclusive vacation experience. All of these villas are a classical Spanish Mediterranean style architecture, with red tile roofs, stucco plastered archways and distinguished stone columns with generous tropical gardens where hibiscus, bougainvilleas and other magnificent tropical plants abound. All have a private swimming pool, shaded terrace, veranda, kitchen, and a full private bath leading directly off each bedroom. The villas are furnished with rattan, elephant bamboo and a natural Caribbean wattle work and are equipped with air conditioning, overhead fans, and cable television. The Crown Villas are part of the all-inclusive Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort and guests have access to all the facilities of the Resort (excluding the V.I.P areas). A personal maid and an exclusive menu in each of the seven Resort restaurants complete these perfect accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Crown Villas Hotel Puerto Plata
- The Crown Villas At Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata