I bought my ownership in this resort in February 2008. I have traveled Mexico, Jamaica, and Aruba and stayed at four and five star resorts there. The Domincan Republic is the most beautiful place on earth. Cofresi beach is a brown sand beach but the view of the mountains and calm waters are very nice. I have been to Punta Cana and can say the beaches there are white sand and clear blue water with many palm trees on the beach. Another nice area to visit.
This resort sets itself apart from others because of the villa experience. When staying in other resorts you usually are in a multi level building with tons of people around. The villas are very private. The beautiful landscaping,and pool are exceptional. The breakfast made daily in your villa is so relaxing and enjoyable, eating by our own private pool. Where else can you stay in a house in a resort!
The vip Beach is another area that is excptional. The beds on the beach are so relaxing, the cold whirlpools are a great place to cool off and have a beverage, while overlooking the ocean. The beach is very private since it is an inlet so you don't see a bunch of high rises up and down the beach like you do in Mexico and Aruba.
The vip pool is nice as well with the beds and sand around the pool. It is very relaxing there as well. They keep the linens on the beach beds very clean . I am a neat freak!
The restaurants are good, not exceptional but they continue make improvements every time we visit. We are returning to the resort Feb 4th this year and I have been in contact with my rep. She said upon arrival at the resort we can book our restaurants for the week now. This should eliminate the calling daily to get restaurant reservations. They also have a new restaurant open called Azul, another gourmet restaurant in the new vip services building.
They also have purchased the presidential suits from Sun Village next door. They are a little more pricey but they are larger and more contemporary. There is supposed to be another restaurant in that section as well. Also, they are breaking ground on the peninsula to add more suites and villas which will be ocean front.
All in all, I am happy to be an owner in such a unique, progressive resort. It only keeps getting better. If anyone would like to contact me for more information I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown Villas are the ultimate in luxury and exclusivity, as each is a small estate home with sumptuous, private three and four bedrooms that offer guests a unique and exclusive vacation experience. All of these villas are a classical Spanish Mediterranean style architecture, with red tile roofs, stucco plastered archways and distinguished stone columns with generous tropical gardens where hibiscus, bougainvilleas and other magnificent tropical plants abound. All have a private swimming pool, shaded terrace, veranda, kitchen, and a full private bath leading directly off each bedroom. The villas are furnished with rattan, elephant bamboo and a natural Caribbean wattle work and are equipped with air conditioning, overhead fans, and cable television. The Crown Villas are part of the all-inclusive Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort and guests have access to all the facilities of the Resort (excluding the V.I.P areas). A personal maid and an exclusive menu in each of the seven Resort restaurants complete these perfect accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your The Crown Villas at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Crown Villas Hotel Puerto Plata
- The Crown Villas At Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Dominican Republic/Puerto Plata