“Nice people, overpriced course”

Los Mangos Golf and Beach Club
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A unique 9 holes Golf Course for the family with kids and singles. Located in Costambar just 10 minutes drive from Puerto Plata. With elevated greens, this course can be tricky for any golfer. Short par 4, but the par 3 can be a test for anyone.
slc, ut
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Nice people, overpriced course”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We walked over on a rainy day thinking maybe we could squeeze in 9 holes between showers. The price was $60 without a cart which I thought was overpriced for an attractive but not particularly well-maintained 9-hole course. We elected not to play. On the plus side, we had some nice cocktails which were quite tasty while we waited for the rain to stop. :)

Visited July 2013

Manassas Park
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Not worth it at any price”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

The course looked as if it was carved out of the first open pasture they could find. Wasn't told it was only a 9 hole course. Four of the holes are par 3. Greens and tee boxes were rough. Fairways were nearly indistinguishable from the rough. The cart broke down on hole 5 and they had to bring out a new one. The rental clubs looked like they were picked up at a garage sale from about 5 years ago. I shared a sand wedge with my party and my driver had dents in it. If you really want to go golfing then pay the extra money and go to Playa Dorado

Visited March 2013
3 Thank purpletide
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Average Course, Nice workers”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

The course itself was average. I did not bring my own clubs or balls/tees. I thought the price of the balls and tees was a bit high, along with renting a set of clubs, but it is cheaper than checking my personal clubs at the airport.

I recommend asking for Alfredo if you choose to get a caddy over a cart. He is very nice and knows the greens very well. He will also take you to a rooster fight if you ask him about it!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Paul S
Cabrera, Maria Trinidad Sanchez, Dominican Republic
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Where not to go”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

You go, you decide. It left lot to be desired. A whole lot!
There was nobody at the "clubhouse". A couple of kids said they would be our caddys. I asked one to show me my driver . He pointed to my buddy! Nuff said!

Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great massage”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Get a terrific message at a reasonable price in a very nice setting. They have a variety of other services like pedicure and such but can only speak for a professional relaxing message which is great.

Visited January 2013