After hearing about the Famous Teeth of the Dog for many years I finally got the opportunity to play this January (2012), and it was entirely worth the wait. The holes along the Ocean are jaw dropping good, and the course was in great condition for all 7 rounds i played there. The Dye Fore track also had some stunning views but i would avoid the new 9 for now if possible. Many thanks to Gilles Gagnon for putting on a 1st class Pro-am that I won't forget anytime soon.
The resort itself was definitely 5 star all the way, having your own golf cart to motor around the property was insanely fun, but definitely required as the property is bigger than anything you've ever been to. The food was excellent, and the service was even better. The only thing I felt was missing from this property when I left was me :)-
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the most exclusive resort destination in the Caribbean—Casa de Campo Resort and Villas—a stunning 7,000-acre hotel, resort, and residential community in La Romana on the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic. Our tropical playground features a unique array of amenities, including an expansive marina, tennis courts, and polo facilities. Casa de Campo is also one of the most sought-after Dominican Republic golf resorts featuring three championship golf courses — including Pete Dye’s masterpiece, Teeth of the Dog, the #1 ranked course in the Caribbean and number 39 in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Casa de Campo Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Campo Hotel La Romana
- Casa De Campo Dominican Republic
- Casa Del Campo Dominican Republic