So my wife and my 4 yr old and I stayed here from thursday to Monday. My travel agent wasn't very helpful seeing as All of May and 1st week of June are Rain season in DR. Not all day but enough. The meal plan is necessary because this is not a regular resort, meaning not BAVARO beach--- this is a more quiet rich people resort atmosphere. So every time we ate we had to sign a bill even though meal plan is paid!.. Golf carts are necessary seeing as this place is enormous. Fun but kind of scary driving on main roads with cars and buses. The beach is perfect but 10 minutes from hotel room by golf cart. And marina is great as well but another 10 minutes from beach. The room is not up to our standards and certainly not worth the $587 per night- minibar not included and crap coffee. 80's decor( mahogany)
And a view of a lawn no less! Horrible.......NO HOT TUB.......
La Caña restaurant had the better food on the grounds. Only one place to eat breakfast Lago grill- gross food. My wife is glutenFree, don't be gluten free when you come here, they don't know what that is. If you don't get meal plan, you will go broke! No exaggeration!
Next is Alto De Chavon- i was seriously impressed until i realized it was built in the 80's and not the 15th century. what a waste of my time- such a tourist gimmick.
I am a 10 handicap and play golf everywhere- the links course is now one of my all time favorites, if you can stand hurricane force winds and greens rolling at 14! The teeth of the DOG was too expensive. The golf courses here are absolutely pristine! Caddie sucked though and only required on the DOG so don't waste more money.
The pool could've been cleaner, the kiddie pool was gross. You need to show a room card for towels and when you eat or drink! Also, the shuttle doesn't go to the beach so when i was done golfing i couldn't get there because my wife had the cart at the beach already. No shops on grounds worth perusing.
Beautiful grounds but most of DR is- so do yourselves a favor and stay at Barcelo Beach in punta cana. You will thank me! Ciao
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the most exclusive resort destination in the Caribbean—Casa de Campo Resort and Villas—a stunning 7,000-acre hotel, resort, and residential community in La Romana on the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic. Our tropical playground features a unique array of amenities, including an expansive marina, tennis courts, and polo facilities. Casa de Campo is also one of the most sought-after Dominican Republic golf resorts featuring three championship golf courses — including Pete Dye’s masterpiece, Teeth of the Dog, the #1 ranked course in the Caribbean and number 39 in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Casa de Campo Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Campo Hotel La Romana
- Casa De Campo Dominican Republic
- Casa Del Campo Dominican Republic