“Great for all cigar lovers”

Cigar Country Tours
Ranked #10 of 19 Tours in La Romana
More attraction details
Owner description: Come visit the most amazing boutique hand-made cigar factory in the world. Here you will see the proud handwork of the cigar industry's most experienced craftsmen and women, all under the watchful eyes of cigar legend Master Blender Jose Seijas • Tours are offered daily 8AM-6:30PM
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Great for all cigar lovers”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

nothing else to do in the area except cigar tour. The tour was great and very informative about the cigar business and manufacturing process in Republic of Domincana

Visited June 2014

• Czech first
Madison, WI
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Interesting but not worth the time expense”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

this tour is combined with a river boat tour and a trip to see some old resort built on the interior of the island - alta something. But the problem is out of a whole day event, promoted as a cigar factor tour, you only spend about 40 min at the cigar factory. And most of that while you wait for your comanions to shop in the gift store. Interesting, but not really worth the expense of a whole day. Spend your time elsewhere.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank fouradventure
San Diego, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Consider This Carefully.”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I originally wanted to come specifically to this tour as the website made it look grand. In actuality this is a small house in the parking lot of a strip mall.

We stayed in Punta Cana and this was an hour and half by car.

We were discouraged against just taking this trip so we ended up renting a MINI Cooper and took a day trip with is being one of the stops.

The tour is fast and they hurry you along. You can watch the employees performing the various steps in making a cigar. It's not a tour at all rather an exhibit. Much like something you would see in a musuem where they give you the short version so you get the gist of it all.

The crowning glory is "Factory Prices" of Romeo y Julieta, Montecristo, H. Upmann, Dunhill, and La Flor Dominican among others.

TWICE THE PRICE OF WHAT YOU CAN BUY THEM FOR IN THE UNITED STATES.

I bought a 5 pack of LFD Tubo Maduro ORO $100. Out of curiosity I checked my online company I buy my smokes from and the same 5 pack was $57. Ouch.

Am I glad i went. Yes. Would I go again? No.

Another couple we met at the hotel did a different tour and ended up at a smaller place they were given cigars for free. As he put it "this lady seemed so happy we were there I just gave her money."

The guy giving our tour didn't even smile.

Next time I will find someone rolling smokes on the street and give them a $50 tip because they probably need it more than these folks.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank michaelbB2323XR
Newberg, Oregon
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Short informative tour”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We were looking for something to do that didn't take all day. Mostly an easy drive from Juan Dolio, we did take a couple of wrong turns. I did email the day before and received a reply which was helpful. Leaned a little about making cigars, tour was informative.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank trwag260
Lisle, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Short but interesting tour”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The tour itself was very good with a very nice and informative staff but don't expect to go to a factory with 1k employees and large fields of tobacco growing. This shop is located in a mostly empty strip mall 15 minutes away from Dreams La Romana.

Visited March 2014