“Great Diving Experience”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Great Diving Experience”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Dove 3 days, 6 dives with Gri-Gri Divers and had a blast. Ricardo was my Dive Master all 3 days and could not of been more pleased with him. The dive shop is located just down from Dreams La Romana so very convent for me. And all the better dive sites on the La Romana side of the island so even better. They have a couple of small boats which I really didn't care for much mainly due to everything on the boat is soaking wet and the driver also had to let the plug out of the boat and speed up every now and then to let some of the water out of the boat. But the crew made the best out of it and made for a fun ride. They have a larger boat which we dove off of when we dove around Catalina Island a park reserve. And another time when we picked up some divers from another hotel. Liked this one a lot better a lot more room and a lot more comfortable ride. The diving was great a lot of marine life nice corals Ricardo went out of his way to point out everything he could find. In all had a great time diving with them and would do again if given the chance. The only thing I would complain about is no fresh water containers to soak camera or clean masks. But request Ricardo when you go and please tip well the cost of dive 2 tank is $110 US.

Visited April 2014

Bergen County, NJ
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Catalina Island snorkel trip”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Catalina Island. The boat crew were excellent. The gentleman that booked the trip, the man that provided the equipment, and the boat's crew were all professional and provided a fun afternoon of snorkeling for us. Thanks!

Visited April 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Highlight from our trip!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We went to Dreams La Romana specifically because we wanted to be able to snorkel right off the beach. Snorkeling is something we enjoy, but my husband has gotten sick before taking boating excursions to a snorkeling site; so we thought the snorkel-from-shore option would be best. We did see some cool things right off the beach in La Romana; however, the water wasn't all that clear on the two days we went out, and there weren't a ton of fish. (There were certainly a lot more when we broke up little pieces of banana to feed them -- great tip from some prior visitors there.) At any rate, we decided to try a "half-day" (9 a.m. - 2 p.m.) excursion to Catalina Island with GriGri because we'd heard the snorkeling was better over there as well as off Saona Island. Well, we were sooooooooo glad that we did!!

It was really a highlight of our visit to the Dominican Republic. The staff from GriGri was very fun and good-natured, and Catalina Island was truly spectacular. We stopped on the side of the island near the Catalina Wall and snorkeled there for about 45 minutes. The water was the most amazing, clear blue and there were tons of fish and awesome coral formations. It was some of the best snorkeling I've ever experienced in terms of the number of fish all around us, clarity of the water, etc. After that, they took us to the other side of the island where there is a pristine beach where we got to hang out, relax and snorkel a little more (although we had to stay in a limited area due to boat traffic, and there wasn't nearly as much to see there). The gorgeous beach was absolutely breath-taking ... definitely something out of a postcard.

We certainly would recommend this to anyone staying at Dreams La Romana or other hotels in Bayahibe.

Visited March 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Safety and Awesomeness!!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Iris, Berlin and the staff at Gri Gri Divers were true professionals. They are a tribute to PADI certification. Iris made me feel completely at ease diving with Gri Gri as she demands a very strong focus on safety and dive planning. Although I have been Advanced Open Water Certified for many years, Iris insisted that I complete shallower dives to see my oxygen usage before we proceeded to the excellent St. George's Dive Site.

For those Canadian divers (or anyone for that matter) who want an awesome and safe dive experience in DR - Gri Gri Divers is the way to go.

Steve Eh!

Visited March 2014
Guelph, Canada
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed at Dreams La Romana and used Gri Gri to complete my Open Water certification.
My pre dive nerves were put at ease by my instructor Iris. Her precise, clear instructions and high quality dive skills made for a great experience.
Thank you Iris!