I want to start off by saying that for the money we spent this resort was exceptional, our main disappointment was with the food served, but I realize that we paid half of what we normally pay for a vacation so fully udertand that there would be comprimizes. The intent of my review is not to discourage people from going their but merely to make them realize that this is a 4 star resort and don`t go expecting 5 star food. Other than the food however mostly everthing else was 5 star.
- Very nice beech
- With the resort being so huge, you have a variety of choice of what type of vacation you want to have, the swim up pools offer a quite and almost private environment, the main pool offers a quite but more public venu, the beach speaks for itself and if you want a more vibrant and active area you can go to one of the many other pools located throughout the resort.
- Staff is very friendly, many staff members have limited knowledge of French or English but that is not their issue, afterall we are in a different country.
- Drink selection was excellent
- Rooms are clean and huge, cleaned twice a day
- Facility very well kept and groomed, they could have spent a little more time however cleaning the bottom of the pools, but water was always very clean
- Golf carts for exclusive use of guest is a great touch as the resort is huge, so is the train(s) that go around the resort
- Evening entertainment for more the most part is quite professional, do not miss the circus
- The swin up area offers a quite and enjoyable get away
- Do everything to get a swim up room, definately worth the experience
- Bring with you some large insulated mugs as they will fill these up with what ever you want.
- For the money the food is accceptable, but do not go expecting 5 star level food and service. Also this was our first visit to the Dominican so not sure if food quality is much better at other resorts. Might be like CUBA where sfood selection is very limited.
- Best meal was at the Royal gourmet for Lunch and daily menu actually varied from day to day
- The chateaubriand at the Chanterelle is likley the best meal you will have at the resort
- Unless you have never tasted a lobster from the North Atlantic do not even attempt to eat the lobster served here as you will be disappointed
- Japaness Restaurant provides a great experience and the food is good
- Brazilian Restaurant serves the food like a typical Brazilian Steak house with servers going around the room with meat on scewers. Good experience but meat is so,so
- Steak House served a decent cut of meat, nothing exceptional but good
- Royal Gourmet, stay away from the pork tenderloin, but beef tenderloin was good and lamb chops are OK
- Wine is aweful, buy some of the ``à la carte`` wine as they have many at good value.
- Breakfast was very good with wide variety, but stay with the Royal Gourmet as all other restaurants offer basically the same food fair but are a zoo.
- Other than the Royal Gourmet the food at most other restaurants for lunch was buffet style, wide selection and food was generally good.
Advise for resort
- Might want to offer a more varied selection of wine, even if the wine offered was decent -which in my view was not- anyone would get tired of always drinking the same wine over the week.
- Limit towels to 1 towel per person to stop greedy guest from reserving more than one chair at a time.
- Provide more information in the room about the facility, i.e. restaurants, bar hours, beach facility etc.
- Provide daily news of what is going on at the resort, i.e. evening shows, carribean night, vendor fairs.
- Butler service in my opinion was useless, other than walking us to our room he did nothing, I ended up having to call the front desk twice the second day of our visit to get a working fridge. Also anytime we tried to reserve a restaurant he always came back with the same two time slots, not matter the restaurant 6 or 10.
- Health club could benefit from undated equipment, or at least a few fix ups.
- The Resort has all the essentials to become a 5 Star resort, but not quite there yet. Great value however.
Advise to vacationers
- Make your own reservation the eveing off for restaurants, as you have a gold bracelet they will most often accomodate you within 20-30 minutes, just enough time to enjoy a cocktail before supper.
-Remember that you need $10 each in cash ($US) to get into the country and also $20 (US) cash to leave the country at the airport. There is a bank machine at the airport in case you run out of money but upon arrival you need the money as they collect it immediately upon arrival.
- Brings lots of small bills as a small token of appreciation goes a long way in getting you good service.
- Instead of money bring some goodies for the maid service, they really seemed to appreciate these.
- If you leave a tip on the table it is divided amongst all staff, if you want to tip someone in particular for their service hand them the tip personally as they get to keep these to themselves.
- Get up early and go reserve a spot around the pool, if this is where you want to be, as these spots are normally all taken by 7:30AM
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Turquesa is an exclusive VIP area of 372 luxurious rooms located within the Grand Palladium Resort in Punta Cana. Featuring private facilities and personalised service, the area includes an exclusive restaurant, concierge service and free Internet in the private lobby, air conditioned bar serving premium International beverages, exclusive pool with built-in Jacuzzis and bar service to the sun beds by the pool and at the beach, and much more. For adults only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your TRS Turquesa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Turquesa By Palladium Hotel Punta Cana
- Royal Hotel Punta Cana