“Beautiful beach, great service”

The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium
Ranked #40 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Crossville, Tennessee
“Beautiful beach, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

My daughter and I went to this area in the Caribbean for the first time. We have been on cruises and to Jamaica and I have to say this was the best Beach front resort we have ever stayed at. When we arrived we were giving a nice upgrade to the Royal Suites. Which included free room service. we were also joined by a larger group of 12 friends and also over 70 from the palladium addicts. It is great to travel with the group. From our room off to the distance we could see the ocean and had a direct view of the Royal pool. The rooms is set up a little different with the tub in the room so if you need privacy you needed to take a shower. Though who wants to be sitting in the tub when you could be in the ocean or pools. We did venture over to the swim up area and it was very nice but we were closer to the beach. The food tasted great we went to the buffet mostly but did hit a coupe of the restaurants. Though my stomach did not agree with the food it was all very good. I ordered room service a few times and it was as good as you expect for room service. Maid service was very good almost never seen her the whole trip but our room was tended to twice a day at-least. Mini bar and wine and liqueur available in your room, most for no additional fees. There is always small things about large resorts that need a little updating like the tiles in the pools, and other small things. Everything was spotless and didn't effect any of our trip. One complaint is everything is so far apart. But they do have a train (bigger cart) or carts to take you where ever you would like to go.or it has plenty of food and bars right in the royal section you don't have to leave .I will be back.

Room Tip: Swim ups are nice but farther from the beach. we were in building 50 and it was close to main Royal...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank chassidy75
ltajes, Manager at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear chassidy75,

With all our affection we want to thank you for your commentaries, you help us to increase every day,

Thank you for choosing The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium as your special gateway.

We look forward for your return.

Greetings.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,008)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

We arrived at the Grand Palladium Palace and we were immediately checked in and upgraded to the Royal Suites! We were attending the Fiesta with the Palladium Addicts so they upgraded us to the RS so that all the PA's could be together.
My first impression of the room was that it was beautiful! We were greeted with a platter of fruit and the maid had decorated the tub with flowers and done some towel art which was cute. The room had a King size bed which seemed hard the first night however I ended up loving it as i slept very comfortably in it. After checking out the room we discovered that there are a few things that needed to be fixed however they weren't deal breakers. The one sink didn't drain, but we just used the other sink. The bath took forever to fill and it was a bit chipped and seemed like it had been leaking because there were spots on the tile floor that were stained.The TV was bad. We couldn't really get any channels that had good reception. The cable wires seemed to be damaged. Not a huge problem, just an annoyance. The AC was freezing and ran all night unless we shut it off to warm up the room. The thermostat didn't work. This didn't bother me but certainly not 5 star. Bar fridge was stocked with beer and pop and you write your preferences down for the maid. We left the maid $2.00 every day because she did such a great job! We had lots of clean towels and the sheets were changed daily at our request.
The Butler was mostly always at her station. Our Butler was Provendencia. We didn't ask very much of her. We requested to be moved to a ground floor swim up especially because we were on the 3rd floor and the stairs were difficult for me. We were told that none were available so we just dealt with the stairs however after reading some of the reviews on here I see that if you complain enough you can get a swim out. Also it was obvious that not all the swim outs were taken because the lights were off and we never saw anyone on their porch. I would understand if they really were all booked but they weren't. Our room was very nice but having the luxury of swimming out and being on the main floor would have made my impression of the hotel 10x better.
If I was going to consider this resort again I would request a room by the Royal pool as it was closer to the beach and that is where we spent our time mostly.
The food was pretty good not what you would get at home but as you would expect in a third world country. We ate at the Royal Gourmet the first night and ordered Filet Mignon which was pretty good. The portion was very generous, almost too much meat. The wait staff very friendly and very attentive. I can't complain about any of the waiters. They were all smiling and constantly refilling your glass. I loved getting Champagne whenever I wanted.
The buffet across from the Palace Lobby "Les Torres" was where we went for breakfast every day. There was a lot of variety and a omelette station which is what I had every day.Our favorite waiter was Franklin!!! He always remembered us and what we wanted such as our type of tea to drink. All the wait staff is fantastic.
For lunch we mostly went to "Bohio" on the beach. They had a good variety including Burgers, Fries and Pizza which is what we mostly ate. They also had pasta and ice cream and lots of deserts. Our favorite waitress was a cute girl who we loved called Mefar!! She always came up and hugged us and was always smiling.
La Chantrelle was another favorite. The cheese fondue was very good and we also enjoyed our Chatteau Briand.
Beach Fantastic!!! Nothing bad to say about the beach. It's beautiful turquoise and soft white sand. We loved swimming every day until about 4 pm when we would go to the Royal pool. There was a problem with people reserving chairs however we usually could find a spot. But keep in mind this is slow season. I'm sure if it was peak season there would be nothing to sit on. They should give out a towel card so that guests can only get 1 towel at a time. This would prevent people from saving multiple chairs. If the loungers were taken no problem we would go back to the swim outs as we could get a Bali bed in our section. Even though we didn't have a swim out from our room, we had full use of all the pools surrounding the hotel.
Some of the tiles are missing and some of the beds need to be replaced.The hotel is looking a bit tired.Make sure you take medicine. Especially pepto. Overall we had a fantastic time! I celebrated my 5oth birthday and the maid left a surpised of balloons and champagne! Very nice touch. I would consider going back but I may try other resorts which have 5 star ratings and similar pricing. Visited Sept 27th to Oct 4th.

Room Tip: Get a swim out on the main floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KathyVince
Dear KathyVince,

We want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay at The Royal Suites Turquesa.

Congratulations for your 50th anniversary.

Comments like yours are the best motivation for us; thank you for choosing The Royal Suites Turquesa for you and your relatives and for trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

We will be waiting for your next vacations.

Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We traveled to Royal Suites Turquesa Sept 29-October 6th. This was my 2nd trip to the resort but my husband and daughter first time.

FLIGHTS/AIRPORTS: We had no issues with flight. We were lucky and both flights left on time. One thing I was glad I read on TA was purchasing our tourist cards ahead of time on line. I did this for the first time and will do so if we ever return to Punta Cana. It saved us about 15-20 minutes or so… 15-20 minutes may not seem like a lot of time but when you’re ready to start your vacation it is. We also had a porter help with our luggage so we got to bypass the screening of the luggage. I would say from the time we landed and out of the airport was only about 20 minutes and most of that time was on a bus riding into the airport.

ROOM: We arrived at the resort and our room was ready for us. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a swim-up suite. We were in bldg. 55. We LOVED our room and location. Our room faced the bar area. The swim-ups are wonderful all though the non-swim ups (older section) puts you closer to the beach. We had 2 adults in our room and had no issue with space. Our daughter slept on the pull out couch and for a pull out it was not too bad to sleep on.

BEACH: This has to be one of the best beaches I have seen! To be honest our favorite resort is Palladium in RM Mexico but this beach is so much better…. You can walk forever on the beach. We spent every day on the beach… we would go back to our swim-up in the late afternoons. We had the afternoon sun so it made it perfect. There are vendors walking up and down trying to sale this and that. A no gracious usually did the trick; we actually had a good time talking with some of them. I still miss that beach!!

RESORT: what we love about this resort is the openness of the resort. I like the fact there are no bridges or walkways like in RM. The resort was very clean. There is a lot of construction going on. I am going to have to return someday to check out all the work they have been doing, even with all the construction going on it was never a bother to us. We never had issues with getting a spot on the beach. Sometimes getting towels was a bit of a wait.

FOOD/DRINKS: We ate at the French Royal restaurant twice once at the Japanese show table and buffet. I have to say all were good but the food at the buffets was actually our favorite. The staff in the buffet were very friendly and great with the tricks.. The drinks were always good no matter which bar we went too. We found all the staff we encountered very friendly and willing to help with anything we needed. We ordered room service a few times and most of the time we got what we ordered but a couple times it was a surprise…. LOL.

There was a movie/show being filmed at that resort while we were there a couple of days. It was very cool to see at all that. We had good weather, very hot and humid. My husband and I both had tummy issues our daughter did, but not like us. This was the first time not gaining weight on vacation. Even though we had a few tummy problems it is nothing that would keep us from returning or referring people to the Palladium. I am sure we will be back someday! If you’re thinking about trying this resort do it, you won’t be sorry!!

Room Tip: Get a swim-up!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank beachlover65
Dear beachlover65,

From the staff of The Royal Suites Turquesa we want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

Thanks for highlighting these details; we work toto provide a good team to our guests; comments like yours are the best motivation for them;

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

This was our second visit to Royal Suites for our 10th Wedding Anniversary and we will definitely never go back. The hotel facilities like the pools and the lounge chairs look much run down with the pools missing a lot of tiles but this is not the reason we will never go back. On our last day my husband slipped and fell on one of their walkways that take you from the pool to the room, lobby or beach. He hit his head lost consciousness for 2 minutes or so and had a huge gash in back of his head. There was no real urgency from the hotel to get him medical assistance even though he was bleeding very badly from the cut, we were waiting for the doctor to arrive for good 20 minutes. once the doctor took us to the clinic they had the nerve to ask us to pay for the medical assistance and only after I refused and after waiting for another 20 minutes for the manager to write a letter that they will cover the cost we were taken to the local hospital where my husband had to have 20 stiches. The next morning we were leaving, the least I would expect would be a call from a manager to see how everything is but guess what never happened. I was so discussed with their attitude and just wanted to leave and write a formal complaint once we got back home. It’s been 2 weeks and I still didn’t get any response to my letter (I guess their attitude towards guest comes from the top management). To sum up, if you still decide to go there just pray that you don’t get any heart attack, stroke or get injured as you can’t really rely that they will care enough to provide you with quick and caring assistance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank 2012MiddleVillage
ltajes, Gerente at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear 2012MiddleVillage,

Regarding to this review, we want to thank you very much for share this experience.
We are very surprised for this comments. Hotel paid all expenses and take care of this person despite that the incident was not hotel responsability, he was under alcohol effects , and medical center informed that guests were traveling without insurance & or money……..I think that this can clearly talk about this review.

Once again thank you very much,

Janesville, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

This was our first trip to the Dominican Republic. We were lucky enough to be traveling with pallidium addicts and thus upgraded to the Royal Suites. We are not frequent travelers (yet) but the rooms at the Royal suites were absolutely beautiful. We were on the second floor at the swim-ups and I would definitely recommend getting a swim-up if you can. The service was phenomenal
...our room was always perfectly cleaned and stocked, everyone went out of their way to ensure we were comfortable. I see a lot of negative reviews about the food and have to admit we had some issues but to me it seemed more of a hard-to-please all situation. There were many nationalities and too large variety of food. If you want American food go to the restaurant on the beach in the bavaro side. That was very good and sat well in our stomachs! The
Other thing I loved was that the royal suites is adult only..I love children but nice to have one section to "getaway" from the splashing and well different kind of fun than what children provide. I will definitely stay at a pallidium resort again, hopefully enough times to become an addict because that in itself was one wonderful group of people!!!

Room Tip: I would want a swim up next time
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Amy B
Dear Amy B,

We are really thankful for the precious time you dedicate to share your good experiences in the hotel with us.

It is a satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and that we have totally satisfied your needs.

Thank you very much.
Dorchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Just returned from a fortnight at The Royal Suites Turquesa. This is most definitely the best AI hotel we have ever been too. Champagne and Steak & Lobster all the way. The staff are just unbelievably hard working, friendly, fun and never stop trying to make your holiday so special. Cleanliness is of a superb standard. Our room was excellent, sheets changes every day and towels twice daily. Mini bar stocked every day with water, soft drinks and beers. There is a wine chiller containing bottles of wine but these are chargeable.
It was refreshing to be able to visit the excellent a la carte restaurants as many times as you wished. Never had to wait for a table and the staff made the whole dining experience very memorable.
The gardens are exquisite and the gardener s work tirelessly to keep them looking stunning . All the pools of which I believe there are 5 are large and were very quiet with plenty of sun beds, and a couple had swim up bars. The Turquesa pool was the only one where people seemed to put towels down, I overheard that people got up at 5am to do this, how sad....the beach is paradise, with a breeze which was very refreshing, and we preferred going there to the pools.

Now to the tummy problems. We too had dodgy tums after day 4. I can't think of 1 holiday in my life where I have managed a fortnight away, and this includes Europe, where this hasn't been the case. It was quite amusing to overhear other guests having great pleasure in telling new guest all about it, each story being passed along with yet more elaboration . In such a huge complex there will always be viruses going around, and I am sure that some people will suffer more than others. Although we did have holiday tum, and yes for quite a few days, we didn't actually feel that dreadful with it. It was interesting to listen to all the comments and harsh attackson the hotel, but many of these guests were still drinking all day!
Cleanliness is second to none, hand gel offered before using any of the restaurants.
To sum up, go and have a wonderful time, with the happiest, helpful and beautiful staff. Be sensible in the sun, drink only bottled water, and use the same for brushing teeth. You really will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms above the lobby,3 rd floor are great, never heard any outside noise, nor any noise at all from...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Debs O
Dear Debs O,

Received a warm greeting from the staff of The Royal Suites Turquesa, we wants to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

Comments like yours are the best motivation for our guest, team and for us to provide a good service.

Once again thank you for choosing The Royal Suites Turquesa and for trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Having been here twice in the past month I have had an awesome time.

I would like to mention the wonderful service we have received from Marybel at the Royal pool along with Marie and Carmen who were there to greet us upon arrival and as well Eugenio who goes beyond what is required to ensure you have everything you want.

Our butler, Andy was awesome in getting me some medication from the pharmacy when I needed it.

Wonderful staff

Room Tip: 5603 is an awesome room with lots of sun.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shadow521
Dear Shadow521,

We are proud that you chose our Resort, trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

Once again thank you very much,