“Friendly Staff at RST”

TRS Turquesa Hotel
Ranked #46 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was our 10th year anniversary of visiting the Grand Palladium in Punta Cana. We enjoy this large complex so much. We started out 10 years ago in the Bavaro section and feel we have grown with the resort as it has added on new sections, new a la cartes and made many new improvements to the older sections. While we now prefer to stay in the RST section we utilize the whole resort. Our continuing to return to this resort is a reflection on how good our experiences have been. Management puts their client’s needs first. Management makes it clear that they want their guests to bring any concerns/issues to them. They do their best to do right by you. It doesn’t matter if we have breakfast at the RST, lunch at the Palace/ Punta Cana section or dinner at the Bavaro we feel that we are treated with the same respect no matter what section we happen to be in.

Our arrival on April 4th was uneventful. We always opt to take the transportation provided with our package. We met a lovely couple travelling to the RST with us that we otherwise might not have met had we taken private transportation. We did have to wait for a no show couple but we enjoyed talking with the other couple so no big deal.

Check-in was great at reception. It was a very friendly atmosphere. Drinks were brought to us by the bar staff and by friends that we had met on previous trips. Our butler was there to take us to our room. Room was what we had booked, a swim up in building #55. It was the perfect location for us. Our friend Melky, prior to her going off duty, made sure we received a warm welcome with welcome signs and balloons in the room. A warm welcome at reception and a warm welcome to our room made for a wonderful start to a wonderful vacation.

The grounds are beautifully landscaped and well maintained. The pool swims up areas are showing some wear and tear. Over the past 10 years we have seen so many changes and constant upgrading of the facilities. The pools someday will need some refurbishing.

Last year we noticed a lot of beach loungers in disrepair. This year we noticed that these have been replaced with new ones. The hammocks are gone. They were starting to look pretty worn last year. The Bali beds are still on the beach. I love them! I hope they are kept and replaced when needed. The availability of shade spots on the beach is based on how busy the resort it at that time or the present clientele. Someone might be there one week and find it absolutely awful while someone the next week might say it was not. In our experience we found one week out of two awful and one not. I like my shade and one week I had to be there by 06:30 while the other week it was still fine at 09:30. Ideally there would be shade for everyone at any time of the day but the beach is only so big. I like the fact that I can still feel the breeze as the beach is not that deep. I noticed new loungers at the pool too or new pads or both.

Butlers..some people we meet say they don’t use their butlers for anything. What a shame. At least get to know them. They have so much to offer. If you don’t have a butler in your building at the time you want something then go to another building just steps away. The butlers provide a very friendly service. They are your go to people. We were so fortunate to have Melky in our building. We have known her for four years and she treats us like family. We also had the opportunity to meet Daniel and Karini who we got to know and were very efficient in their jobs. We met up again with David who we met last year and he went out of his way to make sure we had everything we wanted as did Ronny Avila from front desk management. It is so rewarding when staff can recall you from previous years and call you by your first names. Ronny goes above and beyond for the RST guests as do the butlers in our experience.

Food……oh wow! This has to be the number two reason why we keep returning to the Palladium. Number one reason is the management and their staff. Now remember we started out 10 years ago at the Bavaro section. We are comfortable with “travelling” the whole resort. We actually enjoy the dining experience in the a la cartes in the Bavaro section the most. I know guests that are content to eat only at the two a la cartes at the RST which speaks volumes for those two a la cartes alone. My husband and I enjoy taking advantage of the many a la cartes. We too have formed our favorites over the ten years of our eight visits. The Bamboo-Asian comes in at number one followed closely by the Tapeo-Spanish. The Japanese cook show is also an awesome meal and greatly enjoyed with a crowd of returnees this year. The Mare Nostrum was excellent. La Parrilla-steak house was excellent for my husband but not for me. The Chef Raffaele-Italian was also split with one of two entrees being good. We had three dinners at the RST in our two weeks and they were inconsistent. We had five dinners at the Bamoo and Tapeo a la cartes and they were bang on every time! We varied our lunches a lot with lunch at the Royal Gourmet coming out on top. The dining off of the menu was spot on. Gourmet all the way! I didn’t think I would want to “dine” at lunch time but got spoiled and will take advantage of this lunch spot next year early in our vacation. We also had lunches at the beach restaurant Bohio, the Punta Cana A/C buffet and pizzas on the beach and enjoyed them all. Love that the Bohio has the Panini station now. Breakfast was always at the Royal Gourmet except one morning we walked to the Catedral at the Bavaro section to see the new renovations. Wow! What a state of art buffet. Beautiful dining here for a buffet. I would like to see the Royal Gourmet take on some of the ambiance of the new buffet. The la cartes have been beautifully done over too with very nice outside dining options. Our friend Miguel Camarero still works at the Tapeo and always entertains us. He introduced us to his Jefers. They are very professional and really care that their guests have the best dining experiences.

Hemingway---very special place to have top shelf drinks. My friend Luis remembered me from last year and made my special to order cocktail-- Bailey’s Banana Liqueur Colada. So yummy! The RST lobby also offered excellent drinks.

I love this big resort. My husband and I feel it has so much to offer. There are such a variety of excellent eating venues and bars. We could never be bored here. The staff is so friendly. The beach is so beautiful and walkable with no rocks. The resort is constantly upgrading. Some areas are worn but are on the agenda for future renos.

A special shout out to our friends that we have made over the past four years. We are the Happy Hour Gang and are growing in size! Looking forward to rebooking the RST for next year.

Life is Good!

6  Thank NBmaple
Rsegarra, Director General at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear NBmaple,

Many thanks for your preference in selecting Royal Suites Turquesa ten times and specially this aniversary. We also like to extend our gratitude for sharing your experience on each trips and letting aware to future travelers to our destination about our excellent services.

We are delighted to hear that it has been your best vacation far away to your country. As a service-oriented company our goal is to achieve the total satisfaction of our guests and it is a pleasure to learn that we fully exceeded your expectations.

We thank again and hope to be your home for a next visit to Punta Cana.

R. Segarra,

Write a ReviewReviews (6,722)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was our 3rd stay at this resort and we were very well taken care of as always. We are Travel Club members so we expect a little more. A big thank you goes out to Victor our butler having him for the second year, he is the best. All the staff is very friendly and the will get you what you need, just ask. There was a mix up with the rooms, we had two. We had one king and a room with 2 queen beds. The queen beds were given to my wife and I, and the king to our friends. Our friends needed the two queens. They had us switched in 15 minutes and the luggage had already been delivered to the rooms. Please note that the 2 queen bed rooms are only on the second floor in the old complex. We prefer the old section because it is near the beach. They are working very hard to eliminate the towel game, but you still have to get up early if you would like a palapa. The food was really good and plenty of it. I have to quote another gentlemen on trip advisor and say "the sun shrank my clothes." All in all it was a great trip and we will return again. As I always say we will be going to the Caribbean at least once a year till we are dead or dead broke.

Room Tip: The old section needs an update but it is clean and workable. The new section a long walk to the bea...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank mikeohio

Dear Mr. Mike Ohio,

Words are missing to express our gratitude for having chosen Royal Suites Turquesa as your second home in Punta Cana as well as for the trust placed in us.
We managed to create unforgettable experiences and it is an honor to hear that we have surpassed all your expectations.

I am delighted to read that it has been excellent as always. As a service-oriented company our goal is to achieve the total satisfaction of our guests and it is a pleasure to learn that one more time we have fully exceeded your expectations.

Your recognition on the effort and dedication demonstrated by Victor, one of our staff members is greatly appreciated since it is thanks to staff members like him that we can achieve our goal-the total satisfaction of our guests.

Needless to say, we will be anxiously expecting your next visit.

R. Segarra.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was our first time at the Dominican Republic and at an all inclusive resort. The rooms were excellent, we stayed in unit 57 at the Royal Suites Turquesa and it was very private and not crowded at our pool outside our rooms, unlike the pools by the beach. The concierge service at our building was outstanding. Oscar, Andre and Charlene were so friendly and accommodating. Everything was very clean. The spa was great. The only drawback I have was the food and wait staff. Even thought there are different 'themed' restaurants, the food was all the same, overcooked/undercooked, and bland. The fruits/vegetables were not fresh. We were there for 5 days and I can honestly say the only thing I enjoyed were the olives served at the salad bars. Most of our foods were also luke-warm, not hot when served. I felt as if the wait staff couldn't be bothered and there were many times we waiting for service or to get drinks and food in the restaurants where we had reservations. It was also very hard communicating with the wait staff as many of them didn't speak english, and they were rude. I'm not sure I would go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HbeccaB27
ltajes, Resident Manager at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear HbeccaB27,

Thank you for selecting The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium as well as for having taken the time to post your review.

Our objective is not only to fulfill, but also surpass our guests’ expectations; therefore we put our greatest interest into your opinion. We understand that there is always room for improvement and our guests’ experiences play the key role in this continuous process, which leads us to achieve service excellence.

Your remarks will be addressed to the corresponding, therefore action plans will be placed in motion aiming to improve our overall services.

We hope to have the opportunity to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Still on vacation at the royal suites. Felt it was necessary to take time out of my vacation to let people coming to know not to expect much service wise. The general wait staff is terrible. Waited 2 hours for dinner last night, and 1-1/2 hours for lunch today. Out of the four days we have been here, they have been out of all of the beef selections for three of them. Don't expect to get the fillet they promise for the royal suites customers. Also, I fell on our second night here. Was only able to get one bandage. Fee to see the doctor is $100.00. I feel I should be able to see the doctor for free since I got hurt on their property and be able to get some bandages. Like I said, the service is awful.

Room Tip: Request swim up balcony. With the extra money.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Cindy R
ltajes, Resident Manager at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Dear Guest,

We are most disturbed to learn that your stay was marred by the incidents you mention. Allow me to extend our most sincere apologies if we could not far exceed your expectations. I regret not having had the opportunity to attend you personally during your stay. We also organize a special event, the Management Cocktail, where our guests are invited to make suggestions, ask questions and share their comments with the various Department Managers.

Be assured that all your observation have been studied and discussed with our Managing Team. We understand that there is always room for improvement and our guests’ experiences play the key role in this continuous process, which leads us to achieve service excellence.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and thus ensure a pleasant and uneventful stay as possible.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My fiancé and I have traveled to this resort for the second consecutive year. We both enjoy quiet relaxation and that is what you get at this property. The staff are friendly, the facilities are constantly being maintained (things do break, but they are very responsive) the food at the exclusive restaurants for this property (Le Chanterelle and Royal Gourmet) are the best on the property (many other restaurant options for the other 3 hotels onsite). Great private Beach, Spa facilities, and we choose the Swim-up option which give that extra treat of walking out of your room 4 steps to a pool. Drinks delivered to you both beach and poolside.

Maximo at reception is tops. He remembered me at checkin from a phone conversation when I had called from the States with a question, he genuinely cared that we were happy with the resort.

Great time and it makes it hard to pick another resort when you know this one is great.

Room Tip: Swim up suites are a short distance from the main building and are much quieter.
2  Thank George L

Dear George L,

Words are missing to express our gratitude for having chosen us as your second home in Punta Cana as well as for sharing your experience on this trip with future travelers to our destination. We managed to create unforgettable experiences and it is an honor to hear that once again we have surpassed all your expectations.

Your recognition on the effort and dedication demonstrated by Maximo is greatly appreciated and I will personally ensure to transmit your compliments. Needless to say, we will be anxiously expecting your next visit.

Regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I have just returned from our first trip to the RST and it is likely to be one of many. We stopped for a duration of 10 nights and had a great time. we were unable to get an upgrade due to some refurbishments taking place but we were happy with our room on the third floor, building 53, we were welcomed with a fruit basket and were invited to a honeymoon dinner held at the Seafood Restaurant opposite The Palace Lobby. The staff are very friendly and are more than willing to go out of their way for you regardless of whether you tip or not. We made sure we tipped each evening and the employees ensured me that they did share them out. Staying at RST you have access to all the restaurants on the complex, we mainly ate at Le Chanterelle and Royal Gourmet, however I would also recommend the Teppanaki Japanese Restaurant and also the Brazilian restaurant which are next door to each other. We didn´t see too much of our Butlers´ however we could easily contact them by phone and they resolved any issues almost immediately. The room cleaning was a bit hit and miss, we always found that the cleaner came at very random times sometimes when we were having breakfast, sometimes when we were having a nap or returning from lunch. You are able to specify a time for room cleaning so this is something I would recommend. The buggies at RST can be called at any time to take you to any part of the resort but we preferred to walk most of the time. Walking from one side of the resort to RST is about 20 minutes and lots to see along the way, it is worth going full circle on the train which comes every 20 mins to get your bearings. Evening entertainment was good however we only managed to catch a few shows, would highly recommend the Circus show. We would head to the beach at about 10am and would have no problem finding a sunbed, however if you want the fancy beds then you would need to go earlier. Gardeners are brilliant on a few occassions they brought us fresh coconuts to drink on the beach, beware too much coconut can lead to a laxative effect, we were told by our rep to keep to max 2 coconut drinks a day and we were fine. We shopped around for souvenirs in a few places, Outback Safari (highly recommend this trip approx 90 dollars per adult), the shacks near the beach and the two resort shops. The shacks near the beach were trying to charge us 45 dollars for two 700ml mamajuana bottles! On the Outback Safari they were 10 dollars a bottle and in one of the resort shops they were 12 dollars a bottle, do not pay anything more than this. Nothing is too much for any of the staff and they always have a smile on their faces, we will definately be returning, bumped into many couples who were returning for the 10th time in some cases!

Tip=bring USD, travelling from the UK we brought DR pesos and at the airport when you pay for the visa they are adament you have to pay in USD and give you a very poor rate to exchange money. There was not a single place we visited that did not accept USD.

Room Tip: Swim up rooms are only any good if you are going to be using the resort pools. We spent most our tim...
6  Thank traveller0923
Rsegarra, General Manager at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear traveller0923,

Receive our gratefulness for such valuable feedback. The opinion of our customers is of the greatest assistance to us. I also want to thank you for taking some of your precious time to write a review aiming to share your impressions on this trip with millions of travelers worldwide.

I am delighted to hear that all your expectations were met with our overall services, thus your honeymoon at our Royal Suites Turquesa will be a memory that will last forever. At Grand Palladium we managed to create memorable experiences.

We look forward to have the pleasure in welcome you again in the nearest future.

Warmest Regards,

R. Segara

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The Palladium resort is wonderful. The Royal Suites is adult only. The private butler gets everything done for you quickly. The resort is 4 resorts that you have full access too. Royal section is only for Royal guests. The butler services get you nightly dinner reservations all in one day, no need to stand in line. The food was awesome in all restaurants. Dominicans are very friendly. Staff at Royal treat you great. Free shuttle service throughout resort is great as it is quite large. Don't be afraid to flag them down. Royal guest get special treatment throughout. Including free lobster at several restaurants. Drinks are strong and top shelf alcohol. Exceptional stay, would definitely go back!!! Kelly at excursions desk is fabulous!! I recommend taxi service to and from airport. No waiting, private ride, $35 each way for two people. Beach is awesome, soft sand, drink service on beach and at pools, even swim up rooms.

Room Tip: Swim up room is great! No stairs private deck with private chairs!
1  Thank drighetti

Dear drighetti,

Thank you for having chosen Grand Palladium and The Royal Suites Turquesa as well as for letting future travelers knows about our services. I am delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay while vacationing with us.

Your feedback is highly appreciated and we hope to have you back soon.

Best regards,