“Great vacation spot” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great vacation spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Great vacation spot and the butler Claritza was very helpful and smart. She help us with golf reservations.

Food was good Royal Gourmet was very good. Then for the rest of the restaurants you have make dinner reservations with on time.

Bar service was good. Plenty of towels. Everyone was very helpful. We really enjoy..

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Rsegarra, Resident Manager at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear RoachDK,

The family of The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium is honored in receiving your valuable comments.

We are proud to hear about your satisfaction on this trip and we would like to thank you for having distinguished the attentiveness demonstrated by Claritza. We are aware that it is thanks to staff members like her that we are able to achieve our goal, the total satisfaction of our guests

We hope to be your home in Punta Cana for a next trip.

Best regards,

L. Tajes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (994)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Kent, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I want to start out by saying this was our first resort vacation. I've traveled all over from Europe to Asia, so for me this resort vacation was kind of a learning curve. It probably sounds stupid to say, but I was confused about how things worked almost the entire time and had to call the butler line multiple times to ask questions. We booked our trip through a travel agent and Apple Vacations and probably ended up paying way too much for this resort.

Upon arrival I read in the packet that was given to us by the front desk that men had to wear pants and closed toed shoes at all the restaurants while women are free to wear whatever. Unfortunately, our travel agent had not told us about this even though she knew this was our first resort and I'm sure other resorts have similar rules. So, my boyfriend had not brought any pants (thinking it's a tropical climate why would he need them)... And we ended up spending $82 on a pair of black linen blend pants from the mini-market there at the resort. Complete rip-off. So men, DON'T FORGET YOUR PANTS. However, the closed toe shoe rule was not enforced.

Like everyone has said, we had a butler, but only saw her our first and last day. I think butlers are supposed to try to be at the desk in the building, but she never was. So, we ended up either calling the butler line or went into building 57 across the street and used their butler. I never thought we would have to use the butler service, but the resort was very large and quite confusing, so we requested cars to take us to restaurants/sports bar that were on the other side of the resort. The map we received was pretty useless which was sad because we prefer to walk places and would have if we could have figured out where we were going.

The drinks were good, the food was terrible. My boyfriend was sick the entire time from the food unfortunately. The French restaurant was the worst of all and I highly recommend completely skipping it. My salmon was completely dry from the buffet, the mussels were way too fishy, and my lobster was so overcooked it had the consistency of mashed potatoes and a burnt smell that made me nauseous. The restaurant next to the French, Las Torres, was a huge buffet and it was pretty good because there were so many options. We also went to the Spanish, Asian, Mediterranean, and Japanese restaurants. The Spanish was very interesting; we were served very small portions, therefore we ordered about 3 times. The Spanish restaurant also had a small buffet, but we didn't get anything from it. I speak some Italian and can read French, both actually came in handy, but at this restaurant the night we were there the servers only were only waiting on people who spoke Spanish. Therefore, I had to get up and order from a waiter standing near the kitchen twice because no one came back to us, even for desert which was very unusual. The Mediterranean restaurant was surprisingly good, they had a nice salad buffet and good veggie fajitas, but the guacamole was spoiled. We went to the Japanese restaurant three times because we enjoyed the people there and the food for the most part was good. When I say the food was good I really mean acceptable, nothing was something I would go out of my way to get again. The Asian restaurant was ok. For in between meals we went to the sports bar for snacks and I believe there was a beach restaurant that was open over there was well for lunch. Most of the bars also had pastries you could snack on. I highly recommend you try the Dominican drink Mama Juana while you're there.

For those not familiar with resorts I do want to mention breakfast there is from 7-10 because we were actually not told and just missed it our first day. We ate at Las Torres the whole time, but the French restaurant is open for breakfast as well. Other than those two places I don't know what else is open besides the sports bar on the other side of the resort (because it is a 24 place).

I believe we were there during an off week (June 2nd-9th) because there were not a lot of people at our resort and it was especially noticeable at the beach. We typically got to the beach anywhere between 10am-12pm depending on when we woke up and went to breakfast. We easily found chairs, there were always shaded chairs available (close to the ocean) and even beds were available. This shocked me because of previous reviews I had read about having to get to the beach between 7and 8 to get these spots, so it was pretty awesome because there was no way we were getting to the beach that early. We didn't encounter any lines at the two "no reservation" restaurants (French and Las Torres) for dinner or breakfast. We also very quickly entered the restaurants we made reservations at which I actually was not expecting, however, the restaurants were never full.

The beach had waitresses walking around, sometimes they would come to you, but I found most of the time you had to get their attention to get service and even then it would take at least 20 minutes to get your drink because of all the orders, so I can't imagine when the beach is really busy how long it takes. We went between the beach and water frequently so I hated having to wait for my drink before I went in. Therefore, one of us would typically walk to the pool bar - which was close - to get our own drinks. The beach during the day smelled like gasoline to me because of all the boats out on the water. (The gasoline smell only bothered me, my boyfriend didn't notice it.) That being said, I really enjoyed the beach at night because it smelled the way the ocean should.

We were in building 56, room 20...I believe it was one of the newer buildings? We had the "open bathroom" concept which we found more humorous than embarrassing. The doors are frosted glass that have about a foot of space from the ceiling. We didn't really have any problems with the shower leaking water....it only leaks if you have the shower head pointed right at the door... The rooms have rum, vodka, gin, and whiskey and whatever is put in your fridge is included, we got crackers and peanuts as well. The beds are pretty hard so I typically woke up at least 3 times a night. The rooms are also freezing. We turned the AC as high as we could but it was still so could I ended up sleeping in my jeans and the sweater I wore on the plane. While we were in the room, we would open the door to our balcony to warm the room up, but the last 3 days we were there really loud Americans were in the pool below us yelling and blasting music, so we ended up keeping it closed. There was an extra blanket I found the last night in our room and wow what a difference it made! Do not, no matter how desperate you are, order room service. Also, don't try to convince yourself that maybe this time it will be ok, because I promise it won't. We tried 3 times, the first night was pizza and one of the sandwiches. The pizza was doughy and really sweet for some reason and the sandwich and fries were soggy. The next time we ordered brownies which did not have a chocolatle flavor but more of a doughy and floury flavor. Then the third time we tried nachos because how can that be terrible? The chips were old, most didn't even crack apart but instead folded like rubber, and the cheese sauce was cold.

After seeing the swim up rooms we decided they would have been worth the extra cost for us. Even though you share your room with an open pool there are curtains that provide privacy. It would have been nice to get in the pool in the morning with easy access from your room.

The service was helpful and fun. For the most part everyone knew some English, but we always made an effort to speak Spanish when we could. I wanted to learn or experience more of the Dominican culture. Unfortunately, I don't think that's the point of resorts, so I'm not sure if I will ever go to one again unless we have a group of people going. It wasn't really a romantic trip, therefore we decided if we ever go again it will be with a group of friends. Honestly, after we got home I felt like it would have been less stressful and around the same price if we had gone to Europe instead.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rach1701
ltajes, Resident Manager at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to post your review after having stayed with us at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium. With greatest interest we have studied your comments and are quite concerned since we did not surpass your expectations with some of our services.

Regarding our food, we respect and value the different palates and needs and it is worthy to mention that carefully selected products compose our gastronomical supply, taking into consideration the diversity of clients who visit our hotel. Additionally, one of our priorities is the health and well-being of our customers and in order to assure this, our complex participates in Cristal, a world-renowned British hygiene assurance program with established hygiene and sanitation standards, which are monitored continuously. You should be advised that certain risks are involved when travelling to the tropics. There are various factors that may contribute to illness, such as climate, temperature variation, combination of food and beverages, excessive sun exposure and personal reactions.
We really appreciate any kind of feedback since we daily approach our guests in house to confront their needs and current experience with us, however I am very sorry that I did not have the opportunity to personally meet you as I would have been delighted to assist you. Our entire management team is at the disposition of our guests whenever they require any specific assistance.

Rest assured that we will never cease in our effort to constant improve the level of our services and facilities.

Bayside, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

What a great experience, the property was sparkling, we saw people cleaning everyday. The staff are all super friendly. Only complaint is that it is too big!!! You would never be able to experience all that they have to offer. Will have to return to discover more!!

The rooms were amazing and clean, No problems with air conditioning or towels, only one day when we went over to Bavaro pool they would not give us towels unless you had towels to hand in. Kinda silly.

Carlos was our butler and helped us sort out travel arrangements. The transportation company that we paid for went out of business while we were there, he was able to call the original agent and get everything straightened out for us.

At the swim up bar, ask for the brand name, top shelf liquor and they will get it for you.

Each hotel lobby bar had live music every night. The shuttle train runs constantly if you don't want to walk.

Not one complaint......Perfect !!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mjla434
ltajes, Resident Manager at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear mjla434,

We are more than excited of having gone beyond your expectations to offer you an outstanding experience at our The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium.

Also we would like to take this opportunity to extend our gratitude for your kindness in having shared your impressions with future travelers to our destination.

We hope to be your home for a next trip to Punta Cana. Please let us know about your future booking, we will be very happy to hosting you again.

Our very best regards,

Trenton, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We came here last week of May, group of friends consisting of 3 couples. Upon arrival we were very pleased with the look and feel of the Palladium resort. The grounds looked beautiful, the staff all dressed in white then we checked into our room...terrible. No air conditioning for 2 days even after the technician came 4 times to check it out. (Finally we were transferred to another suite.) The refrigerator was not cold, nothing better than a warm beer after laying in the sun all day...the door to the shower was not aligned, so there was a pool of water outside of the shower. Our swim up suite had no lights in the pool making it a safety hazard to swim at night plus the jacuzzi pool outside of our suites did not work for 3 days. The lobby staff were in no rush to get any of the issues resolved, always trying to push it on someone else such as the butler to our suite. Not very good customer service...
As far as the staff at the bars and lobby bar - wonderful! My guess is that they are around folks having drinks all day and night - don't worry, be happy!
The food - go to the Steak Houses every night for dinner! Everything else is not up to par...
Breakfast - OK but not great.
Lunch - buffet 50/50, paella on the beach - thumbs up! Burger hut - OK.

For a 5 star resort I would have expected better service and food. Very disappointed on our 2nd trip to Punta Cana...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bigpapi2014
Dear bigpapi2014,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for selecting The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium as well as for the time you took to post your review after having stayed with us.

We are very concerned for the fact that your stay was not up what you expected. The comments of our guests are of the utmost assistance for us since it enable us to detect rooms for improvements and can therefore take instant actions. We do believe that all our guests ought to be treated equally and receive a quality service. Therefore, we are concerned with the perception you received from certain employees; that is definitely not the image we would like to project. Be assured that we will never cease in our effort to improve the level of our services and facilities.

Receive our sincerest apology and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future. We will be attentive to offer you a pleasant and enjoyable stay as possible.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

What a great experience! The people were wonderful, food was good and plentiful, and the rooms were great. Our Butlers Angel and Claritza were great. I would definitely love to come back. Good restaurants but the buffets were enough with such a vast variety of different foods. DRINKS EVERYWHERE!

Dear Greene872,

We appreciate the time you took to write a review about your recent stay at our resort. Also we appreciate to hear that you have had a great experience.

Thank you for highlighting the excellent service provided by Angel and Claritza. They will be glad in receiving your compliments.

We hope to have the pleasure in hosting you again at this your home in sunny Punta Cana.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

The property was amazing . Everyone was so friendly . Angel, our butler helped us with all of our special needs and was extremely pleasant. The food in the restaurants was very good as well especially the Spanish and Brazilian. But the people working here were the best . We will be back .

1 Thank jmanzie
Dear jmanzie,

We are more than glad to know that your recent stay at The Royal Suites Turquesa was the “best vacation ever”

We are also delighted to hear that all your expectations were met and that our staff went the extra mile in their effort to accommodate and offer you a pleasant stay. They are always eager to fulfill all our guests’ needs.

Please do not forget that The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium is your second home in sunny Caribbean. We will be expecting your next visit.

Best regards,

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Very quiet and relaxing resort. Great overall service and friendly staff. Grounds are very well kept. Great a la cart restraunts, especially the Asian one. Ground transport is a plus. Travel the resort on a trolley. Over all, we recommend this as a destination and definitely a must stay at Royal Suites.

Dear Webby1959,

We are very happy to hear about the nice time you have had while at our Royal Suites Turquesa. Comments such as yours strengthen our philosophy to seeking the total satisfaction of our guests.

Many thanks for posting your review on Tripadvisor and sharing your experience with thousands of travelers to our destination.

We look forward to have the honor to hosting you again at this “your home away from home”.

Our very best regads,