“Amazing vacation...can't wait to go back!”
Review of TRS Turquesa Hotel

TRS Turquesa Hotel
Ranked #47 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here June 7-10 and had an awesome 5 days at The Royal Suites!

Beach: Absolutely beautiful! Soft white sand - we walked for a couple of hours each day, both directions. Just say "no thank you" as you walk by the vendors. We bought a few gifts for family and paid less than half of the first price given.

Room Tips: We upgraded to a swim up room when we checked in. Well worth the $20 US per night. We swam early in the morning & late at night. We were in suite 5712 - end suite, private, morning sun. Angel was our butler and made all of our dinner reservations when we arrived. Beds a little hard and better pillows can be ordered, although mine never arrived.

Dining: Highly recommend Japanese dinner "show", French & Royal. We ate outside for breakfast & dinner at French & Royal. Had loads of champagne, at breakfast and by the pool. Mexican was not great and didn't get to the highly recommended steakhouse but we will when we return in January. Wonderful cheese, crepe Suzette & liqueurs at the French restaurant. Room service not great. I grabbed cappuccinos at the lobby to take back to our room for our early morning swims. Paella on the beach (between Royal and Palace) amazing!

Drinks: Ask for premium brands - they are happy to give you what you ask for. We did tip and it was appreciated. Margarita was wonderful at the pool bar. Champagne was delicious.

Entertainment: We saw only one show - Michael Jackson - which was very good. The chefs at the Japenese restaurant dinner shows are excellent. The animation teams at Palladium had lots of people involved in beach games - volleyball, egg toss, soccer, darts & exercise.

Atmosphere: if you want to enjoy adult company, relax and be pampered, The Royal Suites is the place to go. Much quieter than the other 3 resorts, especially in the evening. The grounds on all four resorts are beautiful and the staff throughout were wonderful.

We are returning in January with our children & extended family. Looking forward to staying at Palladium once again!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a swim up room. Well worth the $20 US per night. Room 5712 was fantastic with morning sun...
1  Thank Gloria S
Rsegarra, General Manager at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Gloria S,

We are very thankful for your kindness in dedicating your valuable time to comment your experience with us.

At The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium we strive with devotion to offer our guests delightful memories back home.

Please feel free to contact us for any assistance prior to your next visit.

R. Segara

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I just returned from a week at the RST. Like most large resorts there are some good and bad points. For the RST there are far more plusses than minuses. We thought the service to be very good. Our butler Anabel was top rate. She took care of any issues we had and made several dinner reservations for us. The service in the restaurants was good as well. The food was hit or miss in some cases. We thought the two gourmet restaurants were very good. The only minuses we experienced have been noted here in the past. The frozen drinks are made with a slushy machine. Why a top flight resort does not use fresh ingredients is beyond me. The other thing is that most of the best (most direct) walkways are the main roads. The pathways are virtually useless. It's not that big of deal except at night when the golf carts are going by and then a passenger bus tries to go by. We knew these ahead of time so we were not surprised. It just the difference between getting four or five stars.

Dear udflyer,

Glad to know that you have had a great time and I would like to thank you for the time you took to post your review. I am also glad to read that the plusses were far less that the minuses.

I regret that our food could not satisfy your palate in some cases. Moreover, It is true that like any other all-inclusive we have some pre-made frozen drinks, nonetheless I must emphasize that we offer fresh products such as fruit juices at breakfast in all of our restaurant buffets as well as an assortment of fresh fruits also available for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I appreciate your feedback since this kind of communications serves us to work on a daily basis to improve the quality of our products and services.

R. Segarra

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The staff were very helpful. Rides to locations were readily accessible if you don't want to walk. The grounds were magnificent and the beaches fabulous. I have to say they were the prettiest by far. The food was good. Breakfast was definitely the best.

Room Tip: The swim up rooms are fantastic!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sara P
ltajes, Resident Manager at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Sara P,

We are delighted to hear that you have had a great vacation with us.

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience with future travelers to our destination and hope to be your home for next trip to Punta Cana.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed here for 1 week. Swim up room! It was amazing! We had a butler at the front if our building to help with anything and everything! We had the absolute best butler named Anabell!! Everyone was super friendly an attentive! Defiantly suggest the swim up room! The casino wasn't great but very quick drive to hard rock casino! Everything else was perfect! The room service is an added bonus! Would stay here again in a heart beat!!

Dear Kaylasunny,

Receive our gratefulness for such valuable feedback. The opinion of our customers is of the greatest assistance to us. We also want to thank you for taking some of your precious time to write a review aiming to share your impressions on this trip with millions of travelers worldwide.

We are delighted to hear that all your expectations were met with our overall services. At The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium we managed to create unforgettable experiences.

We look forward to have you back for many years. Please let us know about your future booking, we will be more than pleased to assist you prior to your arrival.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stay from 6/10-14/2014. Let first say that our butlers really made our stay great! My husband told Providence and Sandy our first butlers that it was my birthday,while we were in the pool they decorated the room which really made my trip! Although our trip was 4 days the room it self always seemed to have a wet smell or there had a lot of moisture in the air. As for the restaurants the Gormet and the Steakhouse were really good. We have been to several Brazilian resturants and the one we visited here did not meet our expectations at all. We are not fans of buffets however the buffet at the French resturant was less crowed and nice compared to the bigger buffet. To judge the food overall 3 we were sick the last day of our trip causing us to miss out on the a lot of trips for waking on the beach we had planned. The resort was beautiful !! We seen a lot of the grounds because we walked a lot of it and we took the train which I recommend. Annabell our butler for the second half was great very helpful friendly she called the cart for us walking was not an option at that point of the trip! She provided great insite as too what our benefits were without package. Not to forget our waitresses by the pool cool little ladies! Overall we would love to come and stay again !! Great trip !

Dear Tea-traveling14 ,

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium to celebrate such special occasion.

We are more than happy to hear about your experience as well as that our associates went above and beyond in their effort to provide you a pleasurable and enjoyable stay. I will personally ensure to transmit your comments to our Managing Team in order to let them aware about your satisfaction with our overall services.

On the other hand, we feel very regretful with the situation related with your health status on the last day of your trip and hope that you have fully recovered. The health and well being of our guests is one of our top priorities; in order to assure this our complex participates in Crystal, a world-renowned British hygiene assurance program with very high standards. It is worthy to mention that any products or ingredients that are being used are subject to strict sanitary controls. Nevertheless, certain risks are involved when travelling to the tropics. There are various factors that may contribute to illness, such as climate, temperature variation, combination of food and beverages, excessive sun exposure and personal reactions.

Many thanks for your valuable feedback. We will be attentive to your next visit and please let us know about your future booking.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Great vacation spot and the butler Claritza was very helpful and smart. She help us with golf reservations.

Food was good Royal Gourmet was very good. Then for the rest of the restaurants you have make dinner reservations with on time.

Bar service was good. Plenty of towels. Everyone was very helpful. We really enjoy..

• Stayed: June 2014
Rsegarra, Resident Manager at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear RoachDK,

The family of The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium is honored in receiving your valuable comments.

We are proud to hear about your satisfaction on this trip and we would like to thank you for having distinguished the attentiveness demonstrated by Claritza. We are aware that it is thanks to staff members like her that we are able to achieve our goal, the total satisfaction of our guests

We hope to be your home in Punta Cana for a next trip.

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I want to start out by saying this was our first resort vacation. I've traveled all over from Europe to Asia, so for me this resort vacation was kind of a learning curve. It probably sounds stupid to say, but I was confused about how things worked almost the entire time and had to call the butler line multiple times to ask questions. We booked our trip through a travel agent and Apple Vacations and probably ended up paying way too much for this resort.

Upon arrival I read in the packet that was given to us by the front desk that men had to wear pants and closed toed shoes at all the restaurants while women are free to wear whatever. Unfortunately, our travel agent had not told us about this even though she knew this was our first resort and I'm sure other resorts have similar rules. So, my boyfriend had not brought any pants (thinking it's a tropical climate why would he need them)... And we ended up spending $82 on a pair of black linen blend pants from the mini-market there at the resort. Complete rip-off. So men, DON'T FORGET YOUR PANTS. However, the closed toe shoe rule was not enforced.

Like everyone has said, we had a butler, but only saw her our first and last day. I think butlers are supposed to try to be at the desk in the building, but she never was. So, we ended up either calling the butler line or went into building 57 across the street and used their butler. I never thought we would have to use the butler service, but the resort was very large and quite confusing, so we requested cars to take us to restaurants/sports bar that were on the other side of the resort. The map we received was pretty useless which was sad because we prefer to walk places and would have if we could have figured out where we were going.

The drinks were good, the food was terrible. My boyfriend was sick the entire time from the food unfortunately. The French restaurant was the worst of all and I highly recommend completely skipping it. My salmon was completely dry from the buffet, the mussels were way too fishy, and my lobster was so overcooked it had the consistency of mashed potatoes and a burnt smell that made me nauseous. The restaurant next to the French, Las Torres, was a huge buffet and it was pretty good because there were so many options. We also went to the Spanish, Asian, Mediterranean, and Japanese restaurants. The Spanish was very interesting; we were served very small portions, therefore we ordered about 3 times. The Spanish restaurant also had a small buffet, but we didn't get anything from it. I speak some Italian and can read French, both actually came in handy, but at this restaurant the night we were there the servers only were only waiting on people who spoke Spanish. Therefore, I had to get up and order from a waiter standing near the kitchen twice because no one came back to us, even for desert which was very unusual. The Mediterranean restaurant was surprisingly good, they had a nice salad buffet and good veggie fajitas, but the guacamole was spoiled. We went to the Japanese restaurant three times because we enjoyed the people there and the food for the most part was good. When I say the food was good I really mean acceptable, nothing was something I would go out of my way to get again. The Asian restaurant was ok. For in between meals we went to the sports bar for snacks and I believe there was a beach restaurant that was open over there was well for lunch. Most of the bars also had pastries you could snack on. I highly recommend you try the Dominican drink Mama Juana while you're there.

For those not familiar with resorts I do want to mention breakfast there is from 7-10 because we were actually not told and just missed it our first day. We ate at Las Torres the whole time, but the French restaurant is open for breakfast as well. Other than those two places I don't know what else is open besides the sports bar on the other side of the resort (because it is a 24 place).

I believe we were there during an off week (June 2nd-9th) because there were not a lot of people at our resort and it was especially noticeable at the beach. We typically got to the beach anywhere between 10am-12pm depending on when we woke up and went to breakfast. We easily found chairs, there were always shaded chairs available (close to the ocean) and even beds were available. This shocked me because of previous reviews I had read about having to get to the beach between 7and 8 to get these spots, so it was pretty awesome because there was no way we were getting to the beach that early. We didn't encounter any lines at the two "no reservation" restaurants (French and Las Torres) for dinner or breakfast. We also very quickly entered the restaurants we made reservations at which I actually was not expecting, however, the restaurants were never full.

The beach had waitresses walking around, sometimes they would come to you, but I found most of the time you had to get their attention to get service and even then it would take at least 20 minutes to get your drink because of all the orders, so I can't imagine when the beach is really busy how long it takes. We went between the beach and water frequently so I hated having to wait for my drink before I went in. Therefore, one of us would typically walk to the pool bar - which was close - to get our own drinks. The beach during the day smelled like gasoline to me because of all the boats out on the water. (The gasoline smell only bothered me, my boyfriend didn't notice it.) That being said, I really enjoyed the beach at night because it smelled the way the ocean should.

We were in building 56, room 20...I believe it was one of the newer buildings? We had the "open bathroom" concept which we found more humorous than embarrassing. The doors are frosted glass that have about a foot of space from the ceiling. We didn't really have any problems with the shower leaking water....it only leaks if you have the shower head pointed right at the door... The rooms have rum, vodka, gin, and whiskey and whatever is put in your fridge is included, we got crackers and peanuts as well. The beds are pretty hard so I typically woke up at least 3 times a night. The rooms are also freezing. We turned the AC as high as we could but it was still so could I ended up sleeping in my jeans and the sweater I wore on the plane. While we were in the room, we would open the door to our balcony to warm the room up, but the last 3 days we were there really loud Americans were in the pool below us yelling and blasting music, so we ended up keeping it closed. There was an extra blanket I found the last night in our room and wow what a difference it made! Do not, no matter how desperate you are, order room service. Also, don't try to convince yourself that maybe this time it will be ok, because I promise it won't. We tried 3 times, the first night was pizza and one of the sandwiches. The pizza was doughy and really sweet for some reason and the sandwich and fries were soggy. The next time we ordered brownies which did not have a chocolatle flavor but more of a doughy and floury flavor. Then the third time we tried nachos because how can that be terrible? The chips were old, most didn't even crack apart but instead folded like rubber, and the cheese sauce was cold.

After seeing the swim up rooms we decided they would have been worth the extra cost for us. Even though you share your room with an open pool there are curtains that provide privacy. It would have been nice to get in the pool in the morning with easy access from your room.

The service was helpful and fun. For the most part everyone knew some English, but we always made an effort to speak Spanish when we could. I wanted to learn or experience more of the Dominican culture. Unfortunately, I don't think that's the point of resorts, so I'm not sure if I will ever go to one again unless we have a group of people going. It wasn't really a romantic trip, therefore we decided if we ever go again it will be with a group of friends. Honestly, after we got home I felt like it would have been less stressful and around the same price if we had gone to Europe instead.

1  Thank Rach1701
ltajes, Resident Manager at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to post your review after having stayed with us at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium. With greatest interest we have studied your comments and are quite concerned since we did not surpass your expectations with some of our services.

Regarding our food, we respect and value the different palates and needs and it is worthy to mention that carefully selected products compose our gastronomical supply, taking into consideration the diversity of clients who visit our hotel. Additionally, one of our priorities is the health and well-being of our customers and in order to assure this, our complex participates in Cristal, a world-renowned British hygiene assurance program with established hygiene and sanitation standards, which are monitored continuously. You should be advised that certain risks are involved when travelling to the tropics. There are various factors that may contribute to illness, such as climate, temperature variation, combination of food and beverages, excessive sun exposure and personal reactions.
We really appreciate any kind of feedback since we daily approach our guests in house to confront their needs and current experience with us, however I am very sorry that I did not have the opportunity to personally meet you as I would have been delighted to assist you. Our entire management team is at the disposition of our guests whenever they require any specific assistance.

Rest assured that we will never cease in our effort to constant improve the level of our services and facilities.