Today is our lats day at this resort, the ONLY reason I have this resort a 2 start instead of 1 is because of the beach. Their beach is really nice, white and soft sand, reasonably clean and not crowded by people. With that being said, here is our experience on everything else.
1. Food - they are not lying when they say everything is inclusive, that is true. 5 buffets, 10 a la carte restaurant. For 2 dinners, we had to restaurant hop (since it´s free) because the food was horrible. Since we stayed at Royal suite for adults only, there are two restaurants exclusive for us...the French and the Royal Groumet. DO NOT eat at the french restaurant....stick with what they know how to cook...aka, steaks...some seafood, etc. Lunch buffets are pretty decent, do try different buffets. Dinners, brazilian, tapeo, la parilla are all decent. Skip Marenostrum (seafood) food is substandard. RESTAURANT SERVERS ARE EXTREMELY SLOW! AND IF I DIDNT WAVE THEM DOWN, THEY DONT COME BY! So be proactive when you´re eating.....
2. Room Service - for a hotel who claims to be 5 star, the room service is 0 star. It is basically leftover food from buffet delivered to your room. (it´s free but imagine the leftover quality) Extremely RUDE and don´t speak much english. So unless you´re really lazy on stepping for food, I seriously wouldn´t recommend room service. Oh..and they don´t know the menu, tried ordering a flavored yogurt, they had no idea what flavors they offer.
3. Spa - Steam room didn´t work one day because they don´t know why. BE CAREFUL on your coupon that claims 10% off ANY service offered from the Spa, because it is not ANY service, it is SOME service. Bring the coupon to the Spa and they will tell you there.....
4. Hospitality - we had a butler who was just rude and not at all helpful....front desk for the most part has no idea what you´re saying unless you´re speaking spanish...mind me, i did speak some spanish..but they just pretend they don´t understand you. VERY RUDE staff for a hotel of 5 stars.
5. Room - Quality of the room was ok...our bathroom door was broken, their cable connection is horrible....and their AC is leaking from the ceiling.....AGAIN, for a hotel of 5 stars, not so much 5 stars quality, the SWIM UP was nice (if you book a room with swim ups)
Nice thing is with this part of Palladium, you do have access to everything in the hotel...drinks..food..all restaurants for free...free wifi as well. I wouldn´t recommend any other packages simply because you won´t have access to everything.
Overall, not planning on coming back...again the beach was nice, so if you´re here for the beach and don´t care about others, this place will do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Turquesa is an exclusive VIP area of 372 luxurious rooms located within the Grand Palladium Resort in Punta Cana. Featuring private facilities and personalised service, the area includes an exclusive restaurant, concierge service and free Internet in the private lobby, air conditioned bar serving premium International beverages, exclusive pool with built-in Jacuzzis and bar service to the sun beds by the pool and at the beach, and much more. For adults only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your TRS Turquesa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Turquesa By Palladium Hotel Punta Cana
- Royal Hotel Punta Cana