“One and done!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Alpha, New Jersey
“One and done!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have to say I am completely amazed as I booked my trip to this resort based on other peoples reviews. I am not a hard to please person but was extremely disappointed. This is an adult’s only resort but shares grounds with several other Palladium resorts which are family resorts. This is not the issue, the issues is that the Turquesa does not have any entertainment itself at all. All the activity takes place at the family resorts and after 11PM your only option is to go to the disco to hang out and drink with a bunch of 18 year olds. I left my kids home for a reason. We met a bunch of other people who were having the same problem and they were trying to make the best of the situation by enjoying themselves in the swim up pool outside their room. But at 8:30 PM were asked to exit the pool as they were being too loud. Most people we spoke to described this resort as a retirement home. Also another issue, I understand we are in another country but being in the hospitality industry you would think that the staff, especially the front desk, would have a little better understanding of the English language. My daughter called from the states to check in and make sure all was well and the first time they could not understand her at all and hung up on her and the second time she spoke to them in Spanish and was placed on hold for 10 minutes and then hung up on. I am sure glad it was not an emergency. We were completely ignored by the staff at the bar as well as in the buffet. After waiting for about 20 minutes for a glass of water we ended up getting up and getting ourselves which seemed to upset the wait staff. During breakfast half the time we would finish our food before the coffee even made it to the table. And don’t get me started about the so called Casino, if you can call it that. It is a room consisting of a couple table games and maybe about 30 very outdated slot machines. It all starts when you walk in the door and are greeted by the staff who entices you with a “new game” they want you to try on their dime. They give you 2 chips to get you started. Well, being from the states we are quite familiar with the game which is called Razzle, which is actually illegal in the US. If you don’t believe me Google razzle scam. Luckily we were aware and after our 2 attempts on the casino’s dime we knew to walk away. However, some people are not so fortunate. My husband made an attempt to warn the older couple who walked in the door after us who at this point already had started betting with their own money. They lady who is in charge of escorting the new victims over to the game became extremely annoyed and attempted to flag down security to have us removed from the casino but we quickly left. I do want to mention that the casino is not owned and operated by the resort itself but by an outside firm and is in no way regulated. We only learned that from reviewing it after the fact. I have to say the food and staff at the 2 restaurants we were able to get a reservation to were much better. The resort is absolutely huge and there is a shuttle service that takes you from place to place. The problem is you know where you want to go but have no idea how to get there. So you ask the driver and they nod with a smile so you hope they understood your request. But they make multiple stops during the ride and never once announce where you are so you have to get out and go up to the driver and ask if this is your stop. You can ask 5 different people the same question and receive 5 different answers. We even tried using the app but when you ask the staff about the activities listed on the app for a specific day they have no idea what you are talking about. Then they point you to a board that list activities but does not tell you when or where. Now the island itself is beautiful and the beaches are just breathtaking. We did a couple excursions and had a blast. So if you are only going for some R&R this may be the place for you. But I like to have options. I spent last year’s vacation in Paradise Island, Bahamas at the Riu Palace and was completely blown away. The staff knew you by name and knew what you liked to drink and had it on the bar before you even asked for it. They were always happy and smiling and went out of their way every chance they had. This was definitely a one and done.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Lisa J
ltajes, Gerente at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Royal Suites Turquesa on Tripadvisor.
We are seriously committed to the achievement of our guests’ satisfaction, thus your opinion is of the utmost importance to us.

We carefully reviewed all your observations and herewith we would like to express our most sincere apologies for any inconveniences you may have had during your visit.

Regarding the language barrier Please be assured that we have a great task ahead of us concerning the language education to our associates. As a matter of fact, we are providing intensive educational courses, including English classes, since we understand their importance in our continuous effort to improve the quality of customer.

We truly regret that due to the lack of information about Royal Suites Turquesa's concept your opinions went wrong direction in comparison to the majority of guests who visit us, who have preferred a pleasant and relaxing experience.

We hope to have the pleasure in hosting you again in the near future.

Our very best regards,

L. Takes.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,024)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Verona
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

For sure The Royal Suites Turquesa is the most beautiful and charming place we have ever been.
Amazing hospitality, excellent food, perfect service in every occasion are the point of strenght of this Hotel.
We will go back in the near future and once more we want enjoy the incredible atmosphere by Turquesa.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bruno D
ltajes, Director General at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to extend you our gratitude for having selected Royal Suites Turquesa as the place to spend your recent holidays. And also thank you for your sincere feedback about our hospitality.

It is worthy to mention that we are more than glad to hear that we could meet your expectation with our facilities.

Thank you for letting future visitors about your awesome trip. Your home in Punta Cana awaits your next visit.

England
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Returned on 03/07/14 after 14 nights at the Royal Suites and enjoyed a very good time. The RS shares a beach front with three other hotels and whilst RS guests can use the other hotel facilities the RS is exclusive to it's guests. Our room was in block 5 and was very well appointed, bright and spacious and thoroughly cleaned each day. The butler, Oscar was very helpful and on request efficiently arranged for bottled tonic water to be delivered to the room so we could enjoy a decent G&T. The in room drinks include Bombay Saphire Gin.
The beach is clean and the sea choppy and great for a pm swim.
The RS has two exclusive restaurants, both served by the same entrance. The food was good but retain a sense of humour as the staff do not always get the order right. The house wine is poor by comparison with other similar hotels in the DR. All the staff try very hard to please and most of the time succeed.
The misses were, the restaurants air con is not effective and there are no lifts.
Overall good time but will not return as we have experienced better at other hotels in the DR

Room Tip: Retain a sense of humour
4 Thank BillBEngland
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen us as the place to spend your recent holidays. We are delighted to hear that we surpassed all your expectation and your stay is a memory that will last forever.

We feel proud and grateful for highlighting the efforts and dedication demonstrated by our teams.

We are aware that it is thanks to staff members like them that we manage to create unforgettable experiences.

We thank again for your valuable feedback and look forward to have you back soon at this your home in paradise.

Best Regards,

R Segarra.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We just returned last night from a wonderful week at this hotel. The food was excellent,the beach was stunning and we had the most enjoyable week in many years. Aside from the resort itself which was beautiful, there are some very special people that need to be thanked.
Delores at the reception in Bavaro was incredible- every question, request was made with a smile, patience and you walked away happy.Delores will do everything possible to make you happy.Once we arrived at the Royal in our beautiful room overlooking the pool and steps away from a beautiful beach,and our own jacuzzi, we had the best "butlers" their term,not ours. Melky and Leo were exceptional in meeting our every need and having all the patience to answer all of our questions. They greeted us with smiles everyday and insured that our stay was perfect.
We also wanted to thank our buggy driver,Eury, who was there to come and take us wherever on the prenises we need to go. This is a service at the hotel. And, if you want to start your day off right with the best crepes-go to the Las Torres buffet and say hello to Rosa--her great smile will start your day off in a great mood.
This resort is huge and includes the Bavara,Palladium,Punta Cana and Royal Suites. It is a beautiful resort, with gorgeous grounds and a beautiful white beach. We were always able to find a chair or hut on the beach. The staff are wonderful, and greet you with an Ola wherever you go.
My wife and I had a great time and were able to relax-a winning combination. The staff are wonderful and those that make your week-i encourage not to forget to give them a little something extra. To sum up, a thumbs up to the Grand Palladium and all I can say a la the emcee from the shows is whooo!!! LOL We hope to see all of our friends at the hotel real soon!
Bernie and Natalie
Montreal Canada

Room Tip: I highly suggest the Japanese and steak restaurants--the food was incredible. We were in the Royal S...
2 Thank broadwaybernie
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your preference in selecting us as your destination in Punta Cana. I also would like to extend our gratitude for sharing your experience on this trip and letting aware to future travelers to our destination about our excellent services. Iam delighted to hear that it has been excellent experience.

As a service-oriented company our goal is to achieve the total satisfaction of our guests and it is a pleasure to confirm that we have left on you a positive impression.

I reiterate our gratefulness.

Spring Church, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were upgraded to the royal. Great place, use the reservation service. The butler was very helpful. The pool and beach were excellent. Lots to drink! We had a great time. Lots of places to eat different from home in the US

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your preference in selecting Royal Suites Turquesa for your recent vacation. I also like to extend our gratitude for sharing your experience on this trip and let aware future travelers to our destination about our excellent services.

Besides our guests, our personnel is one of our most important assets that never cease in its effort to go above and beyond in order to satisfy all our guests’ needs.

Hope to be your home for a next visit to Punta Cana.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We Loved this resort! I've been to Jamaica 6 times, but on my first trip to Punta Cana, We were treated like royalty. We were offered an upgrade upon our late arrival. So, we took full advantage. The room service, the beer/wine mini bar, the Wi-Fi, our butler's Oscar & Esteban, Everything!
Our Butlers helped me plan a little surprise, for my boyfriends birthday / anniversary. Our housekeeper (5424), was perfect. Helpful, delightful, respectful, and detail oriented.
As far as service, most of the staff is pleasant. Easy going, some are entraining & engaging. Other's are tip driven (& tip at Your Own discretion. ) Delores is amazing bartender, pleasant & engaging.
Definitely would come back. Even with our children.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ALG61482
ltajes, Gerente at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the family of Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa, I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting us as your home in The Caribbean as well as for letting us know about your satisfaction on this trip.

Regarding to your opinion I would like to remind you that please be advice Royal Suites Turquesa is an adult section only however you can stay at Grand Palladium Palace or our new zone in Grand Palladium Bavaro.

We greatly appreciate your valuable comments and I will personally ensure to transmit your compliments.

Many thanks for recommending us to future travelers to our destination and we will be expecting your next visit.

Best Regards,

L. Takes.
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed in a swim up room, I believe it was called a romance suite. It was one of the one on the corners where the shower had a million spouts, the Jacuzzi is inside the room, and the deck by the pool is larger than the other rooms.

Arrival: They put is in a non swim up room and it took a few hours to straighten out. Room itself was very nice. Shower looked really cool but was awful. It's almost impossible to get working right, the door didn't stay on, and even when it is working right it's not like you can have all of the spouts going off at once. The A/C was good if you put it as low as possible, but the room was still really humid. I guess that's to be expected being so close to the pool, but it made our clothes mildly damp inside the room which was kind of gross feeling after a while. We also had ants that came out of one of the bathroom sinks.

Food: Ranged from really good to gross. We always went to the royal suites exclusive breakfast buffet. It's pretty good. Get used to eating a lot of eggs, potatoes, and bacon. Plenty of fruit as well. The japanese restaurant was our favorite, followed by mexican. The french one took a long time to get the food, brazillian wasn't very good, and we hated the spanish restaurant.

It's really simple to get around with the carts. Our butler was really nice.

The main pool and the beach were a 10/10. Clean, beautiful, and plenty of seating and towels. I expected to be offered fruit smoothies everywhere I went. I didn't really get that, but they did take me a pizza one day while we were on the beach, so that was nice...

Rain was never a problem, don't be scared of rain warnings on sites like weather.com. It said 30% every day for us but it only rained twice and it was very short when it did rain and at night.

We hardly drank any alcohol, but what is available is good and plentiful.

We did no excursions.

I'd probably go somewhere else for varieties sake next time, but this resort is nice and worth attending if you found an acceptable price.

Oh yeah, the TV had american stations, which my wife loved. The wifi wasn't incredible, but it worked well enough on our phones.

Room Tip: Swim ups rule, but be aware - they are a bit more humid than higher up rooms.
1 Thank Alex B
ltajes, Director General at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Besides our guests, our personnel is one of our most important assets that never cease in their effort to go beyond in order to satisfy all our guests’ needs so we are glad to hear everything was very good as you have already expressed.

Hope to be your home for a next visit to Punta Cana.

L. Tajes.