“Birthday Celebration”

TRS Turquesa Hotel
Ranked #47 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We want to say that housekeeper Yudelka and butler Providencia made our friend's 50th birthday extra special by beautifully decorating her room, helping us to make dinner reservations, and ordering a cake. Yudelka and Providencia were always helpful and available. Thank you both.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shannon P
ltajes, Resident Manager at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We are very thankful for your kindness in dedicating your valuable time to comment your experience with us.

At The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium we strive with devotion to offer our guests delightful memories back home. Thank you for pointing out our staff was able to make this vacation unforgettable. I am pleased to know that Providencia and Yudelka did their best to make your stay special.

We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Service was great, beaches are beautiful, very nice trip. Would definitely come back. Food could be better, though. It was good, just not great on meals. Everything else was fantastic. The local rum and coffee were delicious, as well as cigars.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Jeffrey R

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for having taken some of your precious time to share your recent experience at our Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium. The feedback of our customers is of the greatest assistance to us since is the best way to let future travelers know about our excellent services and facilities.

Can’t wait to your next visit.

Regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

My holidays was perfect in all ! Royal Suites are Very cleaning beautiful and The persone who work there are Very Nice! I The restaurant, all The restaurant, are Good! The Beach and all of, are Very Kind! We had a Good holidays! Thank's a Lot !

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gloria M
ltajes, Gerente at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you taking some of your valuable time to share your impressions about your vacations at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium.

We really appreciate your gentleness in addressing us your feedbacks toward our personal and facilities please receive our warmest regards since your total satisfaction is our goal to reach and it is a pleasure to confirm we have already achieved.

Kindest regards,

L Takes.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was my fiancé's and mines first trip to Punta Cana. We went with a group of friends, all the 3 couples were upgraded rooms to the royal suites from the Grand Palladium when we walked in! The rooms were large and each had a large balcony or terrace. Some nice touches such as the pass through window for room service. Double vanity with large shower and toilet area. Jacuzzi tub, king bed, and sitting area. Had one issue with room we were in at first. the room above us, the tub began to leak into our room. We quickly were given a new room in less than 15 minutes! Each building in the royal suites are surrounded by private pool, very nice to be able to swim at night here, since most pools in the resort close at 7.

The grounds are beautiful with all covered walk ways. Peacocks and peahens roam free and are neat to find when out walking.

The royal pool was very nice, with decent swim up pool bar. The beach is wonderful with plenty of shade and places to lay out and relax. Excellent beach server named Gina, took care of us the whole week!

The Grand Palladium resort is huge, lots of walking involved, but they do have a train and golf carts to take you around if needed. The nightly entertainment is mediocre, the offer 2 shows a night which are on the other side of the resort, also in each lobby are local singers to keep the night going. The shows are at 9 and 10 and the disco (club) does not open till 11 after the second show. The shows are pretty good.

Staff is very friendly. There is a small language challenge with some of the staff. The front line staff like bar tenders and front desk receptionist all speak decent English, but maids and maintenance staff have difficulty understand certain things.

Food was good but nothing to write home about. The buffets are very busy and the a la carte need reservations to even get close to sitting down.

Overall the resort was good, but certain things could be better to make this an exceptional resort. Bottom line, would I go back? yes

Room Tip: 3rd floor room, so no chance of leaks from tubs or showers above you, also 3rd floor room if wanting...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ssm8787

Dear Guest,

Thank you taking some of your valuable time to share your impressions through tripadvisor about your recent experience at The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium.

Kindest regards,

L Takes.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Excellent service, Great Food and All the Beverage attention you could want. Will hate to have to go home.

The Beaches were great with relaxing Coconut Palms.

Excellent service and the food at all of the specialty restaurants was great.

Room Tip: Get a swim up suite by the pool
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rob V

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your preference in selecting Royal Suites Turquesa for your recent vacation.

I also like to extend our gratitude for sharing your experience on this trip and let aware future travelers to our destination about our excellent services.

Besides our guests, our personnel is one of our most important assets that never cease in their effort to go beyond in order to satisfy all our guests’ needs so we are glad to hear everything was very excelent as you have already expressed.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future to offer you an other memorable stay.

L. Tajes.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were 4 couples very excited to go to that hotel but.....we stayed two weeks in September 2013 and after reading the reviewes since than, I decided to put one in. First when arrived the AC was not working in the room and the shower was leaking. We asked to change room and it took 36 hours to be done. In our next room in the middle of the night around 0200 Am our bed collapsed. I did report it at the front desk and the person a the desk asked me what we were doing to get the bed to collapse...come on show some respect I am 56 years old!!! By the way every time we had a request put in at the front desk it seems to be the end of the world. We tried through our butler but he was invisible for our two weeks stay...

The positive part was the beach. Very nice but had to show up early around 0600 to get a decent spot.....The a la carte restaurant at The chanterelle was good but the other restaurants forget it. Took about 45 minutes to be asked for our order at the italian restaurant and food was served cold, at the Bresilian restaurant nobody amoung our group finished their meal as it was disguting. The japenese restaurant with the show was excellent but we were rushed to leave after 45 minutes for the next group....

At the buffet for breakfeast we had to get up ourselves to get some coffee as the service was so slow and the staff was insulted by our action but we wanted coffee with our breakfeast and very often the food was cold........Now the buffet at lunch served close to the beach I never had some much pizza and pasta of my life during a vacation as the food was not very good and I am not a picky eater. At the counter where they were serving hot dogs and hamburgers you could detect that smell of sewage which was so disgusting....

The gym was scheduled to open I believe at 0700 Am but personnel was late 10 days out of 13 showing up around 0730-0745. I did report the situation to the front desk but here again nothing was done....

The transportation at night was a joke specially to get back in our section. In some instance after calling the front desk it took 30 minutes to get transportation....

Lots of chairs around the pool in our section were broken etc......

People might think this critic is exaggerated but it is not. I have been travelling twice a years for two weeks stay the last 12 years and I have been to Cayo Levantado hotel in DR 3 times, Majestic Colonial hotel in DR twice, Royal PLaya Del Carmen, Eldorado Seadise Suites and Valentin Imperial at the Riviera Maya and got married at the Royal Hideway Ensenachos in Cuba in 2008....We went to the Secrtes hotel in Huatulco last march and we will be leaving soone for the Royalton at Santa Maria. I think I have some experience and it is hard to believe that some people have attented the Royal Suites Turquesa at numerous occasions. Try other hotels and you will see the difference and please people feel free to write me if you have any questions..Thank you...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Pierre A
ltajes, Gerente at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for having selected the Royal suites Turquesa by Palladium as well as for the time you have taken to post your review after stay with us. We are very concerned for the fact that your stay with us was not as you expected; so we would like to take this opportunity to express our sincerest regret by the situations described.

In reference to the restaurants, it is worthy to mention that the a la carte restaurants are open without reservations; however, they are subject to availability. According to the number of guests that chose a certain restaurant, it may happen that some of the restaurants do not have availability at the given time. However there is a waiting list, in the evening we normally offer a wide variety of restaurants, both buffets as well as a la carte, in order to guarantee our guests several excellent alternatives at all times.

We truly regret and apologize for the impression you may have received due to the attitude of some of our staff it is not in any way the image that we want to project. We neither encourage nor accept unfair treatment; all of our guests deserve to be attended with respect and courtesy. Even though I can assure you that we continuously work with our staff in order to improve the quality of our services.

Regarding the whole context of your opinion we have realized that despite of our efforts we have not been able to reach at all your expectations concerning our service and facilities, you may rest assure that your observations have been taken with maximum interest therefore action plans are in motions to keep improving our service or facilities.

If in your next trip your plans are toward Punta Cana please let us know and we will be very attentive to offer you an uneventful stay.

L Tajes.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Swim out rooms are absolutely lovely and previously indicated in reviews. The food is awful in all sense except the Mexican where I order the Grilled Beef Arr (not sure of the spelling) however, it so delicious and the other dinner that I enjoyed in 7 days, it was so good that I had to repeat it just to get a decent dinner meal.

Now let me get into the real deal why I named it the "bait and switch hotel" I made my reservation with the hotel in Jan 2014 and never once did they inform me that during that time renovations were scheduled to begin. I arrived July 31 and on August 2 the hotel passed out a memo indicating that the main Royal Suites pool and swim up bar will be closed indefinite what a bummer. My communication was with the hotel manager. I am a travel agent and booked this trip for myself and twelve others who were celebrating special events, birthdays, anniversaries and retirements. Well they were spot on in decorating the rooms for the birthdays and anniversaries which I was very pleased and satisfied.

Day 1 and 2 were treated like royalty, however, after that you are basically on your own, I was informed because it was such a large party, to make all arrangements upon my arrival, however, when I arrived before the group and attempted to make the reservations, I was informed by the butler assigned to building Angel that reservations could not be made until all parties arrived because they needed room numbers. Understandable, however, we are talking only a day before, so you would think those room number would have been assigned. When the group arrived and it was time to make the reservations well, everything was "BOOKED"

We requested Japanese and the butler failed to tell us that there are 3 seating for Japanese and when we arrived and thought we would be seated for hot station we were seated all the way in the back for a la cart and we requested to be changed we were told your butler should have informed you and nothing could be done because it was full. In addition, we are mixed raced and come in various colors and for some reason we were always placed either in far back or off to the side whereas, other with large parties were seated in the general seating area. All I can say is what the He_ _ and to say we were very good tippers the waiters always wanted our table due to the tips they received. Our butler Angel started out being very attentive and slowing that services turned into I am sorry there is nothing I can do. However, Luisa the housekeeper was absolutely "GREAT" and we showed our appreciation to her in tips and gifts.

The hotel is somewhat dated and in need of upgrade, the deck planks on the swim out suites are loose and there are a lot of missing pool tiles.

It is a waiting game for transportation unless you are with the "Travelers Club" and then you get first class treatment, even for RS guest which is supposed to be royal treatment. You are told you have access to the entire property, however, they fail to tell except the "Travelers Club section of the hotel. We ventured to that portion of the beach was relaxing in the hammocks when we asked to leave. The staff person indicated he could not speak English, however, he knew enough to ask us to leave, however, when we asked why he indicated he did not understand or speak English - go figure.

The food is the same in all the restaurants - the lobster are all soft and the beef is rare or either charred outside and total rare inside. They have a few shrimp dishes which are edible. The buffets are not appealing to the eye - everything is cold, and because it is so many people looked picked over.

The best bar is the Hemingway which is located in back of the Bavaro. You can get all premium liquor (Hennessy, Grey Goose, etc) at the Hemingway and the Royal Suites Lobby. All others bar just serve headache alcohol. Also, in the restaurants you have to ask for top shelf liquor otherwise they serve you headache alcohol. Here again, we were told as a guest of the RS you would get only top shelf, however, they try to switch until you call them on it. Also, if you are a big tipper, they will serve you top shelf.

In my personal opinion, I will never patronize Palladium hotels again even though the hotel had hit and misses, it had more misses. They are renovating some of the building to include the main pool and swim up, however, unless they change the CHEFS the renovation will not be enough to satisfy there guests. Palladium put money back into getting trained chefs for the various type of restaurants to ensure proper preparation and cooking - Lobsters should be firm not hard or soft, steak should be tender and cooked to order not TAR TAR. In addition, stop putting all the left over sausages, hot dogs and potatoes on the breakfast menu. The bacon should be cooked not raw some meats have to be prepared to a certain temperature - which is not the case there. As for the wait staff in the restaurants - it is a lot of them, however, they are not quick about bring you drinks or taking your order. Please don't bother with room services it is AWFUL order fruit, pastries, coffee and juice only.

Finally, my positive spin on this review is that I absolutely loved the swim up and where you walk directly into the pool and not have grass in between as in other hotels that I have stayed.

Room Tip: Swim out is the only way to go or the villa swim out.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SonniKnox
ltajes, Manager at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly recieve our gratirude for your preference in selecting The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium. The feedback of our customers is of the greatest assistance to us.

We truly lament that we were not be able to far exceed your expectations and that your stay was somewhat marred by the incidents you mention. This is not the image that we want to project. Please receive our most sincere apology for any inconvenience you may have endured.

As far as your comment related to the renovation, in your case, when we communicated by e-mail about your booking, the owners of the company had not yet decided to perform the refurbishing. It is very important to stand out that our company takes very seriously the requests of our guests, which is why we continuously keep on innovating our services and facilities.

We reiterate our apologies and if your future vacation plans point towards Punta Cana for a next trip please let us know, we would be delighted to assist you and thus provide you a pleasant and uneventful stay.

Resident Manager

Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville Don Pablo Collection
Alsol Luxury Village
Alsol Luxury Village
#86 of 112 in Punta Cana

Been to TRS Turquesa Hotel? Share your experiences!