Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$334
Excellence Resorts
  • Free Breakfast
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$208
US$331
  • Free Breakfast
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$293
  • Free Breakfast
Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$353
  • Free Breakfast
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$4,000
US$379
  • Free Breakfast
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$516
US$574
Bookit.com
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$334
  • Free Breakfast
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$412
Barcelo.com
2,909 results
All reviewspreferred poolpreferred clubbluewater grilllil waynejulia robertsbreathless resortentertainment teamthe blue water grillpreferred areaprivate pooladult only poolfrench restaurantpreferred roomfamily vacationsister resortpreferred statusscooby doo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Now Onyx is truly as beautiful as all of the pictures. Our travel agent had originally suggested Now Larimar but we landed on Now Onyx because it was going to be about a year and a half old by the time of our wedding. Honestly it was pristine. Every day we saw maintenance guys out doing something to keep it looking great. Touching up little scratches in paint or up on ladders fixing things or working on flower beds. The level of care for the upkeep of the resort was impressive.

Our Butler Cristian was truly so sweet and so helpful! He took our stay to another level. He checked in on us often and was quick to answer our questions via WhatsApp. What most impressed us was on our second day my husband hit his head coming out of the party pool at breathless. (In my oppinion they have a clear design flaw which they know about and they should do something to fix it because we saw countless people do the same thing). He hit his head and was bleeding, they wanted him to go to the medical place but would not tell us how much basic first aid or just seeing the Dr would cost. We declined that service and decided to just clean him up in our room with our first aid kit--he is totally healed and fine by the way. Liquid bandaid is a fabulous little help on vacation ;). Cristian within two hours had messaged us and was making sure Sean was okay. He wanted to find us so that he could make sure we were doing great and see if there was anything we could do. We didn't even tell him anything had happened, he heard about it and reached out on his own. So sweet! Cristian was so helpful and so quick to find us answers that we needed through out our stay. Even on the day he had a different shift he messaged us to let us know what time he would be there if we needed him. Truly above and beyond.

We were there for our wedding so 42 of our family and friends came along. Both of our sisters had Angel as their butler. We met Angel the first day and he knew we were the bride and groom and that he was the Butler for our sisters. Every time we saw him he checked on us also! It wasn't even his job to do so. He was just as sweet.

Manuela was our wedding coordinator. She was fabulous. One thing I really loved about her was that she knew what worked well for the resort! If we had a question she had an answer about what worked best. Her experience is very evident in all she does. Our wedding day was honestly perfect. She suggested to me that we pick a bride processional as well as one for our wedding party but I had only picked one because we only had a small wedding party and I thought there's no way we need two. Boy was i wong. It is a LONG walk down the aisle and you definitely will need a second song. It worked out fine they just played it again--but that was totally on me not on her. Trust her she knows what she is doing!! I only thing I wasn't 100% in love with was the DJ service at our reception. He didn't really use our list of music that we had provided or play songs people had requested. But we still all had an amazing time so we can't really complain. It absolutely down poured during our reception and the power went out twice momentarily but we didn't let it stop us. We danced and sang in the rain until the rain stopped and they turned the music back on. It was perfect and I wouldn't change it.

The rest of our stay was amazing. We stayed in the preferred club private pool room and it was just amazing. It wasn't damp and it did not smell bad. Our fridge guy hooked have up with many many extra bottles of water after we left him a note and a tip the first day. It was in a great location and very easy to get to all parts of the resort and breathless. We did notice as we were packing up that other people had left things way under the bathroom counter so we pulled them out for the housekeeper because clearly she missed them from before we stayed and we missed them for 11 days haha.

The swim up preferred bar was our favorite--Starlin and Cristian we're fabulous! We loved them and they loved us we hope! Gustavo was also fantastic bringing countelss drinks to our private pool for us!

The restraunts were delicious with Bluewater grill being my favorite! Jonathan was truly so so fun to have as a server. We love him! Restraunts at breahtless were wonderful as well. The head chef at the Carnival buffet came to see us a few times to ask us how our food was she seemed to take a lot of pride in her work :)

One thing I did not love about our stay was the preferred concierge came to see us after my husband hit his head and after it rained at our reception. She had some paperwork for us. I glanced through it and asked if I could keep it to better read it. She let me. Then a few days later she came back asking if I had signed it and I had not so I asked for another day. I read it over and one was signing up to get our next stay within one year upgraded to our current room status at the lowest room price. The other was a non disclosure agreement. Which I was a little confused about. I wasn't sure if it was in regards to the injury or the reception but I did not feel right about signing it and I also felt extremely pressured to do so. I didnt sign it and she seemed taken aback by that. I wanted to be able to write an honest review. I am sure she was just doing her job but it majorly rubbed me the wrong way.

Over all our stay was amazing and all.of our wedding guests loved their time!! A few had tummy troubles and two of them did get pretty sick but they recovered relatively quickly after they got home. And honestly that was to be expected when traveling abroad, usually something doesn't agree with someone so I can't hold it against the resort. Just a part of life. The nightlife at Breathless was fabulous and we went there basically every night. The beach was beautiful. The people were all so amazing. We loved it so very much.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jellybean414
NowOnyxPC, General Manager at Now Onyx Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Jellybean414,

Thank you for celebrating your Wedding with us and for your review. We are glad to know that overall, you had a good time, and that we could exceed your expectations with most of our services. We are always ready to improve and we will have your heads up on account. We here remain at your disposal, and look forward to welcoming you back anytime.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Now Onyx Punta Cana truly exceeded my expectations. This trip was through my husband’s work group (Senior Select Insurance Group) and we decided to bring our 3 year old with us. I can’t tell you enough about the incredible staff at the resort. Angelo (our morning butler) was respectful, professional, and simply wonderful. The pools were phenomenal, family friendly, and well staffed. Our absolute favorite person on this trip was Angelania who worked around the pool and was also part of the entertainment team. When I say this woman took her shoes and socks off to play with our toddler in the pool, I’m not exaggerating. She was absolutely amazing!!!! She danced with our girl, played with her, and even covered her when she fell asleep on a pool chair. We have traveled a lot with my husband’s company (Mexico, The Bahamas, DR) and I can say with all honesty that I would go back to Now Onyx for another trip!! There wasn’t a person at the resort that didn’t great you with a big smile. I walked up to one of the bars around the pool to see the staff singing together and dancing. Talk about a positive work environment. I am looking forward to visiting in the future.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
NowOnyxPC, General Manager at Now Onyx Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear thompsoncindy10,

Thank you for staying with us and for your amazing review. It is good to know that you enjoyed your vacation with us, and that we could exceed your expectations with our entertainment and our friendly service. Angelania and Angelo will be happy to get your kind comments. Now Onyx Punta Cana is your home, and you are always welcome back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This resort was beautiful,You could stay in the prettiest resort,but its about the people & the service that truly makes it the best. Our most favorite people worked at the preferred pool & preferred pool bar. NELLIS & CRISTIAN CLETO. Nellis was so fun,so sweet,she definitely goes above & beyond to make each person feel special. I could honestly say she was more attentive to our needs than our butler was (no disrepect to him intended). She really made us feel like she cared. She was awesome with everyone too. Every single person smiled any time she walked by or when they finished talking with her. We also had a blast with Cristian our last full day there,he was teaching us how to speak spanish & making us laugh the whole day. I wish I could take these 2 & our guy Marcelino that used to work at Breathless next door when we stayed there in 2015 & put all 3 of them in one resort,I would return to that place year after year with no questions asked.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank debbielmattis

Dear debbielmattis,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you and for your review. We are glad to know that overall, you had a good time, and that we could exceed your expectations with most of our services. We apologize for any mishap you may have experienced regarding our VIP host service. We strive to deliver a personalized service to our Preferred guests, and your experience is not our standard. We here remain at your disposal, and look forward to welcoming you back anytime.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Coming from somebody who is well versed In all inclusives look no further than the now onyx. This place is the definition of perfection. We hosted our wedding here and everything went flawless and it was a fairy tale. My wife has never been happier. Further more I would like to mention that I am 29yrs old but our guests ranged from 19-83 and each and every person was accommodated for. The food is very good for all inclusives and they had no problem getting us in to any restaurant al a carte . We heard everyone on the plane home complaining about the food the now onyx does the food right. The whole resort had the friendliest staff I’ve ever seen and absolutely accommodating.everything is “my pleasure”. The drinks are delicious and there is top shelf booze available everywhere (just make sure to ask for it). As per the preferred service... this is something I never have elected to pay for but it was my wedding. If you can afford it I say go for it, if not then save the money. The butler we had “zoro” aka zorillia (spelling? Sorry zoro) is an absolute master of his trade and is 5/5. The now onyx has the best of both worlds for young people and older as it has full access to the more party atmosphere the breathless. I could go on and on but I shouldn’t need to say any more, if your debating about now onyx stop! And just book it already!!!

Special shoutouts to :

Butler zoro
The best bartender in the place Christian (preferred pool bar)
Honorable mentions- buenvienedo and David bartenders
The maid services were the best I’ve ever had
And of course our wedding coordinator Manuela was amazing.

-Korey and Kayla

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank kor_and_coob

Dear kor_and_coob,

Thank you for celebrating your Wedding with us and for your review. We love to know that you had 'Excelente' time, and that we could exceed your expectations, especially with our service at the Preferred Club. Please be sure that we will share your kind comments with all the Team, and recognize them for delivering a great experience to you. Now Onyx Punta Cana is your home, and you are always welcome back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our butler Zorrilla was awesome, always available, helpful and checked on us regularly! Ask for him whenever you visit. The resort was extremely clean and plenty of amenities on resort. Loved it all!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daren H

Dear Daren H,

Thank you for staying with us and for your lovely review. It is good to know that you liked the exclusive services and amenities offered at our Preferred Club, and the friendly service from our Team, especially Zorrilla. Now Onyx Punta Cana is your home, and you are always welcome back.

Best regards,