We just got back from our week long trip for our honeymoon. We had a great time. The majority of the reviews we read were right on with their reviews. The grounds and views are amazing. Everywhere you looked there was something beautiful.
Overall I would say this is a great resort. This is the first all in clusive we have visited and will probably do again in the future. The drinks were continually flowing, and you had many options to choose from. The food was hit and miss. We liked the room service for breakfast. The Blue Marlin had some really good food, I got a lobster dinner the first night and was impressed, along with the calimari (which was very good). The Wok restaurant was probably our favorite as we ate there twice, once at the grill, and then once outside. The Italian restaurant was probably the worst out of all of them, not that it wasn't edible, but just wasn't up to what I would consider 5 star quality. The same could be said for the Steakhouse. The salad we got at the steakhouse (with jalepnos, chipolte dressing, etc) was excellent. We were disappointed in the quality of the meat. I got a ribeye and it was ok, but my wife got the sirloin and it was really tuff. I guess coming from Texas we know what good beef can really taste like. The dessert wasn't the best either. She got a brownie with ice cream, and it tasted like one of the little Debbie brownies you can buy, definetly wasn't made there.
We were luck to be upgraded to a honeymoon suite with the private pool on top of the castle. Loved the view and the private pool. The room was spacious. Only had two issues with the room. The bed really really squeaked. Not sure if it needs a rug under it or what, but it was kinda bothersome. Also for a king size bed in a honeymoon suite, it would be nice to have a king mattress, and not two twin mattresses put together. The bed slept well though. The only other thing I noticed was that the bathtub need a really good cleaning, had rust spots around the drain. We only used the shower, which was very good.
We only did one excursion, the buggy ride. It was fun riding in the dune buggys. And it was worth it just to see the cave and swimming hole at the end of the trip.
We did use the spa, which was very nice. She had several treatments, and we had the couples massage on the beach which was nice, although a little strange to walk across the resort in nothing but a robe to the beach area.
Our only other issue came at checkout when we went to pay for what we had charged. We were given a 200 resort credit to use toward certain things (wine, meal, spa, etc). We were also supposed to receive a 15% discount on all spa services as a result of our honeymoon package. We didn't receive the 15% discount, and when I brought it up I was told we couldn't use it because we had used the coupons given to us to use at the spa and they couldn't be used together. I went back and forth with them saying we were never told that, and why would you give two different things for the same service but only allow us to use one? They couldn't give me an answer. They kept saying it was on the back of the coupon, but couldn't show me one saying it. I found one of our coupons we hadn't used and showed it to them showing nowhere on it did it state that, but they still refused to give us the discount.
Overall it was a great resort, the service from waiters, bartenders, etc was exceptional. They were always willing to help. The beaches and views were amazing! Would go back if we can get a good deal!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Expedia, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort