“A dream of a honeymoon!”

Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol
Ranked #42 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“A dream of a honeymoon!”
Reviewed 22 April 2011

My husband and I made the trip to Cap Cana following our April 9th wedding. We stayed from April 11th - 18th. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by smiling faces and the most pleasant staff members. When we checked into our room it was beautiful however not exactly what we had in mind, Kary the head concierge immediately found us a villa that was available and beach front! It was perfect. She came to our old room and picked us up and took us to our new room so quickly!

During our seven nights - we never came across a staff member that was not smiling, they are always "excellente". The resort is beautiful however it is the people that work there that make it truly wonderful. The food was great to us - we have never been to an all inclusive resort so we have nothing to compare it to but we thought everything was great! Our favorite spots were Wok for dinner - the sushi is to die for and the hibachi is delicous as well.

Some people that we would like to recognize would be Jesus - working at the various restaurants at night and poolside durning the day, Kayla and Willy Wonka with entertainment. Cesearn - he took care of us at dinner almost every night and was so attentive to all our needs!!! Kary - head concierge is an amazing women who loves her job and it shows! These people all deserve a raise. We love them like family and hope to see them all again in the future.

It was truly a trip to remember.

Love,

The "PEACES"!!! (Stephanie and Eric)

2 Thank spease9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,197)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 April 2011

WOW....after being home for a full day after leaving SSCC all that my fiance and I can think about is our amazing experience had at Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana. From the moment we arrived greeted with a "welcome home" to the moment we left with hugs and handshakes farewell, this place is truly special. If you want an amazing experience you should treat yourself to a vacation of fun and relaxation at SSCC.
The food was fantastic, room service was quick when we ordered at 2 pm and 3 am. Our minibar was always replenished and had a great mix of beverages. We had no problem ordering drinks and the resort had several types of top shelf liquor to choose from for every category (rum, tequila, vodka, cordials, etc.) even the house Savignon Blac was very good. Bernardo at the pool bar was AMAZING! My fiance Josh, aka Pablo, and I had a fresh drink ready when we were "on empty" and even had food delivered from the cafe to the pool when we were hungry. The entertainment staff, Willy, Usher, and Keyla, were fantastic and always made sure we were having fun. We enjoyed the entertainment provided at night and my fiance loved that they played a NBA game at night (per multiple guests requests) on the big screen on the beach that he enjoyed from our balcony. They played movies nightly.
Our room was the lowest category room but was of extreme luxury, (see pictures attached). It had a great view and was plenty large enough for us. a small issue we had was that the water from the shower came onto the floor in the main bathroom area (maybe a pitching problem) but we put a towel down and solved the concern. The Caribbean decor was perfect for the resort and I loved the incense they provided ( It can be purchased at the spa and I am burning it now as I am writing this review..tears..:-)
The restaurants were very good with minor issues with slow service in the Blue Marlin but who is in a hurry to go anywhere when you are in such a beautiful place! I did mention this to a manager as we left the restaurant and I could tell that he was concerned as well and immediately went into the restaurant. Coming from Chicago which in my opinion has fantastic restaurants I was very pleased with all of out meals from room service to the restaurants. Other guests I spoke to felt similar.
We are getting married at the resort in December and we met with Grisell (filling in for the week for Maria) who did an amazing job answering our questions and showing us all of the beautiful options available at the resort. She showed us different room options for our guests and was so accommodating to all of our inquisitions.
The grounds were gorgeous, the pools were the perfect temperature, and the beach while does have some coral, was very nice. We walked to Juanillo Beach and enjoyed FREE kayaks and the beach goes for miles.
I really don't understand how anyone could not love this place. We left feeling like we were family and I just cannot say how excited we are to share this experience with our wedding party, family, and friends this December!

2 Thank lmsulentic
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 April 2011

We had a wonderful experience at this Secrets Resort in Cap Cana, DR. The check in process, accommodations, room service, and atmosphere of this adults only property were excellent. The staff was extremely professional and courteous at all times. The downsides of the property are few but do exist. There are some aggressive sales tactics for room upgrades and also for time-share sales disguised as "tours" of various nearby properties. The food is wonderful and there are large menus at each of the restaurant's on the property, it is not at all the typical buffet fare of some other all-inclusive properties. The staff will work hard to accommodate nearly any request. The resort is beautiful. The rooms are comfortable and spacious with modern features like plasma tv's with premium cable and ipod alarm clocks. We had a excellent experience and would consider staying at another Secrets Resort because of this experience.

Room Tip: If you can afford the upgrade, go for a beach vila
2 Thank acravanas
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Fantastic food, fun activities, awesome activity staff and bartenders, we can't wait to go back!

1 Thank krimil
Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed 20 April 2011

We returned yesterday from a wonderful and memorable time. I have been checking this site since December to see the reviews and make a decision. We read many good ones and some very bad ones. After being to Secrets Maroma in Mexico and then to this one in the D.R, I must say that Secrets Cap was a better experience. There were too many wonderful things that far surpassed the minor ones.
When we arrived we had a big problem with reservations. We booked through I Preferred who made a mistake. It had nothing to do with Secrets. Marco Pena and Olliver did their best to accommodate us and make everything better. DO NOT BOOK WITH
I Preferred. Use Reservations at Secrets themselves.
We stayed in a Honeymoon Suite with plunge pool on the top of the Fortress. The room was perfect. The view and the private deck were unlike any I have experienced in my travels. The room had no musty smells, no problems with the headboard, the bed was comfortable, the furniture and bathrooms were new and the furnishings were Asian inspired. There was recessed, romantic lighting, wooden beams with spotlights, and hardwood floors set in stone tiles. Gorgeous! There were no mosquitoes or bugs, only lovely birds. And there was hot water all the time. Maroma is a newer resort so the buildings are hotel like. Also, the grounds are mostly concrete pathways. It is more apartment like. You have to be in the preferred buildings to get a view of the ocean and one large one way in the back above the lobby. At Sanctuary Cap the rooms are sprawled out so that all rooms, except those in the back get a view of the ocean. The maid service was perfect and each night we had turn down. They work so hard. The only one thing about the room was that the mini fridge sometimes cooled and sometimes did not. Needs to be replaced. Forgot to tell them. Also, one wooden blind was broken, but no one from the ocean could fly up and see us so that did not matter. I always kept the curtains pulled back. It would be nice to have screen doors so that we could hear the ocean waves.
Each morning we ordered a carafe of coffee and a plate of fruit to our room. It always came and they would call to let us know it was on its way. They would say in 40 minutes but it never took that long. We did not have any room service other than that. Yes the Fortress is a little walk away, but is a so nice through lush grounds covered in flowers and cobblestone walkways. The Fortress is also Asian inspired and quiet. This place is not for partiers. It is for a relaxing, romantic and secluded retreat. The 3 pools were large and always had a lounge chairs open. I did not see one nude bather or drunk person. The people were middle aged, not youngins.
The service was good. The waiters all understood our English. We never had a problem communicating and I always asked them to repeat our order to be sure. We only drink on vacation so the wine was ok and the mixed drinks were great. Sometimes they were too strong and I asked for light. I guess if you regularly drink and know your stuff, then the house is not good enough. Understandable. They also had a variety of beers.
Every night there was a show, movies on the beach, and "secrets' to share like cigar making, or a tour of something.
Most people do not realize that this resort has access to three beaches. It has its own, then a private one beyond the monarch ocean front villas that is secluded. I even skinny dipped by moonlight there and not a soul was in sight! And to the side of the Fortress there was a public beach, not many people and we walked for miles.
The food was the only thing that was not up to par to Maroma's. It was hit and miss. They are working on it. Dinner at the Steakhouse was perfect, desserts not so. The Blue Marlin for lunch had slow service but good fish and beautiful outdoor dining in the ocean. The Italian had great service and outdoor seating, but not good food. The Wok hibachi table was the best. Did not dine outside. The breakfast at Casa Bella was good, lunches not so special. Desserts at Casa Bella for lunch were the best.
Marco Pena asked our opinions for improvement. The staff really takes feedback and applies it. They are kind, hard working people aimed to please.It was upscale, beautiful and romantic. It was a wonderful trip and I would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Just ask the Rooms Division Manager.
2 Thank dakrou
Reviewed 20 April 2011

We stayed 8 days and didn't want to leave. I am very picky about everything and it was great. When we arrived the latch on the sliding door wasnt working, I called they fixed it instantly. Our room had the best views and its own pool. I would do some research on rooms, they have so many types to choose from. Special thanks to Kary for helping us with that. The food was great, some restaurants were better than others but all had some great food. What we really liked is that the resort was not packed full of people. We normally are not ones to attend resort entertainment however we found ourselves enjoying it almost every night we stayed at the hotel. The staff worked so hard to make everything perfect and I am shocked some visitors do not tip. My only bad experience happened when leaving the hotel for an excursion that I planned through a separate tour operator. If you can't have a great time here you probably won't anywhere.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank jeffsuder
Reviewed 19 April 2011

My wife and I just stayed at the resort, we were so excited about everything e ven we join Unlimited vacation club! We tough that would be a regular time share presentation, but the program is so flexible that we just loved it. Luis Oberhauser, the UVC manager, was not pushy and honest, we highly recommend to join the club if you like to vacation.

• Stayed March 2011