I have never written a vacation review before, but my trip to Secrets in Punta Cana, Domenican Republic, was so amazing, that I decided to share my experience. My wife and I are 33, from St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A, and stayed from July 17-21, 2011.
The resort is small and quaint, allowing you to get to know the staff, find some new friends (if you wish), or simply do your own thing. Aqua-marine waters open up to deep blue oceans, making an incredible backdrop. The weather is much more temperate than Can Cun or the Maya Riviera. We had steady, beautiful temperatures in the low 90's, with ocean breezes, much unlike our previous trips to Mexico where the sun felt over-powering at times.
The resort has several options for dining, all of which require long pants for men. The two that stood out were the steakhouse, and the Asian restaurant. Don't expect American-style steak, but from the appetizers, to main course, to dessert, a wonderful meal. The Asian restaurant was what you would expect from a better Japanese restaurant in the states; Beautiful and serene in decor, with food that is flavorful and familiar. Both places were fantastic, however, only open for dinner. The place we ate at most frequently was the Blue Marlin. Open for lunch and dinner, with different menus, you can choose anything from burgers and fries, traditional Paella, mahi-mahi, to a very interesting lobster dinner. The hostesses, who we saw for nearly every meal, were extremely friendly and charismatic. Over all, this was the best resort food we have ever had outside the U.S.
This was also the best staff we have ever encountered. The entertainment crew- people named Frank the Tank, Willy Wonka, Mickey Mouse- were unbelievably energetic, memorable, and always involved with something for the guests. The poolside bartenders, Gilberto and Roberto, as well as the poolside waitor, Raphael, served every drink with a smile (which is a lot of smiles). If there were 200 guests in this resort, there were at least 100 employees (a ratio of at least 2:1, if not better).
I also highly recommend the Spa. It has everything a vacationer could ask for: A beautiful, serene layout, extremely accomodating staff, as well as extensive offerings and ammenities.
Overall, this was the best vacation we have taken in our 8 years of travelling together, and are recommending Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana to everyone we know. Every couple that we spoke to at the resort, agreed with all of the compliments that I have just written about. Choose this resort, and you can thank me later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort