Let me start by saying that I am NOT easily impressed. I am super picky and I have very high expectation. I like getting my money's worth and we spent a lot of it. I have also travel extensively and have stayed in many beautiful places. But Sanctuary Cap Cana has thus far topped them all.
My husband and I are not much for entertainment so we can't review that area for you. So let me tell you about the rooms we had at Sanctuary. Yes, I meant rooms. We stayed in two rooms while we were there. Our first room was the Junior Suite Ocean View room. What impressed me most was the terrace we had. It was the roof of the building. It was huge and had a nice jacuzzi on it and was TOTALLY private. The ocean view from this huge terrace, with a Bali bed and 4 lounge chairs with cushions, was amazing. We didn't have to leave this room at all. The living room, bedroom and bathroom were alright but that terrace was impressive. Perfect for me because I love tanning and just laying out and enjoying my time alone with my husband.
While there, my husband (celebrating 36 years of marriage) and I decided to ask if there was a Royalty Villa Room by the spa available for us to see and check out. There was. And they were more than willing to show it to us. Well...that villa was truly amazing...every part of it. So we upgraded to it and we had an amazing time in that villa. Every part of that villa was beautiful. Now, we really didn't want to leave that room. The view from that villa was amazing (right on the beach) and it was very private. I know I am using the word 'amazing' a lot, but I just can't help it. It was amazing. The big round jacuzzi with big windows allowing us to look out into the ocean was truly amazing.
Their restaurants were beautiful and their service was great. Food is important to me because I am a picky eater. The food was fantastic. And the service was the best we've ever had and we have had some pretty good service in the past at our other vacations spots.
I do not recommend room service. It was just OK.
I highly recommend Sanctuary Cap Cana. We stayed in the main hotel. We also checked out the Castle which is part of their property and there are just no words to describe that area. We will go back for sure! We loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort