“The Best Staff”

Ranked #42 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
DeSoto, Texas
“The Best Staff”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

At the Sanctuary, my husband and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary! The staff at the Sanctuary made sure our stay was 1st class! Keila was apart of the entertainment. After the first round of horseshoes, she was calling us by name and created a wonderful atmosphere of family. We met Rocky during a Spanish lesson, and he became our go-to-guy for any need that we may have had, which were few. Menor was everywhere, making our stay fun with his playful antics and great smile. Richard, Saul, and Caterina were all contributors in making our stay wonderful! As you can tell, for us, vacation was about relaxation and time together, and it was also about connecting with the staff and leaving a piece of ourselves with them! Thank you Staff of Sanctuary Cap Cana!!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Ignacio P, General Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Dear Guest,

We would first of all like to thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us and the rest of the T.A reviewers such an enthusiastic review!

We are overjoyed knowing that you fully enjoyed our beautiful resort. As for the staff members you have mentioned in your review, we will make sure to pass on your kind comments to all of them, whom i`m sure did everything out of love in order to make your stay unforgettable.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Ignacio Perez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,197)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Sanctuary June18-25 and I can't say enough about how amazing this place was. I looked at every picture and review before we went ( I'm OCD:) and was still amazed by how beautiful the property was.
The staff was AMAZING! Everything we needed was taken care of immediately and with a smile, not that we needed much improvement. I miss hearing "my pleasure" now that we're home.The rooms were beautiful. We did asked to be moved from our first room because there was a large palm tree blocking our view and they accommodated us without hesitation.
The food was above and beyond what I've experienced at other hotels, especially all inclusive. Drinks were delicious and not cheap on the alcohol. I actually had to switch to beer because they were so strong sometimes.
The views at this place literally took breath away a couple of times.
The hotel is fairly quiet but you can be social if you choose. You can always get a drink but not the place to go if you're looking for a big party.We did a lot of excursions and had to be up early so this was actually good for us. If you're going on vacation to relax this place is perfect. The party scene is mostly during the day and dies down by about 10. There's a lull in the day between about 6 and 9 which we found to be nice because we could recover from our day at the pool before dinner. I could say a million more amazing things about this place but there's too many to even remember. We even met a couple who had been to various places in the Caribbean at least 20 times who said Sanctuary was their favorite place.On that note, things to know if you HAVE to complain ( if you can find something wrong in a place this amazing though I'm not sure where you would be happy)
occasional language barrier but nothing that you can't easily overcome if you make an effort, we ran into this very rarely, occasional sewer gas smell in the bathroom, the patio door was stuck a lot because of humidity, the pool bar and love bar shut down early if you're someone looking to party it up all night. The AC didn't get as cool as we're used to at home during the night
The Dominican people and the attention to detail at Sanctuary made our experience so great we may not be able to vacation anywhere else now. we can't wait to plan our trip back next year.

3 Thank ayame14r
Dear Guest,

Thank you for write your comment on Trip Advisor.

We are very glad to learn that you had a wonderful vacations, it is a pleasure to read that you
enjoyed our facilities, the walk through our grounds and corridors and the service provided for our staff.

We truly appreciate your recommendation, our main goal is to transform the holidays of our guests into memorable moments and we are very happy to read that we accomplish that goal with you.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at this, your Sanctuary.

Folsom, California
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My husband and I spend 9 days here starting the 2nd week of June. We had the best time ever and will defiantly go back in the future. We met so many wonderful people from all parts of the world, that we went to dinner with and partied with in the main pool. The food was good, the service was good, the staff was amazing! Rocky Bell Boa, The Arrow, Bernardo, Carlos, Kayla and Margarita were just a few of our favorites that made our stay memorable. When we first arrived we were upgraded to a honeymoon Villa overhanging the ocean! Although it was not our honeymoon we enjoyed this villa tremendously! The grounds are truly amazing and the water absolutely beautiful. I was told it was being taken over by the Hyatt in November, I hope they don't change to much!

Room Tip: We saw many different rooms. The castle was amazing, our villla was amazing! Spend the extra money...
Herndon, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Sanctuary Cap Cana at the beginning of June. From the moment that we arrived at the reception I knew I had chosen the right place. The grounds were absolutely stunning and we were greeted by friendly staff who eased us through the check in process.

We had two rooms, one was in the main building that we stayed for a day. It had an ocean view, but the view was a bit obstructed by the palm trees. The room itself was pretty awesome though. Had a nice lounge area that led out to the terrance. The room was pretty comfortable and clean.

The second room we stayed in was at the castle and I highly recommend booking the jr suite swim out room if possible. these rooms have a pool surrounding them that you can just jump in from the patio attached to your room. I spent many random times during the day and night just jumping in and lounging around. Room was very comfortable, I felt at ease and really never wanted to leave at that moment.

The restaurants are nice, there is everything from italian to steakhouse and even an asian restaurant. I particularly liked the restaurant that looked over the beach. Outdoor seating is available at all the restaurants I believe. Food was pretty good. A good place to lounge at is the piano love bar. By day it's a nice beach bar and at night they turn on the music and the dancing begins. one thing to note they have events every evening so read the sheet they leave in the bedrooms after it's clean. We saw traditional dominican dancing (which was fantastic) and celebrated with dominican dancers and dinner at one of the restaurants. It was really very well done.

The last item I want to mention is the service was brilliant. The hotel went out of their way to make sure that my wife and I were happy. A special thanks to Enrique who not only resolved one of issue we had wihtout issue but also went above and beyond to ensure we were 100% satisfied. My wife and I are very thankful for his assistance. I highly recommend the Sanctuary to anyone going to Punta Cana.

Room Tip: For activities in Punta Cana there is a person in the hotel who can help, but a lot of them you can...
1 Thank Winston S
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to read, that you had a wonderful experience in our Sanctuary, we are very happy to know that you enjoyed our facilities, our culinary experience and the service provided for all our staff.

We have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, is for this motive that our team is always ready to go the extra mile; and it becomes a reward for us every time we read the wonderful reviews and mentions of our guests. I will share your feedback with the entire team.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I just came back from my vacation with my daughter. I have to say that from the moment the taxi drove us into the Cap Cana resorts, we felt that we had already walked into an exclusive resort. You feel like you're driving into some sort of castle. They welcome you in right away and bring you the drink of the day as you wait to check in. The location of our ocean view jr suite was close to the main building of the resort, especially to the pool. We never saw room service around the grounds but somehow our room was always spotless. We saw lots of couples and families but not single people. The mood is calm and the people working in the hotel are there to make you feel even more relaxed and comfortable. If you book all inclusive, you don't have to worry about anything. Starting from breakfast to lunch, to afternoon snacks and then dinner, and you'll gain weight by the end of the trip. This is not your usual cruise ship food, this is mostly seafood, meat, and very traditional dominican food if that is what you prefer. There was never a wait in any of the five restaurants and once again, the servers made your time there worthwhile. The grounds are beautiful!!! You need to walk around the entire resort to appreciate everything they have. I have to mention the beach is small but its clean and very private. You have to visit the Fortaleza and hear the noise from the artificial waterfalls falling into an inside pool.
I have to give a shout out to my favorite people of the trip and they were Johanna from he Love Bar, she was always smiling and dancing around as she brought you a drink. Marta and Margarita from the the pool and beach areas were the happiest ladies working under the sun that you would ever come across with. They didn't care how many times they had to walk back and forth to bring you a drink or whatever you wanted, always with a smile. Teddy Bear and Menor were the entertainment guys and they had lots of energy. The best part of them was that they didn't push you to participate in any of the activities they had planned for that day. If you were there to relax and just watch, they were ok with that too. My most favorite person was Mr. Julio Perez from the Steakhouse restaurant. Only one look from him and you fell in love. He was older than most of the other employees and was in a supervisory role. He made my daughter and I feel secure and I almost felt as if I was his daughter and he was taking care of me. He would wait for us in the morning with the biggest "Buenos Dias" and made our stay very wholesome. I have nothing but good things to say about this place, I would come back in a heartbeat if I could do it again.

Room Tip: My Junior Suite Oceanview was very close to the main building with the pools, beach and restaurants...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband and I visited Sanctuary Cap Cana for one week (June 4-11, 2013) for our honeymoon. It was the first time either of us have stayed at an all inclusive resort and our experience was wonderful! We had the honeymoon suite, which was the perfect size, had its own pool, and had fantastic views of the ocean. The beach was quiet and small, but we enjoyed every minute of the sun and sand. The employees were more than excellent, especially Junior (pool/beach server), Naurys (server at Blue Marlin), and Zeleni (concierge). Junior served us every single day of our stay and always greeted us with the biggest smile. He was friendly and we enjoyed talking to him and loved his amazing frozen margaritas and "Junior Specials." Naurys was our server at the Blue Marlin on both the first day and the last night (the night we did the Romantic Dinner on the beach). He was very friendly as well and treated us more like family than customers. These employees went over and above for us and we miss them and their outstanding service!

The food at the resort was ok. We are HUGE foodies and didn't know what to expect of an all-inclusive. However, we did find the restaurants and meal times that we liked. Wok and The Steakhouse were good for dinner, Blue Marlin for lunch, and Casa Bella for breakfast. We would highly recommend the Romantic Dinner on the beach! Not only was it absolutely beautiful, fun and great service, but the food was the best meal we had during our stay (Meal #2).

The resort was not walking distance to any town or city, which we had wished there was a little more to do or see. However, within the resort there were many activities and they also provided transportation to outside sites. The Spa was wonderful as well! We both got deep tissue massages and they were so relaxing and the employees were very professional. I would definitely recommend a spa day to anyone who visits Sanctuary. All-in-all, Sanctuary Cap Cana was perfect for a nice, relaxing vacation with amazing people, great atmosphere, and excellent service! Thank you to all at Sanctuary who made our honeymoon memorable and perfect :)

5 Thank Sidney F
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience in our Sanctuary, with our future guests.

It is an honor for us to be part of specials occasions, we are overjoyed knowing that you fully enjoyed our beautiful resort.

We really appreciate your kind words and thank you again for staying with us. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and services and it really makes us feel good when we learn that we have been successful in accomplishing our mission of making an unforgettable honeymoon .

We hope to host you soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Upon arrival to Sanctuary Cap Cana, we were offered a chance to consider an upgrade. We looked at a private ocean front villa with a private pool! It was so worth it! This place has great pools, friendly staff, good food and amazing views! Seafood night was my favorite...grilled lobster! The cocktails are very satisfying as well. The vendors by the pool on certain days actually have good deals. I realized this once I compared their prices to shopping at local stores. We loved our vacation here! No complaints...just compliments! Yay!

Room Tip: Go for the upgrade....at least check it out and try to work a deal. ROOM 1026 IS THE BEST and MOST...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends