My boyfriend and I stayed at Santuary Cap Cana for seven nights in late Feb 2014. The resort's scenery is flawless. Gorgeous palm trees, ocean, pools, perfectly-manicured lawns, flowers, and plants. You're greeted with "Welcome Home" and given a delicious drink upon arrival. Temps in the mid 80s everyday. It was a wonderful experience and I loved spending my birthday in paradise. :)
Rooms: There are many options for rooms: gorgeous Spanish-style buildings, the Castle (adults only), or private villas. All rooms have available ocean-front views. We originally booked a junior ocean suite but were upgraded to a private villa. While I cannot speak to the Castle rooms or other room types, our stay in our private villa was amazing. It was like our own private house in paradise. Super comfy, king size bed. Fresh flowers placed on our bed and towels each day. High ceilings, nice furniture and decor, everything worked properly. 24 hr room service available, rooms cleaned everyday.
Pools and Beaches: All unique. The main pool is always very busy. Tough to get a towel/seat at times. Main pool has a swim-up bar and the water aerobics class at noon is always fun and high-energy. We enjoyed the infinity pool to the left of the main lobby. The water spills down into another pool below. It was always less crowded, had hammocks, and the view from there is beautiful. Another hidden gem is the pool on top of the Castle. Not much seating but quiet and great view! The resort beach was nice. Again, usually crowded. The beach to the left of the Castle (Juanillo Beach) is beautiful and worth seeing. A bit windy though. :)
Food and Service: All Inclusive. Food is okay. I mean, not terrible, but not terrific. Everyone will have different tastes as far as favorite restaurants. Our favorite for dinner was the Italian place, Cappricio. Small portions, but we liked the food. Can't beat Blue Marlin for lunch (the view alone made it our favorite lunch spot). Service was a bit slow, but who's in a hurry? You're on vacation! ;) Everyone was polite and always smiling. Drinks and bars were good, and I liked the "Drink of the Day" thing they did. Bernardo at the Love Bar is so entertaining. Try the Mamajuana shot at least once. ;) For my birthday, my boyfriend booked us a romantic, private dinner on the beach. It was lovely. And, the door to our villa was decorated with a Happy Birthday sash and balloons. I also had a bottle of champagne and a birthday cake waiting for me inside our villa.
Excursions: We did Hoyo Azul and Catamaran boat experience. Hoyo Azul was great (see my review of it) and the Catamaran was awesome! You go out on a boat, see the coast, snorkel in the Caribbean (my favorite part of the trip!), then drink and dance on the boat. Then we anchor in the middle of the Sea to drink, listen to music, and enjoy each other's company. SO FUN! You can book them both from Santuary Cap Cana, very easy.
The only place where we had issues was getting through to the resort to confirm our booking. It seemed impossible for awhile...always being transferred around and never getting to speak to a person who could confirm our reservation. But, it did work out, and I'm glad it did. We had the best experience and made great memories. Highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Travelbag, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort