We stayed at Sanctuary Cap Cana from March 30 - April 4th in one of their Monarch Villas. The resort itself is a very pretty property, but the villas definitely needed some updating, as well as maintenance. Our TV didn't work, the doors didn't shut properly, and our toilet didn't flush either. All of our issues (aside from the door) were addressed fairly quickly, so we were happy with that.
The food was actually pretty good! I guess I had set my expectations low, considering it is all-inclusive. We don't usually book all-inclusive properties, but this worked best for the other family that we were traveling with. The Steakhouse was the best. The fish place never disappointed, and the teppanyaki place was our least favorite.
One recommendation I would make if you go to bed early, is to take earplugs with you. Although the resort guidelines ask that guests respect the quiet after 10:00pm policy, the hotel had parties going well past 11:00pm on some nights.
The beach by the Monarch Villas isn't the best. It is rocky and there is lots of sea vegetation that washes up on the beach. There are maintenance workers out there trying to clean it up, but it's a never-ending battle. The kids didn't mind though, since they could explore the rocks and find sea creatures and fish.
The resort had lots of activities planned throughout the day, and we especially loved the fresh Coco Loco drinks!
All in all, based on the price, it was a good value. The villa had plenty of space for our family of 4, food was good, and we got what we came for - lots of R&R.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, Expedia, Prestigia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort