I am really surprised this is ranked so high for DR. We stayed here for four nights after coming from the Excellence Aduts only all inclusive and the service here is half of the excellence. Let's start off with checkin. Had a horrible experience with Check-in with Alexander. Arrived around 3:30 and my room wasn't ready even though check- in is at 3pm. I didnt get into my room until 4pm. They had to charge my card over $300 for taxes and fees because I used a living social voucher. When asked, what was the amount I am being taxed off of, Alexander could not provide that information for me. Later I am told, that not everything is all inclusive. If you want premium meats or lobster, it is additional charge. The hotel should not advertise as all inclusive, if it really isn't. Also, they say they offer top shelf liquor when really they don't.
We had the ocean view junior suite. Our room was really big and spacious but the floors were dirty! They need power wash the floors or scrub them bc it was disgusting. On top of that, our room had ants. I had to call front desk to have someone clean the bathrooms bc of ants. And the the bathroom smelled like sewage the last two nights.
My main problem with the hotel was room service. Every morning I ordered room service and they would tell me it would take up to 45 minutes. ALL four mornings I ordered room service, they were late! It took over an hour for room service to arrive. On top of that, food was not consistent, it was like they had a different chef every morning. Their juices are not fresh squeezed. I think they knew they were terrible, bc one time they didn't have us sign the bill. They just said it was fine. That was probably another annoyance, we had to sign a bill everytime we ordered food or drinks even though it was all inclusive.
The restaurants were good and service was average but nothing spectacular like service as the Excelllence hotel. The blue marlin has great food and a beautiful view. The one thing we did love about the hotel is the view and the beach. If you walk to the left side of the hotel, there is a public beach. We discovered there was also another beach on the right side where there were few people. We spent two days there and enjoyed relaxing at the beach by ourselves. We still had a good time, but I wouldn't consider this a 5 star hotel. Service was definitely lacking and the rooms were dirty. We met two other couples who stayed in the castle and said their rooms weren't good either. I would not come back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort