Best rum punch I've ever had, but that's where the glowing ends. My new husband and I honeymooned here for a few days after holding our wedding at the magnificent Paradisus Punta Cana. Check in was fast and easy (we arrived on Monday), and we got the honeymoon suite with a pool in the room facing the ocean which was very exciting, but we should have taken them up on the upgrade they tried to give us at the desk. Our room was not up to par. Art missing from hooks on the wall, and weird aggressive abstract art on other walls. Furniture was chipped and paint touch ups were sloppy. It felt like we were staying in the heavily used show room version of a room. The shower drain was clogged and didn't drain properly, the bathtub nearly killed my husband by draining through a light fixture downstairs onto the middle of the walkway floor. For a room with a pool in it there's a lot of very smooth floor surfaces. Our mini bar was barely stocked and didn't chill drinks properly. Our room service guy would always complain about how tired he was and how hot it was outside. Although it was an all-inclusive package everyone we interacted with grumpily expected us to tip. We got massages at the spa shortly after arrival and the ladies were curt and dismissive, the spa shoes were quite painful to walk in, and the deep tissue massages we received were so vigorous in the speed of their firm strokes that we were hurting quite a bit for the remainder of our stay. The view from our room was fantastic, overlooking a rocky tide pool teeming with crabs and sea birds, but there was no way to get down there and everywhere you looked there was scattered litter I would very much have liked to pick up. We made the mistake of paying $12 for a day for wifi only to have it not work properly. All but two of the restaurants were closed on the resort but there was no indication of which ones when we set out each night to eat. We'd wander around trying each restaurant only to find them closed with no help navigating the grounds or finding a spot to eat by staff. The staff wasn't terribly friendly, with only about half returning my hello's whenever we passed by. The gardeners working on the drained moat pool were the nicest people we met. By no means was it the worst stay we've ever had, but despite our optimism it kept disappointing us. We'd already been in the D.R. for a week at this point, but the food here gave the whirlie twirlies. To sum it all up in one word, this resort felt "cold."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort