Our honeymoon to the Dominican Republic started off shaky, to say the least. The Breathless Punta Cana resort that we originally booked was disappointing at best. We frantically searched for another hotel as I refused to stay even a single night. There wasn't much available due to the last minute nature of the booking so we were forced to book the Hard Rock hotel for two nights. The Hard Rock was a huge casino style family resort- not the least bit romantic. I was beginning to feel really defeated and exhausted and ready to just cut the trip short and cut our losses. But, we decided to give it one last shot for the remaining 3 nights of our honeymoon. And let me tell you the 3rd time was a charm.
We pulled up to the Sanctuary and I instantly knew that this was the honeymoon I had intended. The clouds suddenly parted and the sun came out! It was perfect! Quaint, charming, personal and picturesque. The staff was super attentive and friendly and the grounds were beautiful, clean and inspired. The resort itself is a romantic, Spanish style retreat with 4 different pools to chose from- all of which are inviting. Apparently the Summer is the off season so most of the time we were the sole patrons of the pool enjoying a personal bar tender- it was ideal!
The sprawling grounds, the stunning views and the romantic rooms and restaurants make this a hotel a go to for couples. We will definitely be recommending it to our friends and family and we ourselves are planning our return!
There are many rooms that aren't listed on the websites so be sure to ask for an upgrade when you arrive. There are so many private suites and huts on the beach to choose from at very reasonable prices!
Thank you Sanctuary Cap Cana for saving our honeymoon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and getaroom.com so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort