We just returned yesterday from our honeymoon at SSCC. We were so sad to leave and the 6 days we were there just didn't seem long enough. The resort is in a gorgeous location and breathtaking views of ocean and beaches. It was a short ride from the airport and when we got to the resort, we were quickly greeted with a yummy welcome drink and a cool towel. We got all checked in and we were quickly escorted to our room. We had booked a Castle Oceanview top floor room and had an awesome view. Since they were doing construction in the castle/fortress area, there was no one else booked there so we basically had the entire place to ourselves. We swam in the pool that is for the swim up rooms, but since they were vacant, we basically had our own pool. We were close to the Juanillo beach to kayak, swim, etc. In the castle there is the Ocean Bar and it was awesome. At the most, there were maybe 4 couples plus us at any given time, so it was very intimate. Estuvio was our favorite employee out of the whole place! He is the bartender at the Ocean Bar and was super awesome to hang out and talk to. We learned a lot about the resort and DR in general. Be sure to go by and meet him, you won't regret it! We layed on the beach and soaked up the sand, sun and breezes...didn't do any excursions or anything because the resort was just too nice to leave. The food was really good at all of the places we ate at...the only one we didn't make it to was the Italian food place. The steak house was nice and had awesome cream of tomato soup, the Wok was great and we sat at the Tepanyaki table (you have to make reservations) and we ate all of our other meals at the Blue Marlin. Be sure to hit Lobster Fest on Thursday night...that is the only night they have fresh, grilled lobster! Also, room service was great as our last night we stayed in and watched college football and ate room service food. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone! Of course with any place you travel or go to, there will be issues that arise as nothing is perfect and we did encounter some; however, they were all taken care of very quickly and it was nothing out of the norm. Don't listen to the bad reviews...sorry, but if you can't go to a beautiful resort with friendly people and have a good time, maybe you should just stay home! October was a perfect time to go because there was hardly anyone there and it was much more intimate. One note of advice...take bug spray! Enjoy!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Expedia, Travelbag, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort