“Not what I expected”

US$99.00*
and up
Marinarium Shark and Ray Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: Marinarium invites you to discover the wonders of the reef and the marine life. Join us for an exciting half-day cruise during which you will have the unique opportunity to snorkel with stingrays and nurse sharks.Snorkeling is followed by a beautiful sightseeing cruise along the coast of Cabeza de Toro and Bávaro. Finally, you will reach Paradise, where you will relax in the waist deep waters of Bávaro’s natural pool, with your favourite cocktail in hand.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Being able to snorkel with stingrays and nurse sharks was the only cool thing about this trip. Besides that, I basically felt like I paid $100 to go to a frat party. This is definitely not an excursion for kids. We snorkeled for less than an hour, then took a short ride to stand around in some waist-deep water. By the end of the trip I was really sick of being offered alcohol. I could have been standing in the ocean drinking at my resort.

2  Thank chicagolefty
Marinarium, Manager at Marinarium Excursions Snorkeling Cruise, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your interaction with the sharks and stingrays. I am disappointed to read however that you appear to have been misinformed as to what the excursion entailed. We try to cater for as wide a cross section as possible however we do understand that this however does not suit everyone.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,209)

Reviewed 4 June 2012

My mom and I went on this excursion together. We really liked the boat and the secenary. Swimming with the fish, sharks and sting rays was exciting. The best part of the trip was drinking and dancing on the sandbar. Angel, one of the staff was very attentive. We never had an empty beer. He was constantly joking around with us and just made our time enjoyable. The trip on the boat was great. However, it was poorly organized in the morning. We had to wait over 40 minutes for the last straggling busses to get there to embark on our excursion.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Touching the Stingrays was great, but everything was too quick. Only a couple of minutes with the nurse sharks and there were too many people in the pool. Snorkeling in the ocean was cool, but again too many people...kept bumping into each other.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Our family of four attended an afternoon of snorkeling with nerf sharks and stingrays. Our travel assistant Rey Davide Morrobel gave us such a nice tour and description of the sites and of the Dominican Republic in general.
The excursion itself was fantastic. The after snorkel was even more fun. Going to the shallow spot and dancing and drinking in the water. Whoaaaa!!
Thanks to everyone.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

We went on this excursion and had a blast snorkeling and holding and getting our pictures with the stingray.