We stayed here 13th to 27th Dec. Hotel check-in was on the bus a short trip from airport, on arrival at hotel luggage was put straight on a buggy and we were taken straight to our rooms.
We had two rooms in villa 17 which we found to be a good position easy access to lobby, resturants and pool. The rooms were clean spacious and in good condition, there is a huge bed, table and two chairs, coffee maker, tv, fridge stocked daily and safe (extra cost $4 per day)
The buffet restaurants were clean and a good choice of food which was mainly hot. We only used two al a cart restaurants garden grill and Italian both were very good. The hotel and grounds are massive all kept in perfect condtion, there are several land trains to get you around it's that big. All the staff are helpful and friendly, no need to queue at bars there were waitreses at pool bars and lobby. Coffie was available in lobby by machine or from waiters.
Maintainence service was first class with imediate responce 24/7 they get around on bikes .
All the staff that you need to converse with could speak enough english to get by.
The day time acttivites were not as good as other hotels in dominican (this was our 7th trip) but it was ok the evening shows were quite good there is a large covered thearter and an outdoor one in the shopping area. Shows were only spoilt by the constant screaming by the Canadians (you know it's right). The only thing we did not like about hotel was the main pool and beach were to crowed with sun beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe