We went the first week of June 2014. My wife, my 9yr old daughter and myself. We are a younger couple in our mid 30's.
Our trip started at a different hoyel, Sirenis Tropical (horrible) so we transfered here.
This made our trip. The food was good and it changed daily with a feature theme in the buffet. The rooms were a good size, we had a junior suite and our daughter used the sofa bed which she enjoyed. Good quiet AC and a ceiling fan (spotless) were nice
A full suite (seperate master with door) would of been nice but this was good. Always tons of bottled water in our room and pop/beer.
The bathroom was spotless and shower worked well.
The 4 poils we used were nice, none to deep all just under 6'. The beach pool wad always busy and not enough chairs or shade but all hotels are this way. The other pool was perfect for us (more quiet).
Tons of chairs at the ocean. And never pestered for excursions but if we wanted one they were helpful.
The water parks is for younger kids (lile 6) but well done.
Evening shows were great, top quailty.
The hotel is larger and the bus is gas powered and smells... should use electeic. Also there is an eco reserve im the middle of the grounds that was really a baf smelling swamp... but only when close. That really the only bad aspect of this hotel.
A few more older kid sports/activities would be nice. The zip line area is being built... looks done but not open yet and if free would fill this need.
We will 100% go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Odigeo, Stayforlong S.L., Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe