We were staying at the hotel with 4 more people. Everything was perfect when we just arrived. Tour companies are a little bit annoying and pushy. The food quality was very plain. They have a great selection in buffet, but when you start to select, still ending up with the same food. Meat was dry and tasteless. A la-cart restaurants not worth your time. Very limited menu so we ended up still going to buffet after dinner. The only worth it restaurant is a steak place (at list meat was better there). Overall hotel was clean and beautiful. Even thou the beach was public staff was cleaning it all the time. Minus we were bitten by sand fleas(( The worst what happened was that AMSTAR transportation that we prepaid didn't come to pick us up. After 30 min waiting in a lobby, hotel was able to find replacement for them and told us that they are the same operator. When we got to the airport the driver start asking for more money from us (even thou we prepaid). Not sure what happened either driver was lying and tried to make extra buck or it was a company's fault. Any way, all those tour operators are great and pushy when you just arrived trying to sell staff but on a way back they don't care even to provide a service that you payed for. Honestly,that made me mad big time. An when I was about to complain to Cheap Carribean about it, we found a disclaimer that they don't bare responsibility for those companies, even thou we bought transportation service through them((((((( Any way, its not hotel's fault just wanted to make sure that people know what happened)) Hotel was pretty good!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo, Southall Travel, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe