“Punta Cana”

Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
Ranked #60 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
“Punta Cana”
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

Great resort for family , service was a little lax but I found tipping helped a lot. The beach was a little shuttle ride from the villa I was in but pool was steps away. Not a bad place too bring the kids the food was better than average and the weather was amazing. I would suggest getting off the resort and doing yours but Shiite carefully and ask people who have been before. Negotiate everything!!! Don't ever pay what they're asking there is plenty of room for wiggle.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Joe K
Viancagraciano, customer service at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Joe,

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your holidays in Punta Cana. At Bahia Principe our goal is to make your stay become an awesome experience.

Thank you for your comments and looking forward to seeing you soon!

Regards,

Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,431)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Illinois
Reviewed 2 September 2014

My fiancé and I had a wonderful time. I felt like it was a very nice environment, the staff was extremely helpful and nice and the people we meet we friendly as well.

The only real comment I would have to say I had the whole vacation was the initial check-in. We got there earlier than the check-in time, which is 3:00 pm. We checked in and then really did not get a lot of information from the staff. We went to eat and then when we returned we were able to get our room key card. I am happy to say that the second gentlemen that assisted us was much more personable and through out the week whenever we saw him he always made sure he said hello and that we were having a good time and asked if we ever needed anything.

The resort is huge and they have shuttles that run all day long to take you back and forth. However, if you walked it would only take a few minutes and we did walk a few times.

The rooms are all the same. The are large and very clean. However, there is an additional fee for the safe in the room. Which we did use and you pay for the safe at check-in. We stayed in room 22103 on the first floor. It was perfect location and very quiet. Which we loved!!! We even had a gentlemen ask if we wanted a coconut while we were sitting on the balcony. It was cool to watch him cut it up for us and that was the first time I had an actual coconut.

The pools were clean and the temperature was perfect. The main pool of course we much more crowded by the bar. However the pools in the center were not as crowed and we did swim there one day just to try it out. However, we spent most of our time at the main pool.

The beach was clean and nice. There was a lot of seed weed, but I am sure they cannot do anything to prevent that but they were there to clean it up. We never had any problems finding a lounge chair and the water was nice and refreshing.

We ate that the buffet a lot and Carlos was our favorite waiter for dinner. The buffet was average and we enjoyed it. Carlos treated everyone as if they were VIP. We ate at the al cart dinners the last four nights and must stay we did miss having Carlos as our waiter. However, all the staff was very friendly and accommodating, but we just had a special bond with Carlos and thoroughly enjoyed him on a personal level.

We had an awesome time at the resort and can not say enough about the service.

Big question is if we would ever go back…..Yes and we have already booked our next trip for December 2014. However, we decided to try the Ambar resort this time and we cannot wait.

Room Tip: Need to get a lounge chair early in the morning.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tricia,

We are proud to hear that we have provided you a wonderful time with a very nice environment, clean rooms, nice beach and friendly and accommodating staff.

It´s wonderful to know that you already booked for coming in December, next time to our adults only section.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 2 September 2014

I have been to many many different resorts in Punta Cana. Out of all of them i can honestly say this is my favorite and I plan on returning. Staff is very friendly and take great care of guests. Lots of activities to do ( mini golf, Bike riding, water park, and non motorized sports for free). Great food & bars, big bed rooms, nicely sized complex and stunning scenery.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Jaslyn A
Viancagraciano, customer service at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel which pride ourselves and now this is your favorite one.

It will be a pleasure to cater you once again to experience the Dominican spirit of its people, the quality of our services and facilities, and another amazing experience like this.

Many hugs for you!!!

Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Huge hotel and you cannot see people!!! Not crowded. Wonderful food, excellent service, top bedrooms, very clean. Both the room and the whole hotel were spotless. Spotless gardens! I had the time of my life!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

We are very pleased to read that you had the time of your life at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana. At Bahia Principe our goal is to make your stay become an awesome experience.

Thank you for your comments and looking forward to seeing you soon!

Regards from Punta Cana,

Reviewed 31 August 2014

I love all the attentions from everyone they make me feel like home. This hotel was wonderful and I'm going back soon. Love the staff especially the manager Mr. Coca he was the best people like him make you wanna came back. Thank you so much for everything see you guys soon.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank roberto0429
Viancagraciano, customer service at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Roberto,

For all our family in Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana, it will be a pleasure to read such marvelous comments, and a big reason to continue striving towards excellence.

Please feel welcome to contact our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts that we will be always at your disposal.

Thank you for preferring us!!

Reviewed 31 August 2014

We went for two weeks and it was the best time of our life . Everyone was wonderful very helpful and kind. Love the restaurants el mexicano, el pescador, the garden grill mikakos, they have the best food ever, also the buffet was delicious and very clean. I'm so happy that I'll be back in February. Thank you mr. Coca. I recommended to everybody and to my friends and family. Love you all. From the Garcia family.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank milliepeynado
Dear Garcia Family,

Thank you for acknowledging Mr. Coca and the wonderful staff here. This is what is allowing us to make a difference in each guest experience. It is a great news to know that you are coming in February.

It will be a pleasure to cater you once again and continue providing you the most amazing and wonderful experiences.

Regards from Punta Cana!

Fife, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Looking at other reviews can't believe what I'm reading, I think these people stayed in a different hotel to us. The hotel is supposed to be 5 stars I'm sorry it would struggle to get 3 from me. Our room had a very musty damp smell and not very well lit. There was a leg missing from our bed, the bath was scratched on the bottom and didn't look clean at all & there was a bit of chewing gum stuck to the bathroom floor until 2 days before we left it would've still been there had we not got a phone call on the 12 th day to ask if our room was alright.
On the 2nd day we went to the beach and at lunchtime we went into the BBQ beach restaurant for a drink of water so we took a drink from one of the water machines, we drank one cup and on the second half way down noticed floaters in the bottom like algae by that time it was too late we'd drank more than one. We did inform the rep about this and one of themembers of staff at our reception. The next day I started to have a terribly upset stomach and diarrhoea and my husband wasn't much better. The diarrhoea continued throughout the rest of the week we tried going into the pharmacy for medication to stop it but they didn't have any so that has to tell a story. By the next Tuesday I was so ill I went to the Doctor in the complex who said I was very dehydrated and referred me to the hospital as my blood pressure was so low and my pulse was very fast, the hospital was a scary experience the put me on IV fluids and medicines and took blood tests but the wanted me to stay in as I had a bad case of gastro interitis, I discharged myself and got a prescription for 3 different kinds of medicine. The diarrhoea continued the rest of the holiday I can safely say it is the worst holiday I have ever been on and I know speaking to a good few people we were not the only ones who were ill.
What was meant to be a holiday of a life time will be remembered for the wrong reasons, we were there to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and my 50th birthday and cost us just under £3000.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Diane C
Viancagraciano, customer service at Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Diana,

I sincerely regret that you consider this was a very bad experience at our Resort and the situations that you have brought to our attention.

I would like to inform you, that for weeks, our management has put in place a program with additional measures to reinforce the established sanitary procedures, so that we can guarantee the safety and health of food, drinks and facilities.

We sincerely hope that you are totally recovered and feel better and for any additional assistance, don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Service department.

Yours respectfully,

VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
#80 of 110 in Punta Cana
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana

Been to Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana? Share your experiences!