This is probably one of the cleanest resorts we have stayed at! There are always people cleaning the grounds, lobby, etc. We found this resort a little to big for us. We had the Gold package, but when we arrived our room wasn't ready, they up-graded us to a diamond which enabled us to have a private pool, and book 4 ala carte resturants per week, but the room stayed the same. If you do not want to be surrounded by kids, I would suggest that you stay at the Ambar area, they have their own lobby, buffet, pools, etc. (wish we would have known about this when we booked), there were to many children around for our liking.
We found the buffet had just so-so food, I think that because they are making food for so many people it just wasn't up to par, (we have also stayed at the Gran Principe in San Ramo and the food was excellent). The ala carte resturant's were good, but what confused us is that when we booked them they made it seem like they were so full that we had to take what time they gave us, and every ala carte that we went to was maybe 1/3rd full and that was it, so found that weird! Also found that a few of the times you went to a nice ala carte and people with small children let them run around, under tables etc, so it took away have a nice meal.
Went to the beach a few times, but preferred the pool area, also when you are at the pool they do not have anyone walking around taking drink orders, you had to go to the bar yourself, which was not big deal.
We found that the rooms were really clean, and the staff really good. But also noticed that alot of the staff spoke minimal english.
But all in all it was a relaxing trip, we would return to Punta Cana but to a smaller resort.
We did have a couples massage at their spa, which was very good, I also had a pedicure and wouldn't do that again, the woman didn't speak english and I am sure they did not sanitize the instruments they used, when I got home I had a minor infection on a couple of my toes, so I wouldn't do that again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe