I am a hotelier and have been in the industry for 18 years. So, please take my word for it. The rooms are spacious, clean, simply decorated but functional. The resort is not really as big as it is drummed up to be and it is a good thing. You can walk from one end to the other in 15 minutes to give you an idea. There are shuttles running practically around the clock 6a.m. to 3 a.m. 21 hours a day. The only time we took the shuttle was when my 7 year old daughter wanted to ride it for fun. The beach is clean and nice. It is a little crowded but it is not like some of the beaches in Europe where you literally are putting your head next to someone else's. The staff was very nice. Having a few dollars with you always helps. These people work very hard so give them a dollar when they serve you a drink and they will remember you forever.
The drinks served were plentiful and great but if you want premium drinks - top of the shelf- or particular brand names, they have it ( and it is very cheap ). Drink the local rum ( ron ) which is fresh and sweet.
For the restaurants: The restaurants that are by reservation suck with the full sense of the word. They are slow, bad and too small. It is hard to get a reservation at the time you want it. Our travel agency booked us the spots we got there but after the first dinner, we canceled the rest. The buffet is great! try local fish caught and delivered daily, grilled very simply, fresh salads, fruits, and desserts. I recommend bringing your own wine or at least order the wine off the menu which is 15 to 30 bucks with dinner because the house wine is really not good. Overall, this hotel gets a passing grade from me if you can overlook some flaws and notice how hard the staff is working to keep it going. Thank you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe