We went as a large extended family group for my daughters wedding for two weeks mid-end of April. Check in on the coach transfer from airport great idea as we were then taken on small transporter by bell boy to our rooms and didn't have to go via the reception to check in. Ideal after a long tiring flight. Every where was very clean and maid service very good- lovley floral towel decorations nearly every day. All staff semed very freindly and happy, even the gardeners/resort cleaners always said Hola when they saw you.
Food wasn't brilliant in the buffet but was ok and better in the A La Carte restaurants, on the whole they did a good job catering for so many people.
The resort was huge but every couple of minutes transporter carriages were going to and fro so if you didn't want to walk you could just hop on.
The entertainment was ok but the same week of daily shows was running for the second week too, so not much to do during the early evening other than cocktails/drinks in the lobby bar or a wander around the main sqaure.
Our main pupropose was for my daughters weddng which was beautiful but for one or two mini problems we encountered. I think any one else should be forewarned about them so they can avoid the same happening to them. We have informed the wedding co-ordinator of these problems so hopefully future guests won't have the same problems
The Spa on the day of the wedding - we had appointments for the bride to have her hair and make-up done, two bridesmaids to have their hair done and one of them make-up, the mothers of the bride and groom to have their hair done and one makeup and manicure and one of the guests to have her hair straightened. The bride looked beautiful and credit to the hairdresser for creating a lovely hair style and make-up, but this was such a stressful morning. As as we started to see the bride have her hair and makeup completed then the first of the bridesmaids, it became apparent that there was only one person on duty to do us all!! We left the spa to get ready for the wedding after four hours,the bride, mother of the bride and mother of the groom, with less than half an hour to get ourselves ready and off to the wedding gazeebo. Only the bride was able to have her hair washed the rest of us just had to have something created. As mothers of the bride and groom we ended up having to have styles neither of us had particulary wanted and had no time to redo our hair as we would have liked. So a tip would be to get an external hairdresser in to come to your room, ask the wedding co-ordinator to do this for you as she advised us we could have had this, if only we had known.
If you want "live music" this will not be as you think. It means a CD playing for the bride to arrive and depart to. Apparently you have to specify theat you want the "trio band." to get live music.
Fortunately non e of this really spoilt the day, the reception in the Garden Grill Restaurant was excellent and the staff brilliant, they even had a dance with us at our "disco."
The wedding photographer José took some amazing photos and although it's an expense having the best and most expensive photo package, it was money well spent. He put together an amazing album and the photos were stunning.
I would definitely recommend the hotel, but another word of caution is regarding the laundry- give it a miss if I was you. Things just for ironing came back just as creased if not more so and the shirts for the wedding party of men came back with dirty black marks on the cream collars.One was so bad the best man couldn't wear it but fortunately had a spare ne to fall back on.
We didn't lodge a complaint , as it would have probably proved to be more trouble than it was worth,but feel it's best to share this with you..
All in all we had a great wedding and a lovley holiday, very relaxing with good weather in a very nice and well organised hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe