Until they fix the gym! My husband & I just spent a week at the resort - in my husband's words "multi million dollar facility with a five cent gym." If you do not care about the gym this is a great place. The beach is amazing & the pools fabulous. The resort is extremely large but well maintained and the train will shuttle you from place to place if you don’t want to walk. The staff were very friendly, the place was very clean and the food was decent - stick to the buffet or the Japanese a la carte (the Mexican, Mediterranean & Steak house specialty restaurants were disappointing). BUT, when we pick a hotel we also look at the gym facilities (how else can you justify 4 pina coladas and dessert everyday!) The gym was rated as 4 out of 5 by most tour operators – it was a 0! None of the 5 bikes or 3 treadmills worked and the flooring is nothing short of a disaster. The gym staff asked us to complain as they were constantly apologizing to guests about the state of the place and had no way to make improvements themselves. There was another gym in the facility that was much better and had working machines but we were not allowed to use it as we were not in the right category – very frustrating. Again, great resort overall, good value for money, but for us, our 6th trip to the Dominican at various resorts was not what we expected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Jacuzzi Sun terraces Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, multi-sports court Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Meeting and convention room 1 buffet restaurant and 5 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 16 bars Wedding gazebo Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 756 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi, hair dryer and a full range of amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda). Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teen's club Other Services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Gran Bahia Principe