Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue
US$324
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$340
US$219
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$261
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$391
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$346
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$253
BahiaPrincipe
  • Pool
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$433
US$325
Melia.com
Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$672
US$512
  • Pool
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$305
  • Breakfast included
TRS Turquesa Hotel(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$261
Cancelon
10,886 results
All reviewsdon pablocorner roompalmyra buffeta la carte restaurantsel olivioguest servicesgarden grillother resortslobby barbavaro lobbyprivilege clubroom requesttowel gamedinner reservationslobsteradults only sectiont shirts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We always stay at the Gran Bahia resorts and we have not been disappointed at any of them.

I loved this resort, most of the staff we encountered we're great. Especially Biana at the pool bar at the Ambar, she looked after us and made sure we always had a drink without even asking. 5* service. Also Hector in the restaurant was always full of fun.

Our room was lovely and always well cleaned and fresh towels when needed. Our fridge was always restocked. When we arrived they had decorated our room and left a gift for our anniversary which was a great touch.

All our requests were kindly meet including restaurant reservations and so on, thank you.

The food was amazing and oh my good the cakes are delicious! It's so hard to choose from them. Well done to all the hard working chefs.

I really can't complain about 1 thing. I would recommend to anyone.

Thank you and keep up the fantastic work. See you next year!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ccameron2257
Viancagraciano, Customer service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Cameron,

It is a real pleasure to know that you spent a amazing time with us.

I greatly appreciate that you have chosen once again one of our Resorts as your holiday destination. Thank you for highlighting our clean rooms, amazing food and wonderful staff, especially Bianca and Hector, they going to be very happy with this comments.

As a repeater client your opinion is very important to us. It is thanks to guests like you, that our Company has reached the success and gained prestige through the last years.

The happiness is in your heart get it all the time!!!

Have a greart day!!!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

To start off I have to say that the Bahia Principe chain is fabulous. I have been to the Punta Cana, San Juan and Mayan Riviera locations, and they never cease to impress.

I have been to the Abar location twice and have enjoyed all of the inclusions it provide. the rooms are fabulous, the a la carte restaurants are plentiful and offer great service and food!
The people that work there are wonderful. The beach in front of the property is the only thing I would say I would like more of. The beach is receeding. It's a shame as the whole property is great. don't get me wrong, there is plenty of room around to sunbath and the stretche of beach for walking is endless.

I would go back, again, tomorrow.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emmy01

Dear Emmy,

It is a real pleasure to know that you spent a great experience with us.

I greatly appreciate that you have chosen once again one of our Resorts as your holiday destination. Thank you for highlighting our fabolous rooms, great restaurants and wonderful staff.

We feel glad that you find some aspects worth mentioning.

You are a treasure for us!!!

Have a beautiful day!!!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My girlfriend and I just got back from the Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar, and for the second year in a row had an amazing vacation here at the Ambar. The level of service and attention to detail is excellent. All the staff seems happy and goes out of their way to serve you and make you feel at home. The resort grounds are beautiful, pool is excellent, and beach is amazing. At the Ambar you never have to worry about finding a seat at the pool or the beach, there are plenty available at all hours of the day. The food had not changed since last year; the buffets are very good, lots of choice, especially breakfast (go see Rodolfo for the best omelettes!!). The a la cartes : Don Pablo is AMAZING and a MUST!!; El Olivio was great!!; I was disappointed with the PortoFino, then again the pasta was ok, but I had friends who had the meat and said it was great; Garden Grill Steak House was very good, excellent burger!!; Makio was probably our other favourite, soooo good and best dessert! (Fried Ice cream!! mmmm). All the meat at this resort is just amazing and cooked to perfection!! The drinks here are awesome! Try the Estella Tropical and their Daiquiris!! The beach was great, beautiful white sand and clear turquoise water. Our room was very large, spacious and super clean (we had a corner room on the 3rd floor). Maid service daily was great and always left plenty of towels, water and mini fridge was stocked daily. The only little complaint I would have this year is that on three occasions the food was cold at the buffet, not hot; and the beach party was a bit of a let down because the entertainers were not as it in to it as last year; so they didn't make everyone dance and really get the party going. Other than those two little complaints, we had an excellent vacation and I would highly recommend this resort, all around solid 5 star!!!

Room Tip: All villas are located close to the beach, a max 2-3 min walk if you are at the farthest villa (ex: Villa 64). Easy access all around from this resort.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Andrew K

Dear Andrew,

It is a real pleasure to know that you spent a amazing vacation with us.

I greatly appreciate that you have chosen once again our Resorts as your holiday destination. Thank you for highlighting our amazing services, great staff, excellent pool, divine beach, good restaurants, especially the ones that you mentioned.

We feel glad that you find some aspects worth mentioning.

Please be assured that it is an honour and a great compliment for us to forward such wonderful comments to all our staff. We are satisfied to hear that you had an excellent stay in our hotel facilities and premises especially because of the friendliness of our staff members.

All the time we have to be a dreamer!!!

Have a great day!!!

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Manny who runs the place is a absolute gem. The entertainment Juckson and Alexis are phenomenal..along with Bianca who is a waiter down by the pool. These are the ones who need to be recognized for all their hard work and work ethic!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Kelsi M

Dear Kelsi,

Thank you very much for your good comments and for highlighting our excellent friendly, great staff,especially all that you mentioned.

We hope to see you again at Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana.

Be happy all the time!!!

Have a great day :-)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one week during March break with an Air Transat all-inclusive package. We really enjoyed our trip overall, but as with all hotels there were positives and a few negatives. Firstly, the beach was amazing. What a great spot this hotel is in. The 'Ambar' section of the Bahia Principe complex is right on the beach and the water couldn't be better. We were able to get a spot off to the left of the beach bar - past the roped off 'VIP section' every morning (around 9am) away from the crowds and a little secluded. This section is much quieter, and although a little further from the bar and bathrooms, definitely worth it. We are not pool people so we really enjoyed swimming in the warm clear blue water. We also took out a hobie cat one day which was fun. The beach was great for long walks with very soft sand. Secondly, the room was perfect for us. It was spacious, well air-conditioned, cleaned often and the mini-bar was always stocked with snacks, cold drinks, etc. We even arrived to a fruit plate and some t-shirts which was a nice touch. There was a TV with several english channels and the room also had a nice balcony to sit on. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was spacious. Thirdly, the food was much better than many of the all-inclusives I have been to before. I am the type of person that usually always gets sick to their stomach from all-inclusive foods. I didn't have to worry about that here. I tried almost everything and didn't get sick from anything. We went to all 3 a la carte restaurants (we emailed the hotel in advance and they made the reservations for us) and the food at these restaurants was also very good. For lunch we ate at the beach restaurant each day which always had great paella and BBQ -- really enjoyable. Also, the beach bar was amazing, they have very friendly staff members working there and I always enjoyed the walk up for more drinks (coco locos!). The grounds of the Ambar were beautiful, the gardens were nicely maintained and the lobby always had some event on each night which they decorated for. One negative for us is that we are 25 years old and we felt very young compared to the other guests at the Ambar. There were a few other couples around our age, but the majority of the guests were 50+. Because of this, things quieted down after dinner. Most nights, we took the trolly into the other parts of the Bahia Principe complex which had a bit more entertainment and some younger people. The only other negative was that the resort complex was gigantic and very busy. I mentioned we took the trolly around the complex a few times and by doing this we saw how huge this place really is. If you are the type of person who likes privacy and a smaller hotel feel, this isn't the place for you. If you don't mind crowds, it's a great all-inclusive on a beautiful beach with above-average food and nice service.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were very similar from what I saw. We requested an ocean-view room but the way the hotel is set up, these don't really exist.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Katie M
Viancagraciano, Customer service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Katie

Thank you very much for your good comments, it is a real pleasure to know that you spent a great vacation wit us.

One more time many thanks for highlighting our good food, amazing beaches, beautiful grounds.

I greatly appreciate that you find some aspects worth mentioning.

We would like to welcome you once again at Punta Cana to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Punta Cana.

When there is a will, there is a way!!!

Big kisses from Punta Cana :-)