“The hotel was very good standard and great quality”

Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection
Ranked #50 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed 3 August 2014

got back from this hotel on the 4 of july, had a great 2 weeks here the hotel is a very high standard hotel, the buffet restaurant was very good with great selection of different meals great service, the a la carte restaurant s were just excellent very good selection of food the wine was very good too, there are only 2 reasons why we would not return ... 1 the pool was just full of drunken American's all afternoon sat at on the stalls at the bar in the pool we watch a guy trying to get out but he was so drunk he could not get up the steps and another time security escorted a woman away from the bar because she was so drunk and she was annoying other people sat at the bar, so we spent every day at the beach which was very nice, 2... at 11.15 every night in the lobby bar when everybody was in full swing (the only bar at the ambar) they closed and shut the bar and even turned the lights out at 11.30 if you hadn't drank up, they said if you wanted another drink you to there other hotel which ment catching the bus train thing just like butlins and so was the other hotel, I feel if I booked a 5 star adults only hotel I feel I should be treated like a adult not told at 11.15 its time for bed and there is no where in the ambar to have another drink,

shame because I found this hotel excellent in many ways, and the Dreamliner was great

2  Thank twinkle2012
Viancagraciano, customer service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear guest,

We are glad to know that you find worth to mention the good buffet with a great selection of food, great service and good wine too. It is delightful to read that you have found the hotel was very good with great quality. On the other hand, it is a shame that as you mentioned you will not return to our Resort, but please let me inform you that we have a set schedule for each department, but it does not mean that you cannot continue having fun with other facilities.

It’s our sincere hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future in any of our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Greetings,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Just came back from a very relaxing wonderful first visit! The Ambar was recommended to us by a cousin. Beautiful property, clean beaches and first class service. The room was beautiful and very clean. Although we didn't have a amazing view, we were right beside the beach and pool. Juckson and Stefanny from the animation team kept us entertained and informed of upcoming events. Both were very pleasant, friendly and always a pleasure to talk to.
Desiree served us in the lobby and patio area. She always had a smile on her face and gave us excellent service. Juan #1(in the Don Pablo and buffet ) also gave us excellent friendly service. The food and drinks were amazing!
Will definitely be back!,

2  Thank Tinapiet

Dear client,

I really appreciate your review. For all of us it is great to read that you will to repeat your wonderful first experience in the Dominican Republic.

Thank you for recommending us as a wonderful place to relaxing and with first class service.
I hope to welcome you in the near future in our premises to provide you a great vacation once again.

Kind greetings,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Truly Beautiful! This adult only resort was exactly what we needed for some R&R. The crystal blue water, excellent food (except the Italian restaurant), and friendly staff made our stay worth repeating. If it's your first time, try the Bavaro Runners tour... Coffee, chocolate, cigars, sugar cane, bat cave, horse back riding and true Dominican food gives you a glimpse of what life there is like.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with the rooms. This section of BP is smaller, close to everything. The close...
2  Thank Filomena F

Dear Filomena,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor and for mentioning our excellent food and friendly staff. It is good to know that you found exactly what you expected.

I would like to have the opportunity to welcome you once again at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I visited in June 2014 and had a great time! Transportation to and from the airport was a breeze as long as you have your voucher printed before you arrive to PC. I had to wait one hour for my room to be ready and though I requested one king bed, there were 2 doubles, no problem but that would have at least made up for my wait time.

My personal butlers, Maurice and Enerio, made me feel like I came with friends finished my check in, walked me to my villa, offered to unpack my belongings, gave me a quick tour of the place and showed me how to get around within the resort. This totally made up for the one hour wait.

The beach was perfect and there was always an open chaise close to shade and the water. The food variety was not really what I was hoping for but it was decent and always fresh. I expected a lot more variety daily but it was the same variety, though large, just about everyday. This prompted me to visit the restaurants and other buffets at the other hotels, which I was never denied access to.

The room staff kept my room sparkling and always smelling great! I enjoyed my garlic shrimp at the seafood restaurant but it was just okay, the ziplining tour Fare lead was fun and a great way to see some of the locales around PC, the daytime pool parties were fun but there was hardly ever an open chair around the pool, especially during lunch time. The onsite 'bus' was perfectly timed and took me shopping at all the other stores at the other hotels on this resort.

The place is huge and offered lots of night activities for all ages. I did not experience the late night loud partying sounds I read about in the reviews prior to booking my trip (Villa 68). I would recommend this place over and over! Ask for Maurice and Enerio. Their customer service is impeccable! Oh, and the lavender pillows on the pillow menu were a nice touch! Thanks LBPA, I will be back.

Room Tip: Balcony conversations travel When the tub/shower is running, you can hear what sounds like 'lea...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear guest,

It is wonderful to see that in our Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Don Pablo Collection you had a great time. Our staff will be delighted to hear that you appreciate their work in making your stay a magical experience in the Caribbean, especially Maurice and Enerio. Your comments represent us an inspiration to continue striving towards excellence.

Thank you very much for recommending us and it is wonderful to know that you will return.

All-inclusive luxury hotels on the Dominican Republic with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I've been to 2 other resorts in Dom Rep, Dreams La Romana and Grand Marien in Puerto Plata. I would start by saying that they are all very similar. The weather here is no different and the beaches are all the same.

Great rooms, good food, beautiful beach- what more could you want?

Stayed: August 2014

Dear guest,

Posts such as yours delight us and gives us confidence to keep working hard to satisfy our customers and improve our services.

Thank you for choosing Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in the Dominican Republic.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

First day when we arrived, there wasn't much of service, the front desk gave our keys and told us to grab lunch till our room was ready. They didn't tell us where to go rather than point and didn't give us an idea of the grounds at the resort since it was big. The food was okay. After lunch we got our keys and again no explanation of events, facilities or anything which rubbed me the wrong way. We had to wait for 20 minutes for a trolley to take us to the Ambar hotel. The room definitely is not 5 star it was an okay room but we were right in front of the lobby which was fine but at night the music was loud due to the events. Our room mini bar was not stocked, tv didn't work and there was sewer smell from the shower. These were my only negatives but overall the buffet was good, waiters/waitresses were nice, restaurants were good as well. The beach was crowded but always found chairs and the beach did have a lot of seaweed but overall not that bad. I would stay here again if I came back.

Stayed: August 2014
Viancagraciano, customer service at Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue Don Pablo Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Karen,

I would like to thank you for bringing to our attention your comments about your stay in our Hotel. It is through communications of this nature that our customers give us an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance, as well as to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from us. I want to offer an apology if you felt you did not received the service you deserve.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a dream in the Caribbean.

We are always at your disposal,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The property itself is quite beautiful. Nice beaches, pools, and the rooms are typical of what you see in Punta Cana, Mexico, Caribbean, etc. However, the service is very poor. Every time I would call "Guest Service" or "Room Service", the attendant didn't speak English and would transfer up to four times (yes, four!). One room service order, I asked for 2 waters, 2 natural yogurts, and a mixed salad. I received 0 waters, 2 orders of nachos?, 2 weird fruity yogurts, and a mixed salad that tasted like it sat in the sun for an hour. I will say the buffet is good and the restaurants are very tasty. Anyway, if you're expecting first-class, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Colin B

Dear Colin,

Thank you for highlighting the beauty of the property, nice pool and beach, and good buffet.
Please I sincerely ask you to apologize us because you felt you did not received the service you deserve and also for the language barrier.

It is my sincere hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future in any of our Resorts.

Greetings,