“Excellent dive company”

US$49.00*
and up
Bávaro Snorkeling and Natural Swimming Pool in Punta Cana
More attraction details
Owner description: Quality Scuba Diving Centers WITH 20% Online Discount! DRESSEL DIVERS is the company chosen by the prestigious Iberostar Hotel chain for the last twenty years to run diving activities on the premise of its luxury hotels in the Caribbean, to ensure that this service has the same quality as the hotels.We are dedicated to teaching diving and offer all levels of PADI courses: From beginner all the way to PADI instructor. Other federations are also welcome. We offer boats especially made for diving by a lifelong diver, the owner, who contributed his strong experience to construct outstanding boats for this activity. Our main priority is to guarantee your safety!We organize diving excursions every day for certified divers to the marvelous reefs, that are closest to our hotel, as well as full day excursions for both divers and snorkelers to more remote sites such as Bayahibe and Saona Island.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Centennial, Colorado
“Excellent dive company”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed on the Bavaro beach and bought the 12- dive package. We had lots of questions about the weather, diving on the north and south sides of the island, etc. and Marcello was wonderful in patiently answering all of our questions and helping us decide which dives and when to go. We booked the Saona excursion and enjoyed our two dives on the south side very much. Matias was our guide and was excellent. He pointed out a nudibranch to us, which we had not seen before. Also saw an orange and black spotted eel, flounder, spider shrimp, lots of reef sealife. Saona Island is absolutely beautiful for a picnic stop also. Our dives on the north side were of a different nature. Not as much sea life and lots of surge, but beautiful canyons and dive throughs. We dived with Chris, Cass and Armando. All of the guides are extremely professional and safety consciousl We were very impressed with the entire Dressel Dive operation on Bavaro beach.

Toronto, Ontario
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Third time's a charm”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My sister and I came back once again for more dives. This time we chose the Diver's Day excursion - a busy day but well worth it! During our three dives we saw four sharks (one of which was about 2.5-3m!), two eagle rays, and a plethora of other marine life including eels, a lobster, a king crab, a barracuda, and many many fish. Thanks once again to Matias for spotting everything and being such a great guide!

If you pre-book your dives before you arrive you save 20%, and then you can arrange your schedule once you get here.

Happy diving :)

1 Thank barretjl
Atlanta, Georgia
“You're in good hands”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Scuba Diving was on my bucket list and the experience I had with Dressel in Punta Cana was unbelievable. In fact, I'm now hooked. Dressel offers the Discovery Dive for beginners. This includes about 40 minutes of classroom, a dive in the swimming pool (instructional also) and two dives. There seamed to be a lot to learn because of the nervousness involved, but their people were all very professional and definitely were not going to let anything bad happen. Chris, who took me down for the first dive, explained step by step everything we were going to do and did a good job easing my nerves (my biggest fear was equalizing my ear pressure).
On the descent, Chris stayed right in front of me with constant eye to eye contact and we went down at my pace. Communication through hand signals (part of the training) was essential and allowed me to communicate back and forth with him. Nonetheless, the first dive, although it went well, was not as enjoyable as you would expect, because of the anxiety involved. However, after the dive was over and I had a chance to reflect on the experience, I realized that it was actually very easy, and I was ready for the next dive. Marcelo, took me down for the second dive and as soon as I jumped off the boat, I looked beneath the surface and now I couldn't wait to descend. As with Chris, he watched me like a mother hen. Although, this time after we made air adjustments to the vests to achieve neutral buoyancy, we went off exploring. It is the best experience of weightlessness and unbelievable beauty like you can not imagine. I'm totally hooked on it now and all my beach vacation plans will include a Dressel Dive.The only bad thing was the signal I got when it was time to surface. Thanks to all the Dressel team, especially the young lady, whose name I forget, that I bothered for days, asking her all kind of questions about the activity before signing up.

Lynnville, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent Diving in Punta Cana!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I bought a 12-dive package and added the Saona Island excursion. If you book ahead of time, you save 20%. All the dives were excellent! The dive guides are very professional and knowledgeable about the sites. Well worth the time and money for your vacation excursions. They also do snorkeling for those non-divers in the group.

1 Thank skdefoe
Durham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Professional dive company with really helpful staff”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I did some diving with Dressel divers while on holiday in the dom rep. They were reasonably priced, but I did get a better deal by pre booking before I travelled.
The dive sites are of a good quality, withe best diving for wildlife being on the south coast, so book a excursion to Catalina island.
The local dive sites are also good with lots of canyons and swim throughs.
The dive guides where friendly and knowledgeable about the sites, thanks to jase and chris for some excellent dives.
My only gripe was the $20 per taxi ride from my hotel which was only ten minutes drive away, I have dived around the world and this is the only company that didn't offer free pickup and drop off, hence only four stars. Just a small annoyance, but never the less an extra cost which did offset the pre booking discount I received.
Overall a really good diving experience and I would use them again.

1 Thank Chrisclenn